6 Average

• Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Sports Field Sports Field yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $65.00

This is my second time reviewing this KOA. We stayed there back in June of this year. Because I wasn't fond of the site we got last time, I requested site 28, which looked to be in a quiet corner of the park. The site itself was a decent size (for a KOA) and well shaded. However, there were a couple of issues. The first problem was my fault, because I didn't realize that corner of the park is MUCH closer to the main road, and thus louder. The second issue was that the wifi didn't reach that corner of the park. It was simply impossible to connect. If I walked two site rows closer to the wifi tower, I got a perfect connection. I asked at the office and they rebooted the router, but that made no difference. They did acknowledge that the corner of the park we're in doesn't get great coverage. This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but if you're looking for wifi, don't get that site! Other than the site, the campground was in good shape, with clean bath houses and the always-polite employees. There was a festival happening on the other side of the campground, but I was warned about it and chose to stay there anyhow. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This is a typical KOA. The customer service is great, but the sites are basically parking lot-style with a few trees mixed in. The sites are gravel, and it was quite dusty as a result. I camped with my 13-year-old son, and there was plenty for us to do. Overall, however, if you're more of a state park type camper (like us) you won't be terribly happy here except as a home base for other activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

If you want to go to the beach, there's a shuttle to take you there. For adults, it's $4 for an all day pass, and kids under 18 are free. It drops you off at the end of the boardwalk.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $86.00

We arrived following a week of heavy rain and most sites were water-logged. Our allotted site was so bad that we had to be given an alternative. Maneuvering in the park with a big rig has significant obstacles in respect of trees and poorly constructed access tracks. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $103.00

We were here the 2nd week of June and stayed in our usual spot, #34 in the big rig area next to the store. The campsite was good and doesn't collect a lot of rain or have too much sun with the large tree overhead. The bathrooms are close by and clean. Our only and BIGGEST complaint with this years stay was the pool. We were hugely disappointed that the large pool was only open on the weekend (we stayed a week but only through one weekend). The is one of our favorite attractions of this campground, and to find out that they didn't staff it during the weekdays, in JUNE, was irritating to say the least! This was past Memorial Day and thus most pools are open full time in VA after that date! The pool was something we were looking forward to and instead had to use the smaller pool designated for kids with the slides emptying into it. This pool was a warmer temp and not refreshing at all. Not too mention the weekend day that we could go to the large pool, the KOA rented out their pavilion area to a large group that took over the small pool and were very rowdy. KOA workers had to speak to them several times and eventually the "rental guests" left the pool area. I think everyone at the pool sighed a moment of relief! I don't like giving such a harsh review, but we were really angry with this last stay. My husband was going to use that pool for physical therapy after a recent surgery, and it would have been perfect for that, had we been able to go to it more than 1 time. This place goes out of its way to warn potential guests about the the jet noise (after getting harsh reviews for years), why didn't they tell us the pool ( a main attraction) was not usable during the week! I know from speaking to others at the pool, we weren't the only ones upset by this. FYI....I did try to contact management while staying there and was given the run around by staff. We visited the competing campground across the street and will be staying there our next time at VB! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

For restaurants go to Jakes for BBQ, Waterman's for seafood or Captain Georges for an expensive feast! We have been going to these places for over 10 years....can't beat em'!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $69.00

Not sure if it was just the time of year but the park looked like they were getting ramped up. Pool wasn't open but they were preparing. Looks like we missed it by a few days. Store is nice, service is great. Sites weren't that great. Tight, couldn't use the fire ring because it was too close to the camper. Couldn't open the awning because of tree placement. Site was muddy and not even. Great location to the beach but even that was a surprise. Looks very rundown with old crap shops and restaurants. I have to say I was very surprised. Reminds me of a beat up Atlantic City town rather than a South Beach or Lauderdale. I won't be back. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Convienent to the beach but the beach was nothing to write home about. Aside from the beach and boardwalk, you need to walk a few blocks in to find food/bar etc.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $52.00

The park is large with a lot of long term campers on the far left side of park. I was on the right side (near the office) and for most of the 2 week stay is was near empty. We experienced a sewer issue (very slow drainage) on our row and eventually decided to move back a row. The staff appeared to know of the sewer problem, yet still put several campers on that row despite plenty of empty sites. Wifi was good, but cable was of poor quality and did not include any ESPN channels. The jet noise was loud, but we knew that going in and enjoyed seeing the Jets flying overhead. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

33 41
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is great and only a 3 miles away. Plenty of great food and beverage choices. The Aquarium is even closer. Uber is convenient and there is also a shuttle that stops at the park.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $55.00

Park is very large! Lots of seasonal and permanent rvs. Big rigs no problem. Very quiet because of time of year. Even though it was very empty they still put us close together. Don't get that. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Walk or drive to boardwalk for restaurants on ocean. Walk is 6 miles round trip.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

just stayed over night, pull thru sites, were roomy for our 25 ' R V. office staff pleasant. jets did go over head but didn't bother us. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $65.00

We checked in on August the 9th for a two-day stay at this park. We typically prefer to stay at KOA campgrounds simply because we find they are cleaner and have more amenities. This campground did not disappoint in that department.

The reason for the bad value rating is because NO WHERE in the information on-line does it stipulate that Naval Jets fly over this campground until 2 a.m. then begin maneuvers again at 8 a.m. It was ridiculous. Quiet hours in this park are from 11 p.m. until 8 a.m., yet it's acceptable for this disturbance to take place nightly when the military is practicing! It's both rude and inconsiderate to individuals who have come to this facility for REST and RELAXATION. This isn't an inexpensive campground either.

When my husband complained about the noise, the front office staff got VERY defensive. So, unless you want to experience the "rockets LOUD blare" nightly, you might want to stay elsewhere. Our two small dogs were terrified by the noise. While the campground is lovely, we will not be staying here again. Shame on KOA for not giving full disclosure on this website about the noise issues! I cannot imagine that ours is the only complaint. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $75.00

They don't take your rig size into consideration when assigning sites. First they gave me a pull thru site with two trees so close together there was no way I was going fit a 40' 5th between them. I couldn't even turn onto the site. Then they tell me there are no other sites available when there were at least a dozen open site more suited to a rig my size. They told me those were already assigned to people arriving the same day. But when I made my reservation 9 months earlier, they said sites were not assigned until check in. The site they finally moved me to is unlevel, with a huge tree on the camper's door side and large tree roots all over under my awning. There isn't much room under the awning for chairs because of the roots make it so uneven. The site would be better suited for my old 27' travel trailer, not my current RV. This was just handled poorly by the staff. Never again. If you're in a large rig, request an open site when you make your reservation. All the sites are tight. If get one with a tree, it really takes away from the site. I would have very happy with an open site but they told me they were all reserved. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

235 250
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $60.00

Great park in a super location close to the beach. Beautiful pool, nice amenities for kids, lovely grounds to take a walk or bike ride. The store is nicely stocked, and the staff is very friendly. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $51.00

This was a decent stay. We camped here for the weekend while visiting friends. The campground was very clean, but I felt that it was overpriced. They also charged per person which I also didn't like. The attendant behind the counter was a little slow and charged me for an extra person but I didn't feel like arguing over it for the $6. The jumper pads were a lot of fun and the camp ground was very pretty. We had a firepit in our spot which was really awesome. The store sold firewood but we were able to scavenge enough from the woods and around the campground without paying for it. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. Our site was nicely shaded by trees, as were most of the sites. Overall, this was a decent place to stay, but a little overpriced. Admin note: confirm collecting of firewood in campground and surrounding area is allowed. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Tons of stuff to do in the VA beach/Norfolk area. Battle Ship Wisconson, Navy base tours, beach, ect...

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $63.00

Camped in a 35 foot 5th wheel. Site C 160 is easy access pull through, level, & narrow. Site is grass & sand. We were camped during a hard & long rain storm & a very large mud puddle formed at the foot of the rig stairs. Sewer is in rear of site & a rather long reach if rig is centered front to back on site & has a center sewer discharge opening. Site is adjacent to bath house & propane tank. There is a somewhat noisy air conditioner at the bath house that can be heard at site, & lights shine all night. WiFi access is good. Bath house is well-used; shower stalls have slight mildew odor. Showers cleaned at least once every morning. The handicapped shower stall allows water to spill onto the floor outside the shower & it wets the entire floor of the room. There are no hooks or a place to put clothing & towels. Did not use restrooms or laundry. Did not use pools, but they looked clean. Convenient to Virginia Beach beach (three miles). There is a bike path that can be followed to reach the boardwalk; however, it is across a busy road from the campground. There is a city shuttle bus that stops in the campground. The campground is in a navy fly zone & there are noisy jets periodically during the day & until close to midnight. This a family destination type of campground. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $45.00

So we just got back from a 10-day trip to Virginia Beach. Stayed at the KOA, and I gotta say that the staff there was top-notch. From check-in personnel to the staff that cleans the restrooms, I was very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness displayed across the board. We had a nasty storm roll through Saturday evening. A lightning strike hit the ground across the road from us, about 20' from the pop-up that occupied the site. Not 5 minutes later staff members were at the camper. Long story short, the father in the camper got zapped by the electrical discharge, and the staff had EMS on site within 10 minutes of the incident. From my assessment, the staff did an A+ job handling the situation and directing help to the family (who were from Montreal and unsure how to access EMS). My biggest "negative" was this park's pricing system. The site price is based on 2 people occupying the site. I didn't catch it when I reserved the site back in March, and that's on me. Even now that I look at their website, it's still kinda sorta hidden - when you put in how many people are on the site, it says that kids under 6 are "free". When I double checked the receipt, it showed a $6 per night charge for "extra" person. I went back to the front desk, and was explained that the site price is for 2 people, etc... I had not come across this before as all the parks we have stayed at have been priced for 4 people. The explanation given me was when a site is only occupied by 2 people, they feel they should be given a discount since they shouldn't have to pay for 2 extra people. I get it, Ive just not encountered it before. Shame on me for not recognizing the pricing policy. (No I'm not going to blast the park on the rating for my mistake). The sites near General Booth Blvd will get traffic noise. That road is a 4-lane, well traveled boulevard. Be advised that if you're back there, you will hear the cars. The sites in that area are well-shaded, and best suited for tents and smaller TTs/pop-ups. A good portion of the sites are gravel/rocky, which is my biggest knock on the park. It's great for shade, especially in the heat of summer, but not the most comfy on the feet. There's a few grassy sites back there, but ask when you call the park - they should be able to let you know the general site characteristics. We were in sites 149 and 150. Very little (to none) shade from 144 to 150. 151-157 have woods/greenery behind them, and 158-190 have a lot of shade. These sites are deep, but narrow. The pull through sites seemed to be narrow as well, but that's where you'll find the full hookups. The sites across the entrance street (21-59) have some good shade as well. The pull-throughs are a gravel base also. For us, 150/149 were perfect (even without the sewer) for the group of us that went down. My rig is long (~60' end to end) and we got in and out fine, though if you've got a tall/long rig, I'd try not to exit using the road along sites 158-190, as the trees that line might be obtrusive to taller rigs. We used the restroom and shower facilities near our site. The restrooms were clean and well-maintained. The showers... the showers could use some improvements in water pressure and hot water. Also, the floors need to be redone and weren't ultimately the most stable or clean. The showeres were attended to, but they need some fixing-up. We were told that the showers up by the pull-throughs were better, but I didn't feel like venturing up that far. Too lazy... There is a beach shuttle that runs every 20 minutes (I forget the exact hours), and it's $2 per person. Parking down by the beach will run you $5 for 3hrs or $10 for all day (depending on lot). We had 10 in our group, so for $20 it was a wash, and easier to bring all our shtuff. Lastly, the noise from the F/A-18s that people complain about: it's not as bad as its made out to be (all hours of the night, constant, disruptive, etc.). Yes, you're gonna hear them. Yes, they will be loud. For the 10 days we were there, only 1 night were they flying past 10 or 11pm. It did not interrupt or spoil any of our camping experience. To me, it's an awesome sound! And, if you're a man and an American, you would NEVER complain about the sound of freedom raining down from above! Heck, if it bothers you, just pretend it's the wife yapping at you and tune it out! So, at the end of our trip, the park gets high marks for it's helpful staff, pool area, cleanliness and attentiveness. Good activities and close to the beach, and there's some fun things nearby (go-karts, water park, mini-golf, Hooters and Chik-fil-A). The negatives are some of the site sizes terrain, and the showers we used. We will definitely return. For our experience, it's a "9". We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $75.00

Thanks goodness for a great site # 41, had we been in one of the flooded sites the overall rating would be a 2. We would stay here again if we could get this site, so many of the others were flooded due to the rain that they had the week before. Another disappointment was the slummy seasonal / residents that they have here. I can't believe that this is a corporate owned KOA and it looks like this. This campground along with the one across the street are convenient to all the attractions of VA Beach. Our water, electric, sewer and cable worked perfect during our stay. The pool was well maintained. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dogs are allowed on the beach north of 42nd street before 10 AM and after 6PM. VA Beach is very dog friendly so check out that information on their website. Bring the bicycles and head to False Cape State Park.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?