Virginia Beach, Virginia

Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

Sites: 1000+

Elevation: 23' (approximate)

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $75.00

We just got back from Halloween camping at Holiday Trav-L-Park in Virginia Beach. The Good: Perfect weather--mid 70's during the day and low 60's at night. The campers--very enthusiastic and great decorations. The Bad: Thursday, as we are setting up, a lady walked past out site and commented on the decorations we had up so far. That was her "in." Then she began talking about reading tarot cards and how scary accurate she is and how they have changed her life and how she only uses them to help make people better.......for the low cost of $20 for a reading. Once we got rid of her I headed to the office to complain about being solicited at my site by someone who was endorsed by the campground. On my way there I had to pass advertisement signs about every 10 feet that lead to the toy hauler popup store setup in the super sites. These signs are only in the front of the campground from the entrance to store, but there are at least 100 of them To add to that her husband rides around the rest of the campground in his golf cart covered with signs, just in case we didn't see the ones up front. I made my complaint and the manager seamed receptive. When I left I noticed a new attraction just inside the entrance. There was a class A camper setup with what I could beds describe as a garage sale. I'm not sure if the owners of this campground really understand why people go camping. We've been regulars here for almost a decade now. Something has changed at Holiday Trav-L-Park in the past couple years, and it's not for the better. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $48.00

Good location along bike path to the beach and boardwalk. Weak wifi, no cable but good OTA TV. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Good bike path to get to the beach and the boardwalk. The park also had a private parking lot very close to the beach. Naval Base Cruises from Norfolk was great as was the bus tour of the Norfolk Navel Base. We parked our dually at a park and ride and took the light rail into downtown Norfolk.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $89.00

This was our second visit to this park, and our first staying in one of the super sites. We traveled to Va Bch for the weekend specifically to take in a concert. The super sites are quite an upgrade from the rest of the park and we were pleased with that. There is decent spacing between the sites, and the robust fire ring is a good amenity. There is a bit of foliage in this area that may or may not impede your ability to lock onto satellites depending on the site assigned. The cable service is really good; well over 100 channels. Since it is a beach town, the CG is a very busy, bustling place chocked full of families. We saw lots of happy people at this campground. The CG is immediately adjacent to the Oceana Naval Air Station, and directly under the flight path. Enjoy the sounds of freedom. We did! We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $66.00

Site-We had a full hook up site. It was perfectly level when we pulled in, which was nice. It was a mix of sand, dirt, and grass...which was messy, especially because we had some significant rain. I was happy with our site though because it did not gather water like many of the other sites I saw. There was a large tree with roots going across our site, but it did provide nice shade and I think that also helped with preventing puddles of water around our site. The main roads through the campground did have huge puddles after the heavy rain. There was some noise, but sleeping in a camper I didn't notice anything. I know other people have commented on the planes flying. I noticed them during the day but not while I was sleeping. It didn't bother me or my dog. We had no problem with our hookups. The site wasn't huge but it wasn't bad. We had enough room to squeeze in our truck and a car with our 38' fifth wheel. I love the pools and the number of pools. There was a pool right up the road from our site. It had some shade trees and had few kids. There are 3 other pools. The main pool by the check in and store. There is a kiddie pool at this spot too and a lifeguard. The other pool was by the super sites. I loved the dog park, big fenced in area with a hose to rinse your dog off if you wish. It is a bit muddy and gets wet with rain but, it's a dog park. It is a little hike to the beach, easy to drive. Biking takes about 15-30 minutes, walking close to 45 minutes. I loved the parking area at the beach, one of the reasons we chose this campground. It is tight parking there when busy, especially because many of them are larger trucks. Overall, I was very happy with the price and the campground. Lots of bathrooms throughout the campground. A pretty good value for a beach camping trip! No fire ring at our site but a decent picnic table. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Supersites are worth the money! End sites are also a good pick anywhere.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $66.00

Check-in was quick, but things went downhill from there. We were directed into our site by one of the staff and clearly showed him the number on our car tag. He proceeded to lead us down the wrong row to the wrong site. We asked him to help us back up to get to the correct row and he backed us right up into a tree. Our bikes were on the back and resulted in a shattered ladder and damaged bikes. The infuriating thing was that we did not get as much as an apology from the management and they took no responsibility for this incident. There is a very nice RV repairman on site who advised us to take off the ladder until it can be fixed properly and one of the maintenance men loaned us a tall ladder. This was the only positive thing about the campground. Crowded roadways, jet noise overhead and the loud partying really put us off. Never again! We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Great miniature golf within a mile!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $67.00

Check-in takes 20 to 30 minutes. Our site had no electricity. That took another half hour. Most sites are not level. Most have grass....our's only had dirt and rocks. TV was good on an antenna. Cable costs more. WiFi is through Tengo and is only free for 1 hour out of every 12. Not a place we'll be back to. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $66.00

We have stayed here almost every summer since 2002 and the overall experience is on the decline. We camped for one week during the 4th of July. As the campground is great location to all of Virginia Beach attractions, has many pools and activities, a dog park that is great for letting your pup take a run the campground management needs to address some issues, the biggest being golf carts. People driving around aimlessly playing loud music, shining their bright LED lights into your campsite and drinking is a disaster waiting to happen. Another is kids under 16 driving around and racing through the camp roads. The pool close to our site was closed during the day and when it was open the lack of skimming is apparent, the pool attendant would never even look at see what was going on in the pool. Low voltage under 105 at times. Our water pressure was under 20 pounds the entire stay, the water was brown and I was told to "flush" the system to clear it up. Asking to speak to management I was told that none were on site. The campground was so overbooked they were placing tent campers on any available piece of grass. After the 4th they did not pick up the garbage for two days, trash was all over in campsites. Again the campground is in a great location, you can bicycle to anywhere on the beach. We would probably return but more on the off season. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Head to Gilly's Creamery for great ice cream. Also while there pick up some veggies at the farm market. Ride your bike to the beach via the bike path.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $67.00

Upon our arrival staff was very helpful kind and welcoming. Our site was easy to find and accessible. Clean, graveled, and level. At night the music was extremely loud and partying at the pool! The pool area was DARK and I felt unsafe and too many people. No security or personnel observing the campground on a regular basis. I attempted to go to the pool and take my grandchildren and find the pool closed due to a incident the night before! Broken glass and chunks of concrete all around the pool and arcade window broken the workers were inside trying to scoop the glass up and around the pool. My grandchildren went home early disappointed. Although there were 3 other pools and 2 were also closed. The workers in the cafe could not speak English and give directions. It is very accessible to the boardwalk and easily taken by a shuttle. The shuttle drivers went above and beyond to make sure you got off and on where u wanted. All in all it was a okay stay but I would not return. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $53.00

We stayed in a 30' Class C motor coach for 4 nights on a Full Hookup site with Cable TV Our "Deck" was falling apart and when I stepped on it the board flipped up, they are all loose Check in was with a fellow who was clearly bored with his job and couldn't care less about the line waiting Lots are tiny and turned muddy with the overnight rain Sewer was way back and slightly uphill Noisy and close quarters added to the unpleasant experience Would not stay here again. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Eden Section

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $48.00

Great campground. Unfortunately, we stayed during a big rain storm weekend and didn't get to enjoy too much of the grounds. Bath house and restrooms were very clean. Nice dog park, mini golf is Extra and the course is a bit under maintained. Friendly staff and good sites. Pools looked nice. I will mention the camp store was severely cluttered and unkept. We will definitely camp here again. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $75.00

This is a very large park but it doesn't feel too big because they subdivide sections with trees and shrubs. We stayed in the super sites and they were wonderful. Their fire rings were actually raised metal outdoor fire pits. Very nice looking. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

The park has a parking lot at the beach for its campers. This was a wonderful benefit because parking is scarce and pricey at the beach.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $68.00

This is a very large and noisy campground. I felt that I was being a bother to the person that checked us in. We were handed the map with our site circled and told to locate it ourselves. In a park this size an escort should be provided to help locate your site. The campground has 4 pools and only 1 was open on the very hot day that we were there. The 1 pool that was open was so crowded I don't think it would have been safe to swim in. The restrooms and showers are modern and clean. It is nearly impossible to watch TV or talk to someone because the noise from the military jets that fly over constantly is deafening. Fortunately, we were just passing through the area and only stayed one night. I will not be staying at this campground or in the Virginia beach area again. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $66.00

This RV Park is a tale of two cities. The older section, which is the vast majority of the park, appears to have been designed several years if not decades ago. The sites are grass/sand, and I consider them adequate, although I did find the water pressure to be lacking (45 psi). The newer section containing the super sites had a totally different feel to it, and if we ever return to this park, this section is the only one we will accept. We were there over a holiday weekend and the place was packed. Being a beach town, the park is a hive of activity with people running around everywhere, from sun-up to the onset of quiet hours at 2300. If you need to be around a lot of people, outdoor entertainment systems, and golf carts, this is the place. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

The park's private parking area at the beach is near the south end of the boardwalk and Waterman's seafood grill. Highly recommended.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $89.00

This was a large, very busy campground. Got there Saturday of 4th of July weekend and had to wait an hour just to check in. Started off on site 344 which was a very nice back-in site. Other sites in that area were small and would not have accommodated our motorhome. Had to pay extra to use the wifi and the connection was horrible. The cable TV was fuzzy. Also had to pay extra for a fire ring (REALLY?!?!??). Golf carts were everywhere and management did not enforce rules when it came to only licensed drivers operating the golf carts. Also saw more than one person drinking beer while driving them. The campground website boasts 4 pools, but only two were open at any given time while we were there. Things quieted down quite a bit after the holiday weekend and we were able to move to a supersite. This site was very nice and included a fire ring in the price. Bathrooms were filthy and I was thankful that I didn't have to use them. We liked the location of this park - close enough to everything but not in the crazy downtown area. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $60.00

Stayed in busy summer months when short notice reservations weren't available elsewhere. Space 19 is next to busy bus stop/office/pool etc. Dirt and some grass with adequate services. Pretty noisy throughout the day and night with live music each night.

Get a supersite if you need to stay there which have more space and better services.

Easy to get in and out and convenient to Virginia Beach. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Are you affiliated with Holiday Trav-L-Park ?