4000 Newman Road

Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $40.00

A fabulous camp. Everything is clean and well kept even the laundry room. The clown on the weekend was great so was the cake. The pool was nice and the distance to everything was a breaze to get to everything we wanted. We loved it! We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $59.00

This park is perfect for basecamp, it's minutes from everything. There's even a Walmart Super-center two minutes away. We found the park to clean and all staff very friendly. One major problem is there reservation system doesn't match your length with there sites, we didn't have a problem but many folks coming in did, I understood that the main office staff was very accommodating in moving folks onto sites that fit there rigs. We stayed in the Colonial section which is great for kids,and has a KOA bouncing ballon, pedal karts (free) and very nice pool, both sections have pools! The Williamsburg section is more geared towards couples and quite campers, just my take. In my opinion it wouldn't take much improvement to make this campground a resort, just some fresh gravel, mulch, and good signage. We camped in the E section which I found to be a very nice sites, most sites were roomy. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $58.00

The cost of this campground is absurd. The sites are narrow very rocky and unlevel. The roads are truly not distinguishable from the terrain. The gals in the office were pleasant but knew very little about the campground. They indicated a site for us and I asked which side the hookups were on and they had no idea. No one leads you to your site and that is necessarily in this campground. I was told if I did not like the site just find another one. I had requested a site that satellite would be available on by phone when I made my reservations. To this point we have not been able to get satellite reception. I had asked to see someone who (possibly manager) and I have yet to see anyone. I am amazed that KOA would even consider approving this campground. I doubt that I would ever stay here again. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $55.00

It has close proximity to all of the local activities, a friendly staff and nicely stocked store. We arrived very late out found us to have been put into a site way too small for our rig on a holiday weekend, but they readily fixed that the next morning, so the staff gets a "thumbs up." Note that we were in the newer and larger "Colonial" section of this KAO, and even in that section many of the sites, especially the big rig sites are too narrow. A fair number of the sites were barely level and need a bulldozer run through them. Most of the roads were gravel, with a fair number of tight turns. In addition, we found that the toilet stalls were way too small. It's not a bad campground, but for $55 a night and being in a major "destination" area, they could do better. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $65.00

Most sites are wooded. Thought the rate was a little high, but a lot of amenities were offered (cookies, pet playground, jumping pillow, etc.), so we understood the rate. College kids worked the campground, but were very friendly and helpful. Hookups worked well. Wi-Fi was descent. The campground offers Cox Cable with about 70 Channels. This service was a little fuzzy, but still worked fine. Overall, this campground seems to have improved since our last stay in 2006. I would recommend this campground. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $75.00

Nice shaded campground. Very friendly staff. Kid friendly. Our only problem was with how unlevel our campsite was. They put us in a new site the next morning. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $56.00

Camped in 45 foot motor home in Site A03. Easy access from I-64 off Exit 234B approximately 1.5 miles. It is the second furthest K.O.A. from this exit. This park is very tight for 40 foot or greater rigs. Would only suggest Sites A02~A04, which can be accessed by backing into from the park's entry drive. Narrow interior roads & sites are gravel with some grass. Free WiFi worked well. Many trees will block satellite TV reception in most sites. Office staff was very helpful and informative. Park is a little over priced. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $55.00

If location is the key factor rather than amenities then this campground certainly charges for where it is rather than what it provides. The previous reviewers must have stayed in the "upper sites". We were sent to the lower sites which were very far from the showers and laundry facilities and did not have cable TV as advertised. The "roads" in the lower sites were poorly marked and the sites were sandy and not level. We watched as a number of RVers tried to park in their assigned locations and drove off or had to circle several times to find a suitable site. We were very disappointed at what we found and would not recommend this campground to others unless they were able to get reservations in the "upper" sites. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $45.00

This was a very expensive 4 nights. When we reserved this campsite on line it stated $33 per night but when we got here it was $45. There are 4 different prices per year and we got the most expensive. The office closes as 6PM so if you need anything after that you will need to go up the road to the KOA Colonial which is open much later. If you come in after 6PM you will need to deal with the other KOA: really inconvenient. The office has very limited stock. There are a lot of trees so be prepared to have your rig and tow covered with sap. The positive is that this KOA is close to many attractions ,but be prepared to spend big bucks. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

This campground was not as bad as I was expecting based on reading these reviews before I arrived. However, I did camp there off season so it wasn't too crowded. I can imagine that in the summer, the campers are pretty crammed in there. Although I got a great deal through the "hot deals" link on their website, I probably wouldn't go back here again without the $99 for 4 nights deal. I did book my reservation online (which the website says you have to do to get the deal), but when I checked in, they told me the charge would be $160, NOT $99 because I have 5 kids with me. They charge $3 per night, per child. The confirmation I printed out said the charge is $99, it also noted correctly that we were checking in with 2 adults and 5 kids. I had to speak to the 'supervisor' who said it must be a mistake that the website only charged me $99 but he would honor it. This is probably good news if you are just a couple -- it probably limits the number of FAMILIES and kids but I always thought of camping as a family activity. Why the big extra charge is a mystery to me especially since they had absolutely no activities for the kids and the kids didn't cause any extra expense for the owners. Okay, besides that I'll give the pros and cons. First the PROS: convenient location 10 minutes to Williamsburg, 3 minutes to Walmart, nicely stocked camp store, most sites are wooded, heated pool is open until Oct. 15, fairly clean baths (except for moldy showers -- a bottle of Tilex would do wonders) CONS: Most sites are quite un-level (but that's what levelers are for), lots of gravel and dusty dirt throughout, pool was warm enough but full of bugs (they don't skim it), only SIX toilets and SIX showers per gender in the entire campground (175 sites! I can imagine how crowded these get in the summer!), unreasonable extra fee for each child. The normal price here is $45 to $60 per night (for 2 adults). Next time I'll stay at the State Park in Newport News for $25/night and same distance to Williamsburg. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $38.00

This KOA was a great park for visiting Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown. We spent 4 nights there. The park was very clean and neat. It had a hiking trail. It had attentive, courteous staff who told us about package discounts for historical sites in the area. There was a nice gift store and grocery store. As in many of the KOA's we stayed in on our 2 1/2 month trip, the free on-site wi-fi worked well. KOA's are a step above other parks, although more expensive. Guess you really do get what you pay for. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $34.00

We were very pleased with this campground! We were initially given a site that was a good hike from the bath house, but the attendant was able to move us closer. We were there in connection with the "Jamboree at Jamestown" hosted by the local Girl Scout council, and the campground was full of scout families and troops. It made for longer lines in the women's bath house, but the facilities remained clean and in good working order. The heated pool was a nice amenity -- especially at this time of year. The spaces were gravel, but fairly flat and well-maintained. Most were in wooded areas and it was a very QUIET campground despite the number of kids running around. We would camp here again if we visit this area again and would recommend it to our camping friends. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

When we booked two sites, we were told that it would be no problem to have them together. I made sure of this with two phone calls prior to our check in because one RV was coming from Florida and one from Connecticut. Upon check in we were told that we were not together and it was not possible to guarantee sites. The staff attempted to accommodate us but was surly and abrupt. The roads in this campground are in need of major work to distinguish them from the campsites. We were told that we should walk the route to our campsite before driving there so we would know where we were going. Major tree removal and tree trimming needs to be done. Many of the trees are damaged due to RV's hitting them. The campsites need to be leveled and graveled. KOA's pet policy was ignored re: breeds allowed and barking dog policy. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $33.00

Tight turns on narrow roads in the back section. Fortunately, it was not too crowded when we were there. Good WiFi. Being a big park, the restrooms were well used. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

Nice park close to the highway but far enough away that you don't hear the traffic noise. Make sure to check the Hot Deals on the web site. I got a premium pull through 30/50 amp with cable TV and free WiFi for $99.00 for 4 nights. The park is a little hilly with many sites way off level but the pull-thru ones up front are level. Pool was nice and rest rooms were clean and modern. Doesn't look like much to do here for the kids but this parks main attraction is the Williamsburg and surrounding areas. I would stay here again if in this area especially if they have the Internet Hot Deals. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA ?