1240 General Booth Boulevard
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were super friendly and efficient. The facility was well maintained. It was close to the beach (especially using the city trolly system with a stop right in the CG). Our only complaint would have been low water pressure during peak use times. It dropped to nothing on a couple occasions. Otherwise, this was a great facility with more amenities than we could use in our 5 day stay. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

There's a shuttle stop for a city trolley that will take you to the ocean front and the aquarium ($4 All day), which runs every 20 min. We also enjoyed local paddling spots and restaurants.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $53.00

A very nice campground that is a trolley stop for a service (fee) to and from Virginia Beach. The staff was very accommodating when I asked to be moved to a shaded site. The site they gave us was a pull through water/electric only but was a huge site with plenty of shade. The "premium" sites toward the front of the park have concrete patios and furniture. They are nice sites but not as shaded or as large as some of the W/E sites in our section (sites 114-132). One of the pros for this CG is that there are plenty of activities for all ages including a pocket park activity area, arcade, bike rentals and two nice pools. Another observation is that there is always several staff riding through the park on golf carts to pick up trash, check out sites, escort new arrivals to their site, etc. This is the most I have seen CG staff available for questions or issues. The biggest issue I had with this CG is the restrooms/showers. The restrooms had several broken toilets and what was not broken was not very clean. The showers were also dirty and need some updates. One note is that there is a military base nearby and the CG is in the flight pattern for jets that occasionally take off. It did not bother us and I enjoyed the show, but I can see where others might find it distracting and too loud. Overall a good CG but my rating is based on the restrooms. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $82.00

We stayed at this KOA at the last minute. I have avoided these large "parking lot" style campgrounds up to now. But this campground had bigger sites than I expected and many amenities for children and families. Of course we paid more to be this close to a major beach, but our destinations were close by, and we spent very little time driving once we got into VA Beach. There is a city shuttle that stops at KOA and takes campers to the beach and other attractions in VA Beach. Activities at the campground included 2 pools, a jumping pad, an inflatable slide, ping pong, life size chess game, large tricycles and golf carts for rent, 2 playgrounds, basketball, horseshoes and other games. Back in the middle center section (around the 120's) there was a seedy area with a camper or two that looked permanent and very run down. Other than that, things were clean and appeared well cared for. There were a lot of people there, yes; but folks were having fun. I would stay there again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $70.00

We've been at this park several times, usually for a travel soccer tournament. We hadn't been here for 6+ months, though, and noticed they've really made some improvements. They recently renovated their activities area, adding a dedicated cornhole area, bocce, ladderball, and a propane firepit area. It looks very nice. As usual with a KOA, the sites are rather close together, but after several tries we found an area of the park we liked. There was plenty of shade, and it was close enough to the transmitter that our wifi was okay during the day. At night it was pointless to try to use it, but that's the case with most campground wifi. The Holiday Trav-L Park across the street is cheaper, but we think the KOA is nicer. You get what you pay for! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $103.00

Stayed only one night during a Tropical Storm. Full Patio site. Local Beaches, two swimming pools. Large store. Property extremely well kept. Employees very helpful. Price a bit high but for me it was worth it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $47.00

Interior roads could use some work. Pools shut down, yet they still charged full rate. I don't understand that. We were a street away from WiFi tower, too far as it didn't work in the RV. Site surface was gravel and featured a fire ring. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $63.00

Nice level site. Nothin else to say................ We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $65.00

This is my second time reviewing this KOA. We stayed there back in June of this year. Because I wasn't fond of the site we got last time, I requested site 28, which looked to be in a quiet corner of the park. The site itself was a decent size (for a KOA) and well shaded. However, there were a couple of issues. The first problem was my fault, because I didn't realize that corner of the park is MUCH closer to the main road, and thus louder. The second issue was that the wifi didn't reach that corner of the park. It was simply impossible to connect. If I walked two site rows closer to the wifi tower, I got a perfect connection. I asked at the office and they rebooted the router, but that made no difference. They did acknowledge that the corner of the park we're in doesn't get great coverage. This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but if you're looking for wifi, don't get that site! Other than the site, the campground was in good shape, with clean bath houses and the always-polite employees. There was a festival happening on the other side of the campground, but I was warned about it and chose to stay there anyhow. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $103.00

We were here the 2nd week of June and stayed in our usual spot, #34 in the big rig area next to the store. The campsite was good and doesn't collect a lot of rain or have too much sun with the large tree overhead. The bathrooms are close by and clean. Our only and BIGGEST complaint with this years stay was the pool. We were hugely disappointed that the large pool was only open on the weekend (we stayed a week but only through one weekend). The is one of our favorite attractions of this campground, and to find out that they didn't staff it during the weekdays, in JUNE, was irritating to say the least! This was past Memorial Day and thus most pools are open full time in VA after that date! The pool was something we were looking forward to and instead had to use the smaller pool designated for kids with the slides emptying into it. This pool was a warmer temp and not refreshing at all. Not too mention the weekend day that we could go to the large pool, the KOA rented out their pavilion area to a large group that took over the small pool and were very rowdy. KOA workers had to speak to them several times and eventually the "rental guests" left the pool area. I think everyone at the pool sighed a moment of relief! I don't like giving such a harsh review, but we were really angry with this last stay. My husband was going to use that pool for physical therapy after a recent surgery, and it would have been perfect for that, had we been able to go to it more than 1 time. This place goes out of its way to warn potential guests about the the jet noise (after getting harsh reviews for years), why didn't they tell us the pool ( a main attraction) was not usable during the week! I know from speaking to others at the pool, we weren't the only ones upset by this. FYI....I did try to contact management while staying there and was given the run around by staff. We visited the competing campground across the street and will be staying there our next time at VB! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

For restaurants go to Jakes for BBQ, Waterman's for seafood or Captain Georges for an expensive feast! We have been going to these places for over 10 years....can't beat em'!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $86.00

We arrived following a week of heavy rain and most sites were water-logged. Our allotted site was so bad that we had to be given an alternative. Maneuvering in the park with a big rig has significant obstacles in respect of trees and poorly constructed access tracks. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This is a typical KOA. The customer service is great, but the sites are basically parking lot-style with a few trees mixed in. The sites are gravel, and it was quite dusty as a result. I camped with my 13-year-old son, and there was plenty for us to do. Overall, however, if you're more of a state park type camper (like us) you won't be terribly happy here except as a home base for other activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

If you want to go to the beach, there's a shuttle to take you there. For adults, it's $4 for an all day pass, and kids under 18 are free. It drops you off at the end of the boardwalk.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $69.00

Not sure if it was just the time of year but the park looked like they were getting ramped up. Pool wasn't open but they were preparing. Looks like we missed it by a few days. Store is nice, service is great. Sites weren't that great. Tight, couldn't use the fire ring because it was too close to the camper. Couldn't open the awning because of tree placement. Site was muddy and not even. Great location to the beach but even that was a surprise. Looks very rundown with old crap shops and restaurants. I have to say I was very surprised. Reminds me of a beat up Atlantic City town rather than a South Beach or Lauderdale. I won't be back. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Convienent to the beach but the beach was nothing to write home about. Aside from the beach and boardwalk, you need to walk a few blocks in to find food/bar etc.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $52.00

The park is large with a lot of long term campers on the far left side of park. I was on the right side (near the office) and for most of the 2 week stay is was near empty. We experienced a sewer issue (very slow drainage) on our row and eventually decided to move back a row. The staff appeared to know of the sewer problem, yet still put several campers on that row despite plenty of empty sites. Wifi was good, but cable was of poor quality and did not include any ESPN channels. The jet noise was loud, but we knew that going in and enjoyed seeing the Jets flying overhead. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

33 41
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is great and only a 3 miles away. Plenty of great food and beverage choices. The Aquarium is even closer. Uber is convenient and there is also a shuttle that stops at the park.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $55.00

Park is very large! Lots of seasonal and permanent rvs. Big rigs no problem. Very quiet because of time of year. Even though it was very empty they still put us close together. Don't get that. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Walk or drive to boardwalk for restaurants on ocean. Walk is 6 miles round trip.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

just stayed over night, pull thru sites, were roomy for our 25 ' R V. office staff pleasant. jets did go over head but didn't bother us. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?