Candy Hill Campground

• Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $57.00

This is a highway campground basically for those passing through that need a place to plug in for the night. Loud highway traffic constant and loud. Clean, nice pool, paved roads. We were put in what they call a premium pull through that was on gravel( 57 bucks for a gravel premium site) I have trouble paying this much per night but when you got to stop for the night you have to pay. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Just off busy highway, places to eat nearby, busy noisy area. close to 81

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $50.00

Nice park but lots of noise from the highway.
One thing we didn't like was they charged anyone who visited even if not using amenities. This place was on the pricey side. It was easy to get into and out off and sites were pretty level. We would stay here again but not in the sites near the highway. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

B8

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $63.00

The basics of this cg are really nice. We had an excellent, 50 amp, FHU, pull-thru site with a concrete slab. There was a large concrete patio with a grill and patio furniture. We were on the end so no neighbors on one side with a small yard. Site had some shade. There are a lot of shaded sites here - some are pull-thru and some are back-in. Check in was easy and friendly with an escort to site. We had some noise from road, but wasn't heard inside the RV. Some sites are closer to the road with louder noise. Now, the negative...We couldn't get cable at our site. There was a sign in the office that they don't guarantee cable reception at every site. When I come expecting cable as advertised, I expect cable. We were able to get some OTA channels. The WiFi is Tengointernet. The free basic says it's slower than the upgraded that you pay for, so I chose to pay $3.95 for 24 hrs as I hate slow WiFi. It was okay for the most part. When my time ran out, I tried the free basic, and it was faster and better than the "upgraded" I paid for. Go figure. We would stay here again and make sure we get a cable site. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $63.00

Friendly check-in staff and guided to site. Pretty campground and wide sites. Now the bad, overpriced and site less than 75 yards from interstate highway with all the traffic noise. Cable did not work and WiFi was very poor quality. Must pay for better quality WiFi. Stayed in their luxury site and had to move their BBQ grill to far end of site because it stunk so badly. Roads are narrow but no problem with big rig. Will not stay here again due to noise, stinky grills, cable broke, poor WiFi and overpriced. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

E-1
Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $50.00

We felt this park was very overpriced. We asked for a pull thru where we would not have to disconnect and we barely fit. The campground is directly on a very busy road and is quite noisy. There is also a cattle auction facility at the front and it is noisy and draws a lot of flies. I would not stay here again. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

Sadly this park is in a great location for overnighting but that is the only good thing I can say about it. Easy access from Hwy 37.

Check in was ok but not the best I have ever done. We were led to our tiny site that was not even long enough for our motorhome. There is a huge parking lot in front of several of the sites and the only way we could fit was to hang out off of the front of the pad. Owner did not want us to hang off of the back of the pad as the site behind us was close. Pad was concrete with our neighbors really close by.

Traffic noise noticeable but not too bothersome from the nearby busy highway.

Hookups acceptable. Interior roads paved. Pool under reconstruction. Did not check bathrooms or laundry. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Unsure
Concrete, Asphalt

Walmart close by as is downtown Winchester.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $48.00

We stayed in our FW in H row. It was very loud with road noise. We did not have a choice, and now believe we should have been offered a choice, of a lower priced site. I believe the owners are all about the $. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

H

I wanted 2 copies and they offered to copy for .25 a page! I went to the local library and had an amazing experience, personal service and email service, wonderful local library at Handley, plus, a beautiful building, handicap accessible.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $44.00

Park is located in Winchester at the north end of Shenandoah Valley. Check in was quick and easy. I was guided to the camp site. For an RV park I thought the sites were roomy and not jammed closely together as is most parks. The noise from the highway was not bothersome but could be for some of the sites that were closer.

The laundry was clean and the machines operated efficiently. Water is from a well but good taste. Pressure was low at times but we used the supply from our tank at shower time. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Travel Trailer.

6A

Rt 11, known as Valley Pike or Indian Road, is nearby. Visited Belle Grove Plantation and stopped for lunch at Nanan's Irish Pub in Middletown. Great beer and food.

Costco and two Walmarts are in Winchester.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $52.00

In 7 years of RVing I have never been talked to so rudely by a park employee. The "site guide" who turned out to be the owner. When I got out to look he would be very rude and tell me I don't need to do that. On the third time I got out to check a van parked to my blindside he told me "your little lady needs to get out and watch" well that was it. I can live with the nickel and dining me, the Gestapo gate watching and condescending roving golf cart police, but that kind disrespect to women is beyond acceptable. The "wide roads" are not, you have to run off the pavement to make the turns. The ladies in the office were super friendly, but very quiet whenever the owner was there. Whole atmosphere around that guy was bad. Needless to say we won't go back. Water pressure was o.k, power was consistent on our 50 amp site. Sewer hookup was unusable due to the landscaping blocks placed to close to opening. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

D4
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $47.00

Tight entrance road but roads improved after that, back-in site but plenty long enough to stay hooked up for just a over night stop. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

F-9

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $42.00

We stayed here twice. We came back when we were nearby and wanted a reliably good campground. Staff was very helpful. They were building a new swimming pool. Nice store. Showers and laundry good. Lot spacing was nearby with some shade. Site surface was gravel. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A2

WalMart nearby

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $43.00

Easy place to get to. I have a 39 ft 5th wheel and the entrance and exit seem pretty narrow, but really aren't. Inside roads are fine. Level site, and big enough for my truck to remain hooked up. Office staff helped me get in touch with a mobile RV repairman. Would stay again. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $35.00

Overnight park next to very loud, busy highway. Noise all night from trucks. Nice big dog park. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Bring ear plugs.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $58.00

Well, what to say about this campground. It is really the only game in town and that means bad news for campers. They are some of the most unfriendly people I have ever met running the place. I will say they know how to park you but they do not have much in the way of people skills. If you come in to the park they chase you down to make sure you have your pass. It is silly but it is all about the money. It is 4 dollars a person and if you leave in an hour they will refund 3 of them to you. That is ok but still it is a pain to just drive in and pick up a friend for dinner. We were holding a rally there and it was raining and they would not open the door to the room even a min early. They said if we stay five mins of they will charge us 50 dollars. It is not a friendly place and I would recommend that you drive a bit further down I 81 and stop there. They have cable that works and they have internet but it is Tengointernet so it means you're always signing in and it is slow. They have well water too so the water pressure is just barely enough. They have lots of 30 amp sites that share a pole too so the hookups are on the wrong side of the unit. Thankfully they have the sewer on the proper side. The noise from 37 is as loud as staying in a rest area overnight. The sites are very tight and you have a few feet between sites. I think I have about 5 feet from my slide to my neighbors coach. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Lots of things to do in Winchester. You can take a trolly tour of the town to hear about some of the sights and information to start. Patsy Clines home is in Winchester as is George Washington's Headquarters from when he was surveying. There are many great places to eat in downtown winchester too.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $52.00

We stayed at Candy Hill for a rally. Hurricane Joaquin weekend - it was wet! Not a single employee waved at us as they golf-carted by, as we waited for events, etc. We had a room reserved for meals. Cold wet older folks waited outside the door - the employee walked by us many times, avoided our eyes, had been asked to let us in, and didn't open the door one minute early. 30 amp sites were all we were offered, but we saw empty 50 amp sites. Wifi very in-and-out and slowed to a standstill if you used too much. $4 charge for anyone to stop by and visit. Everything has a fee attached. We had a concrete site only partially grassed and completely muddy. Trash dumpster a distance away. The road noise was very loud. The picnic table was old and I wouldn't sit on it, and it was situated behind a raw dirt area. Site not large enough to easily park our car on the site.

It would have taken very little for the staff to have made us feel welcome. They made money from our rally. Would a few minutes in an empty meeting room, in from the rain, have hurt them? We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

We ate at The Piccadilly and it was perfect - service and food.

Are you affiliated with Candy Hill Campground?