Williamsburg, Virginia

• Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $79.00

We stayed on the Quiet Side over the Labor Day weekend. Great check-in and escort to the site even in the middle of a torrential downpour. Nice level corner site. A little snug for a 37 footer but with some placement the camper and truck fit. The quiet side worked for us because we were not traveling with family. Very peaceful. We did visited the Family Side and it is larger in size and many more activates for family members. Close to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. Clean bathhouse and great Staff. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $77.00

I think I would have had a different experience if I had stayed in the "quiet" side. At $77 per night, I expect a lot. The Colonial side (the one I am in; I was not aware of "the other side") is full of families, and looks to be the hip place if you have kids. I do not. Mine is all grown up. So this is kinda unpleasant for me. I can't get into the pool because there are (I counted them) 22 kids in there, and anymore, that's just too much spit and snot for me. The kids are running about having fun, and being kids, and that's loud.

I would have liked the option to be on the old fuddy-duddy side, but that wasn't given to me. Now that I know, I'm bitter... grumpy old fart, lol. The pool looks nice (although a bit murky now at 4:30pm), lots of fun things for kids. But don't stay here if you're retired and looking for peace. Lots are spacious and offer some shade. Site surface was gravel and featured a fire ring, picnic table and patio.

THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE, the Williamsburg side. Avoid the Colonial side unless you have the grandkids with you. OH, my site was NOT level, it is graded to the right. The cable is good, but I only have 1 bar for Atnt, and I work from "home." There was a bunch of dog-food dumped in the driveway I had to clean up because my prissy dog can't have that kind of food. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

e66

Obstacles

The location for all the Williamsburg stuff is good, though.

Williamsburg KOA Campground, manager at Williamsburg KOA responded to this review

We're sorry to hear you didn't fully enjoy your time with us. The July 4th week is always a busy time for us, but we're always happy to work with our guests to ensure they have the best experience possible. We would have been glad to move you to the Quiet Side of the campground given availability. Thank you for camping with us

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $85.00

Great experience. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Pool is open late. Jumping pillow and activities included in rate. Spotless campground and restrooms. They lead you to your site at checkin and double check everything is working and ok with you. Security gate at entry and exit. site-side trash pick up. Good power and cable tv. Free wifi, worked great for us. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $96.00

Had deluxe patio site which was very nice with brick patio, brick fire ring, round table with umbrella and swing. Site was gravel back in and level. Had 50/30 amp service, water, sewer and good cable. WiFi was good. Plenty of activities for kids. Campground was well maintained. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Close to I-64, but no road noise. Will stay there again. Only had slight problem with low hanging branch in driveway. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

E81

Close to Williamsburg attractions. There are two sections of campgrounds, Colonial and Williamsburg. Colonial is good for kids with activities. Has a nice pool area. Williamsburg section is quieter.

We appreciate that you took the time to review our campground. We're glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for camping with us and recognizing the hard work we put in to making our park a great one. We look forward to another visit. Happy camping!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $89.00

Our family choose to stay at the Williamsburg KOA for our first ever travel trailer camping experience, and overall it was a great one! We were placed at a site just inside the entrace of the Colonial side (there are actually two campgrounds at this KOA, Colonial and Williamsburg...Colonial is geared more towards the kiddos with jumping pillows and splash pad at the pool). The site ended up being perfect for us as it was close to the jumping pads, store, and a playground down the hill. All facilities we visited were clean and well kept (pool, game/activity room, jumping pads), and the nature trail was a nice touch as well (essentially a packed clay ATV trail with offshoot trails that made for good exploring). Campground was very peaceful on the upper Colonial side, with good shade from the trees and no road noise at all. While we did not go out into Williamsburg for the attractions, they are obviously close by, and if you want to go out to dinner one night, a quick drive offers some nice options. My only constructive comments for improvements are: the pool deck and splash pad were EXTREMELY slippery, along with the bottom of the pool. Recommend wearing shower shoes/flip-flops to improve traction, as those who did seemed to be having an easier time preventing falls! I also felt like the playground equipment was a bit lacking (swings and monkey bars). They have a great field that would be perfect space for investing in a large playground. While the bathrooms were clean (we only used the ones at the office), fixtures and countertops were in need of repair due to normal wear and tear water damage. Finally, the cash register system at the pool store (ice cream) gave the operator fits both times we went to the store. Perhaps a computer system update to a windows based program (versus DOS) could help with that? All in all, however, we had a GREAT time and a very successful first camping trip in our new trailer, and would definitely visit again! We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

D28 Colonial

We appreciate the review of our campground and your feedback about how we can improve the park. You'll be happy to know we've already upgraded the computer system at the pool store. We're very glad to hear your enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to a return visit in the future. Thank you for camping with us.
sse

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $65.00

We are very impressed with this KOA. Management is super nice. They even offered to give me a full refund for any days I didn't use. The park is beautiful, isolated with no road noise, full of trees, and somehow we still had satellite reception. It has a full array of cable channels, a large pool and a wading pool. It is certainly one of the nicest KOA's I have stayed at in my 25 years of RVing. We camped here in a 45 foot motorhome. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

E-3

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens..Virginia Beach 40 miles, Norfolk Shipyards 30 miles..to name a few.

We're grateful you took the time to review our campground and share your experience. We're happy to know you had a great time with us. We're glad you enjoyed the wooded grounds and all our amenities. Thank you for camping with us. We look forward to another visit.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $79.00

The cabin was cute, clean and comfortable; the a/c worked great, the grounds were clean and well-kept as were the bath houses. All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Cabin.

We're glad you took the time to share your experience at our campground. We're happy to know you enjoyed it. Thank you for camping with us. We look forward to another visit.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $75.00

Great rv park. Close to Busch Gardens. Friendly and helpful staff. I needed a longer water hose and they let me use one for the length of our stay free of charge. Kids loved the jumping pillow. They had an Easter egg hunt and had over 1000 eggs for the kids to find, it was great. Loved our site with the swing and paver patio, worth the extra $ since we were using this instead of a hotel to visit the area. Clean bathrooms and showers. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

e4
Gravel, Pavers

Spacious, Nearby

Great idea to get to Busch Gardens before it opens. Says opening was at 10, but they opened parking and parts of the park before 9:30

We appreciate the time you took to review us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We always have a lot of fun activities for Easter. We're happy you joined us. Thank you for camping with us. Come back to see us again soon.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $82.00

We used this as a base camp for the Williamsburg area. Most of the interior roads and sites are gravel. We were in one of the few concrete sites. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

E1

Fairly close to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. Lots of dining in nearby Williamsburg.

Thank you for camping with us. Come back to see us again.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $44.00

Very nice employees and a very nice and clean campground. The owner seemed a bit grumpy, but we didn't deal with him too much. We got a patio site, which meant it was a little larger and included a stone patio and a swing. The campground was perhaps 1/3 full, but they had plenty of activities going on in spite of that. In all, we'd absolutely go back. Our only complaint was the firewood. We paid $25 for four bundles, but none of them were cured properly. I can live with that when gathering my own, but if I'm paying for firewood it should be dry. When we started our campfire, the wood sizzled and we saw sap coming out of it, and it wouldn't stay lit even though we had a small firestarter and good kindling. We weren't the only ones having trouble, either. The only way we could keep a fire going was to go out and buy one of those fireplace logs and put it under the purchased wood. We informed the management via email and they said they would check with their supplier. No refund or credit was offered. While it's normally verboten to bring your own wood, next time we go there we'll buy a bundle or two of the kiln-dried wood in advance, and bring it with us. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E22

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $62.00

KOA Williamsburg is a very clean kid friendly park. The staff were very helpful in supporting our Freedom Hunters Annual gathering. The owners are very "hands-on" involved in the daily operation. Best part, was the reduced noise level day and night...very relaxing. Local events and activities nearby with Williamsburg across the way. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E-1

Williamsburg, VA within 10 miles of campground. York River State Park is less than five miles on the same road as KOA Williamsburg. If you need something at Walmart or Lowe's, then you are 3 miles from their door. Lots of activities for the whole family.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $62.00

This park was in a nice quiet location a couple miles from the interstate and was quiet save for weekenders with kids. Interior sites need some work such as additional gravel and leveling. All utilities were in working order. A bit pricey. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Good access to Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $62.00

Arrived late, map on door of the Office. Registered next day and awesome, attentive staff. Will be back, next year. Love this campground. A/C and cable. soft mattress and sleep came easy. Just a great campground. Staff were great. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Cabin.

Other

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

We stayed eight days on the Williamsburg, the "quiet side" during our triangle historical tour. This KOA was extremely accommodating to us and very attentive of the happenings around the park. The quiet side had a nice clean pool that we used along with a clean laundromat which included an ironing board. This park has lots of trees and birds. The interior roads are gravel as well as the camp sites. The staff was always working around the campground either mowing grass; leaf blowing sidewalks; trimming hedge; checking campsites after campers moved out; improving the showers; or cleaning out the garbage cans. The picnic tables were painted and free of rust and dirt. Both the men and women's showers were cleaned daily. The staff advised us in advance the store on the Williamsburg side would be closed for a few days during our stay; however, this did not cause any convenience since we were able to walk the trail to the store on the "Colonial" side of the KOA. On the Colonial side the activity center appeared clean; pool was clean and full of families having fun; and, store was very well stocked. While we were there, the quiet side was predominately full timers which were all extremely nice, quiet, and respectful. If camping with a family, the Colonial side would probably be the best; camping with no children the Williamsburg side is great. The road to the KOA was convenient to the interstate. Had to walk away from trees in order to have good cell service. We would stay here again without any hesitation. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $62.00

Level shaded sites, a doggie bathing spa, evening movies and other activities for kids. Very convenient to local venues. We camped at Williamsburg KOA in a Motorhome.

D64

Are you affiliated with Williamsburg KOA ?