Candy Hill Campground

Winchester, Virginia

165 Ward Ave
Winchester, Virginia 22602

Longitude: -78.20377

Ask fellow campers about "Candy Hill Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Did not use facilities...Campground was very neat and manicured. We had a pull through on lot H-1. Just traveling through so only stayed one night..would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

H-1

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

This is our second visit to the campground, last visit was two years ago. Check in was very business like, no friendly greeting. We were led to our campsite but the guide was rather short, he even scolded my wife for talking to me on the radio. I should have cancelled his help and done it ourselves as we usually do. Campground is quite beautiful, the highway is close by but our site was quiet. Some sites are closer to the highway and can be noisy. Cell service is good, satellite reception is good. Our site has some tree shade. The pool is good. The laundry room was filthy, had not been cleaned. Machines were dirty and the floor was a mess. The campground has a compressor for tire inflation but charged for the air. Thought it would have been a good gesture to provide free air as an extra service. Overall I was not as pleased with my second visit. We stayed for 11 days. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

F4

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $49.00

Lady at the front desk was very nice she helped us find a good place to eat. They have an awesome store very well stocked, if you need something for your RV they probably have it. Cable TV was horrible, they did come out to test it said it was our coach but everyone we spoke to said it was bad. The campground itself was clean and the road noise from 95 was not noticeable. Not a bad place but not something we would do long term. We stayed 3 nights. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

The 50/50 Tap house in down town Winchester was awesome. 50 burgers 50 beers how can you go wrong?

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $63.00

Nice park, convenient to interstate. A little pricey, but we had to get a premium site because everything else was taken. Nice site, no problem getting into it. I will say the road into the campground is really tight and windy, but other than that the place is clean, staff are friendly, they lead you to your site. Nice little store with some food essentials, lots of rv parts and lots of souvenir stuff. As for the noise we had the AC on the whole time, so can't hear a thing! We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

E2
Concrete, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Candy Hill Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $49.00

The staff at check-in was helpful and courteous even though we disagreed on the type of site I had reserved (I later discovered they were correct). The site layout was interesting in that each site alternated in which direction it faced. There is a large area devoted to RV storage and there is some road noise. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

D22

Be sure to visit Historic Winchester. Also, on the way to or from downtown stop by the Amherst Dinner for a good home cooked meal.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $63.00

We have stayed here several times. Overnights only. Only real complaint is cable NEVER clear or works. They "tested" and said it was our coach not their cable. Cable worked that morning elsewhere. Others have reported same problem. Could be a deal changer. We paid for deluxe site. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

E3

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

We have stayed at Candy Hill many times but this may be the last. Every time we stay here the park is a bit shabbier and the road a bit noisier. Candy Hill is very convenient from I-81 which must partly account for the fact that there are always lots of RVs here. (Short-term, long-term, and storage which really looks terrible.) The people who check you in are rude although the maintenance guys are nice. They charge an extra $10 if you want a premium site which has a grill and some cheap patio furniture. The large grassy areas which used to be immaculate are now ragged and weedy. The hook-ups work fine but the wi-fi is poor and the cable tv is terrible (it works but has few channels and the picture quality is poor). Really what used to be a pretty good rv campground is now a mediocre rv cg and they overcharge, IMHO. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $68.00

Easy access. Nice big clean level site with concrete pad. Price was satisfactory for time and location. Receptionist worked hard accommodating our needs. Unfortunately, being near a busy highway, road noise is extreme. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

E3
Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

We stayed here to be near our daughter in DC for a week. The person in the office looked up as I entered but did not greet me and looked back down. I cheerfully said hello and got a snort. We arrived on a rainy day so we would expect a little mud. However, they directed us to a site that we had to back over "grass/mud" for well over 80 feet, and up a slight incline, onto the cement pad. Even with our brand new Ford 350, we struggled to do this. Our rig is very heavy at over 16,000 pounds. The tires spun and dug huge tracks in the mud. The guy directing us did not seem to care that we were tearing up their grass. In 4-wheel drive we made it but what a mess! Our truck and 5th wheel were muddy. Why isn't there gravel? Why not direct us to an open site that was paved (there were plenty)? So, we spent a week walking carefully around mud. Yuck. It was not a pleasant stay. We did laundry but found an odor in the laundry area... musty moldy smell? The machines were clean. We were in an area where the sites are very close together. The picnic table was exceptionally small... maybe only 45 inches long. The bright spot was that they did have an old refurbished trolley that we took into town for the Apple Blossom Festival. The guy driving was fun and we really had a great day. However, we won't return. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $35.00

Stopped here twice on the way to and from Florida and Vermont. Convenient location, called same day. Nice dog park. Friendly folks. Got a back-in site for our Class B. Will stay again. Shower was NOT clean...nor was sink area. Other than that, great spot and we'll stay here again! We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here for the first time on our way southbound on I-81, just for the night. We had a nice level pull-through site on an concrete pad. Some other reviewers complained about highway noise from Route 37. Maybe in spring, early summer with windows open, but if you are running AC or furnace, I don't think it's an issue. We had on the TV and furnace and didn't hear a thing. Even with TV off, slept the night just fine. Loved that after hours on the road, we could order food from local Pizza/Italian restaurant and they delivered right to our camper!

We had reservations, but the night we arrived they were closing early, so we kept them updated on our progress. Got in just under the wire and they were waiting for us. Check-in was easy. Definitely will stay here again when heading up or down I-81. Nice campground store as well. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Site E

Good pizza from local restaurant. Campground gave us menu with coupons to use.

p2w

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $47.00

Called an hour away to see if a site was available. Received good directions. Tho it is 3 miles off I-81, rt.37 circles back to 81 so no need to backtrack when leaving. Great, friendly customer service, and we were led to our site which is much appreciated. We are just passing thru, and serves our needs completely. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

H2

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $50.00

This cg is right off a main artery (522, I think) and can be quite noisy. But it is convenient to I-80. Firewood can be purchased by the small bundle or wagon load. We bought the wagon load. What was delivered was not anywhere near the quality of the display load but it burned okay and we had fun. Our site was far from the main road and very nice. Office people are hit and miss for friendliness and helpfulness. Yard workers all seemed to like their jobs. Easy in and out and the cg roads are easy to navigate. Will stay again. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

C-10

Visit the Winchester Promenade. Fun shopping and good restaurants.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $65.00

Park was small compared to some of the "resort" type parks, which is one of the reasons we tried it. We prefer smaller parks were you don't have to be worried about being run over by golf carts as you take a walk. CG property was very clean, all the employees we dealt with were very pleasant. The camp store is one of the best stocked that I've run across, especially for the size of the park. We stayed on one of the Luxury sites that included a long pull through site that feature a concrete pad, concrete patio, full hookups, 50 amp service, a custom built fire ring, patio furniture and a gas grill. The site itself was great, the only issue was these sites were the closest sites to Hwy 37, so there was some traffic noise while outside. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will return. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

E03

Visited Marker-Miller Orchards Farm Market, loved it. Went to Old Town Winchester, great walking town with plenty of restaurants and shops. Visited the Patsy Cline house, very interesting, not sure it was worth the $8 per person fee for the tour, but we did enjoy it.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

We were coming home from a vacation and needed an overnight camping spot. I had decided on a campground, but when we arrived to a rather dirty, and to us, unsafe, spot, we decided to leave and hope for a better campground. I called Candy Hill, and the gentleman I spoke to said he would save us a site. We arrived and were thrilled at what we saw. A polite, helpful front desk and a clean campsite. We had a picnic table, and I requested a fire ring, which was delivered within five minutes. We didn't use the showers, so I can't address that concern that some reviewers had, but I did not think that the highway noise was an issue. Wifi was fine. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Not sure

Featured Campgrounds Near Candy Hill Campground

Are you affiliated with Candy Hill Campground ?