Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA

Friday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $56.00

Camped in 45 foot motor home in Site A03. Easy access from I-64 off Exit 234B approximately 1.5 miles. It is the second furthest K.O.A. from this exit. This park is very tight for 40 foot or greater rigs. Would only suggest Sites A02~A04, which can be accessed by backing into from the park's entry drive. Narrow interior roads & sites are gravel with some grass. Free WiFi worked well. Many trees will block satellite TV reception in most sites. Office staff was very helpful and informative. Park is a little over priced. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $55.00

If location is the key factor rather than amenities then this campground certainly charges for where it is rather than what it provides. The previous reviewers must have stayed in the "upper sites". We were sent to the lower sites which were very far from the showers and laundry facilities and did not have cable TV as advertised. The "roads" in the lower sites were poorly marked and the sites were sandy and not level. We watched as a number of RVers tried to park in their assigned locations and drove off or had to circle several times to find a suitable site. We were very disappointed at what we found and would not recommend this campground to others unless they were able to get reservations in the "upper" sites. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $45.00

This was a very expensive 4 nights. When we reserved this campsite on line it stated $33 per night but when we got here it was $45. There are 4 different prices per year and we got the most expensive. The office closes as 6PM so if you need anything after that you will need to go up the road to the KOA Colonial which is open much later. If you come in after 6PM you will need to deal with the other KOA: really inconvenient. The office has very limited stock. There are a lot of trees so be prepared to have your rig and tow covered with sap. The positive is that this KOA is close to many attractions ,but be prepared to spend big bucks. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

This campground was not as bad as I was expecting based on reading these reviews before I arrived. However, I did camp there off season so it wasn't too crowded. I can imagine that in the summer, the campers are pretty crammed in there. Although I got a great deal through the "hot deals" link on their website, I probably wouldn't go back here again without the $99 for 4 nights deal. I did book my reservation online (which the website says you have to do to get the deal), but when I checked in, they told me the charge would be $160, NOT $99 because I have 5 kids with me. They charge $3 per night, per child. The confirmation I printed out said the charge is $99, it also noted correctly that we were checking in with 2 adults and 5 kids. I had to speak to the 'supervisor' who said it must be a mistake that the website only charged me $99 but he would honor it. This is probably good news if you are just a couple -- it probably limits the number of FAMILIES and kids but I always thought of camping as a family activity. Why the big extra charge is a mystery to me especially since they had absolutely no activities for the kids and the kids didn't cause any extra expense for the owners. Okay, besides that I'll give the pros and cons. First the PROS: convenient location 10 minutes to Williamsburg, 3 minutes to Walmart, nicely stocked camp store, most sites are wooded, heated pool is open until Oct. 15, fairly clean baths (except for moldy showers -- a bottle of Tilex would do wonders) CONS: Most sites are quite un-level (but that's what levelers are for), lots of gravel and dusty dirt throughout, pool was warm enough but full of bugs (they don't skim it), only SIX toilets and SIX showers per gender in the entire campground (175 sites! I can imagine how crowded these get in the summer!), unreasonable extra fee for each child. The normal price here is $45 to $60 per night (for 2 adults). Next time I'll stay at the State Park in Newport News for $25/night and same distance to Williamsburg. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $38.00

This KOA was a great park for visiting Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown. We spent 4 nights there. The park was very clean and neat. It had a hiking trail. It had attentive, courteous staff who told us about package discounts for historical sites in the area. There was a nice gift store and grocery store. As in many of the KOA's we stayed in on our 2 1/2 month trip, the free on-site wi-fi worked well. KOA's are a step above other parks, although more expensive. Guess you really do get what you pay for. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $34.00

We were very pleased with this campground! We were initially given a site that was a good hike from the bath house, but the attendant was able to move us closer. We were there in connection with the "Jamboree at Jamestown" hosted by the local Girl Scout council, and the campground was full of scout families and troops. It made for longer lines in the women's bath house, but the facilities remained clean and in good working order. The heated pool was a nice amenity -- especially at this time of year. The spaces were gravel, but fairly flat and well-maintained. Most were in wooded areas and it was a very QUIET campground despite the number of kids running around. We would camp here again if we visit this area again and would recommend it to our camping friends. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

When we booked two sites, we were told that it would be no problem to have them together. I made sure of this with two phone calls prior to our check in because one RV was coming from Florida and one from Connecticut. Upon check in we were told that we were not together and it was not possible to guarantee sites. The staff attempted to accommodate us but was surly and abrupt. The roads in this campground are in need of major work to distinguish them from the campsites. We were told that we should walk the route to our campsite before driving there so we would know where we were going. Major tree removal and tree trimming needs to be done. Many of the trees are damaged due to RV's hitting them. The campsites need to be leveled and graveled. KOA's pet policy was ignored re: breeds allowed and barking dog policy. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $33.00

Tight turns on narrow roads in the back section. Fortunately, it was not too crowded when we were there. Good WiFi. Being a big park, the restrooms were well used. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

Nice park close to the highway but far enough away that you don't hear the traffic noise. Make sure to check the Hot Deals on the web site. I got a premium pull through 30/50 amp with cable TV and free WiFi for $99.00 for 4 nights. The park is a little hilly with many sites way off level but the pull-thru ones up front are level. Pool was nice and rest rooms were clean and modern. Doesn't look like much to do here for the kids but this parks main attraction is the Williamsburg and surrounding areas. I would stay here again if in this area especially if they have the Internet Hot Deals. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $50.00

Our site was extremely tight and almost impossible to get into. We do have a large fifth wheel, but the layout of the sites just made it very difficult to maneuver. To make it worse, once I got the trailer in, I realized the electric pedestal was at the front of our site which made no sense at all. The other sites around us had the pedestal in the back as you would expect. Our 25' power cord would not reach. I went to the management office and had someone come look at the site to see if maybe I was not using the correct pedestal. She looked all around the site and she was also was very puzzled as to why it was at the front of the site and not the back. I only had a small gauge 15 amp extension cord and it would not handle the load of the A/C and kept tripping the breaker. Since I could not plug in properly and I felt it was the campground's fault, I asked if I could borrow a 30 amp extension cord for the night. She said "no", but that I could buy one from the camp store. I declined. I was finally able to get the A/C stable by using a 15amp to 30amp adapter so I could plug into the 30 amp breaker on the pedestal. Overall, it was just a hassle camping here. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $55.00

Williamsburg KOA is conveniently located about 20-30 minutes from most area attractions. The staff was courteous and attentive. We had to call on them twice for a minor electrical problem and a problem with bees near our site. Both times they responded within 15 minutes. The pool, restroom, and shower facilities were clean; however, the restrooms/showers could definitely use some climate control to make them cooler. Children's activities were present and acceptable. We stayed in a "deluxe pull-through" site with our 33' trailer. These sites were extremely narrow and difficult to navigate, being flanked by trees on both sides. Several severe storms flooded ours and other sites with slippery mud. The sites could benefit from some tree removal and the addition of gravel. Overall, this campground was acceptable, however, we would likely try another area campground next time due to the poor condition of the sites. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $50.00

Our site was small and surrounded by trees, therefore we could not use our awning. We could barely get our slide out all the way out. The road is very narrow & we had to move our truck just about every time a camper came through. We were on a corner lot. The site seemed to be unlevel. The cable TV channels were all fuzzy. Not much to do at this campground. Most of the activities were at the Colonial KOA. We walked the trail to the Colonial KOA campground. It looked to be a little bit nicer. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $42.00

This campground was in excellent shape, and in a great location nearby all major Williamsburg attractions, including Busch Gardens and Water Country. The kids had a blast, with a number of on-site supervised activities to keep them busy. The pool was large and clean. The sites were on the smaller side, but manageable. There were no extravagant additional fees. A super Wal-Mart is a mere ten minutes away, but you would never know it. The campground store was nice and well-stocked, and the staff was friendly and helpful. This was one of two KOAs right next to each other; Colonial, I believe. We would definitely stay here again - my daughter keeps raving about it. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $50.00

Nice, clean, campground. Away from high traffic roads so is very quiet. Our site was a reasonable size. The staff were very polite and helpful. This was the nicest campground we have stayed in in Williamsburg. We will camp there again. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $54.00

Nice park and a friendly staff. They have large pull thru sites, but the access roads are very tight when trying to maneuver through the campground. We camped at Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA

Are you affiliated with Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA ?