Holiday Trav-L-Park

1075 General Booth Blvd
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

Sites: 1000+

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Holiday Trav-L-Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $35.00

Very large park, maintained very well. Beautiful lanscaping and several sitting areas throughout the park. A style of camping for everyone. Tents, cottages, rental units and tents available as well as full sun and shady sites. ALso the super sites wich have concrete pads, grill and fire pits. A great stocked store, very nice laundry, 4 pools, restuarant on site until Labor Day and many other amenities. You are next to a Naval Air Station so do expect noise from the jets, which we enjoy. Narrow interior roads, needs more light and better signage. The only park where we have tayed in 8 years of FT where they offered recycling containers. What we both found quite odd, no fire-pit, or truck rims for fire. Just build it on the ground. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $55.00

Wow, I used to say I never give top marks but this campground goes above and beyond to make your stay amazing. If we had a concern ( size of site was too small), they very accommodating and gave us an upgrade an no further cost. The 4 pools were clean and well kept and the live bands were terrific as we splashed around in the pool at 10PM. The washrooms were a highlight for my family with the rainfall showers. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

For being in an area with a large military population, they do not offer any military discount. There are over 700 sites at this CG, yet at prime 4pm check-in time there were only 2 people working the desk. There had been a lot of rain in the week preceding our visit, and there was a lot of standing water throughout the park, including the entrance road. Sites appeared to be gravel, but had not been replenished or graded in some time. The main pool by the office had nightly entertainment and was quite loud, but even noticeable at our site, quite some distance from the pool. The party went on well past 11pm. Laundry facilities by the office were small, and always occupied, then closed at 10:30pm. Like many resort campgrounds, any guests, no matter why they were visiting, were charged $6.00. Wifi at our site was so weak we did not bother trying to sign in. Plus, you only get 1 hour free every 12 hours. Any more than that is charged extra. T-Mobile data was poor, phone service was OK. For being right in a major population center, OTA channels were weak. Our site was heavily trees, so satellite would not have worked. It's unlikely we would stay at this CG again, but did seem nicer and cleaner than the KOA across the road. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $66.00

This was our first visit to an RV Resort type park. It is HUGE and has hundreds of sites and 4 pools, nightly entertainment (DJs, karaoke, etc.), and a cafe. They have pull-thrus and back-ins and offer water, electricity, sewer and even cable on some sites. Pluses: free parking lot for beach, trolley transport to beach area, free trash bags and pickup at site, excellent laundry facility, clean grounds, shopping and restaurants nearby, many shady lots, level sites, discounts for club members. Minuses: sites are very close together so, if full, would be a bit claustrophobic, the site got very muddy when it rained (deep puddles), bathrooms smelled. We did not use showers or pools so no review. Overall recommend if going to Virginia Beach for vacation. We went for 6 nights in a 26' trailer. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

The boardwalk and beach!

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Trav-L-Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

Our site and several other areas contained trash and debris. No enforced quiet time. Group party next to us was LOUD well past midnight on both nights! Dog park/run is huge AND wonderful. Internet only free for one hour. Overall disappointing, though security at front entrance was excellent. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

30-40
Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

A big campground, several hundred sites. Most are level gravel, but expect large puddles after rain. Add about 15% for local taxes. ATT cell phone coverage is poor. Internet access is NOT included, it is provided by Tengo Internet at $5/day or $15/week. Tengo is a lousy provider. As I rely on good Internet access for working when I travel, I am disinclined to stay here again. Site was not long enough for truck and 33-foot 5th-wheel, but there was room enough to park the truck on the site. Interior roads a bit tight, but we had no problems. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Very close to NAS Oceana.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $54.00

We arrived in the second week of April, still cool, and campground rather empty verses the summertime. Still, we enjoyed our quiet stay and the friendly staff. We stayed in a pull thru full hook up site (Water-Sewer-Electric 30/50). We found out that the trolley does not start running till mid May along with most spots on the boardwalk on Virginia Beach. Oh well maybe next time. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $70.00

Really nice campground,nice sites,people working there were very nice.we went when it wasnt crowded at all stayed right by pool. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

We visited during the off season, but the campground was still probably 1/4 full. It was our first time there, and we did enjoy it. The bathrooms were clean and up-to-date, the employees were helpful and polite, everything worked at our campsite, and the site itself was big and reasonably level. We've heard this is a party campground, and I understand the reputation is well earned. We saw a little bit of this during our stay, with some noisy neighbors. I don't think we'd stay there during the in-season, but for a March trip, it's a good location and the price is right. My only complaint about our stay was that the camp store was not open. We were told it's not usually open until Memorial Day. I could understand limiting the hours, but to not be open at all is perplexing and a bit annoying. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Travel Trailer.

Eden 318

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

Been visiting this campground for decades and have had some good times there. Like so many others had commented on Holiday Travel park's Facebook Review section, this place is infested with thievery. Actually was burglarized in this campground November 2017, someone entered my camper while I walked to the restroom before 10 pm. Sounds like you need to put everything away or it will be stolen at this campground, lock your vehicles, apparently management is pretty sloppy. 2017 was not the first time someone entered my camper at this campground either. If it has a lock, Lock it.... We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Tent Trailer.

Dirt, Sand
Quite a bit longer than my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $48.00

Good location along bike path to the beach and boardwalk. Weak wifi, no cable but good OTA TV. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Good bike path to get to the beach and the boardwalk. The park also had a private parking lot very close to the beach. Naval Base Cruises from Norfolk was great as was the bus tour of the Norfolk Navel Base. We parked our dually at a park and ride and took the light rail into downtown Norfolk.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $75.00

We just got back from Halloween camping at Holiday Trav-L-Park in Virginia Beach. The Good: Perfect weather--mid 70's during the day and low 60's at night. The campers--very enthusiastic and great decorations. The Bad: Thursday, as we are setting up, a lady walked past out site and commented on the decorations we had up so far. That was her "in." Then she began talking about reading tarot cards and how scary accurate she is and how they have changed her life and how she only uses them to help make people better.......for the low cost of $20 for a reading. Once we got rid of her I headed to the office to complain about being solicited at my site by someone who was endorsed by the campground. On my way there I had to pass advertisement signs about every 10 feet that lead to the toy hauler popup store setup in the super sites. These signs are only in the front of the campground from the entrance to store, but there are at least 100 of them To add to that her husband rides around the rest of the campground in his golf cart covered with signs, just in case we didn't see the ones up front. I made my complaint and the manager seamed receptive. When I left I noticed a new attraction just inside the entrance. There was a class A camper setup with what I could beds describe as a garage sale. I'm not sure if the owners of this campground really understand why people go camping. We've been regulars here for almost a decade now. Something has changed at Holiday Trav-L-Park in the past couple years, and it's not for the better. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $66.00

Check-in was quick, but things went downhill from there. We were directed into our site by one of the staff and clearly showed him the number on our car tag. He proceeded to lead us down the wrong row to the wrong site. We asked him to help us back up to get to the correct row and he backed us right up into a tree. Our bikes were on the back and resulted in a shattered ladder and damaged bikes. The infuriating thing was that we did not get as much as an apology from the management and they took no responsibility for this incident. There is a very nice RV repairman on site who advised us to take off the ladder until it can be fixed properly and one of the maintenance men loaned us a tall ladder. This was the only positive thing about the campground. Crowded roadways, jet noise overhead and the loud partying really put us off. Never again! We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Great miniature golf within a mile!

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $66.00

Site-We had a full hook up site. It was perfectly level when we pulled in, which was nice. It was a mix of sand, dirt, and grass...which was messy, especially because we had some significant rain. I was happy with our site though because it did not gather water like many of the other sites I saw. There was a large tree with roots going across our site, but it did provide nice shade and I think that also helped with preventing puddles of water around our site. The main roads through the campground did have huge puddles after the heavy rain. There was some noise, but sleeping in a camper I didn't notice anything. I know other people have commented on the planes flying. I noticed them during the day but not while I was sleeping. It didn't bother me or my dog. We had no problem with our hookups. The site wasn't huge but it wasn't bad. We had enough room to squeeze in our truck and a car with our 38' fifth wheel. I love the pools and the number of pools. There was a pool right up the road from our site. It had some shade trees and had few kids. There are 3 other pools. The main pool by the check in and store. There is a kiddie pool at this spot too and a lifeguard. The other pool was by the super sites. I loved the dog park, big fenced in area with a hose to rinse your dog off if you wish. It is a bit muddy and gets wet with rain but, it's a dog park. It is a little hike to the beach, easy to drive. Biking takes about 15-30 minutes, walking close to 45 minutes. I loved the parking area at the beach, one of the reasons we chose this campground. It is tight parking there when busy, especially because many of them are larger trucks. Overall, I was very happy with the price and the campground. Lots of bathrooms throughout the campground. A pretty good value for a beach camping trip! No fire ring at our site but a decent picnic table. We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Supersites are worth the money! End sites are also a good pick anywhere.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $89.00

This was our second visit to this park, and our first staying in one of the super sites. We traveled to Va Bch for the weekend specifically to take in a concert. The super sites are quite an upgrade from the rest of the park and we were pleased with that. There is decent spacing between the sites, and the robust fire ring is a good amenity. There is a bit of foliage in this area that may or may not impede your ability to lock onto satellites depending on the site assigned. The cable service is really good; well over 100 channels. Since it is a beach town, the CG is a very busy, bustling place chocked full of families. We saw lots of happy people at this campground. The CG is immediately adjacent to the Oceana Naval Air Station, and directly under the flight path. Enjoy the sounds of freedom. We did! We camped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Trav-L-Park

Are you affiliated with Holiday Trav-L-Park ?