Wytheville KOA

Wytheville, Virginia

231 Koa Rd
Wytheville, Virginia 24382

Ask fellow campers about "Wytheville KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $37.00

First, the positives. Staff was very friendly and the park is well maintained. For smaller campers, this is a good place to stay. Now, the negatives. I understand why when I made reservations online I was required to pay for full stay, rather than the normal deposit. They know that if you have a larger camper, you would most likely look elsewhere. I would have left the first day if not for losing my money. I was first put in spot 18. There is no way you can get level on the site. They were nice about moving me (when finally someone showed up). Now if you like to be close to your neighbors, this is the place. You can reach out the windows and knock on your neighbors windows. In all seriousness, there could not have been been more than 2 or 3 feet between campers. On top of that, there is little room to park. I don't know the times I had to move my truck so someone could get in. For larger campers (50 amps) I have never been in a place so tight and close. We would only use this park as a last resort. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $27.00

We stayed here for an over night off I-77. Arrived after hours; easy check in, though. The first site we picked was too narrow for my rig and was right on top of the one next to it. There were a number of pull throughs that are very narrow. Just pick the right one for you. Big rig friendly? Only if you get the right site. The bathroom & shower was very clean. Good water pressure. Our site wasn't real level, but I saw a number of them the next morning that weren't as bad. Pretty park, lots to do for the kids. Very little road noise; couldn't hear any inside. Employees were friendly. This is a great over night stop. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $32.00

This campground was clean and well maintained. Staff were very friendly and helpful with suggestions for making our stay pleasurable. This would be a nice campground for families with children. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $45.00

Extremely tight sites, you can touch your slide and the neighbor's simultaneously. Overflowing sewage system, on two visits. Snotty staff. Drive a little farther. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wytheville KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $33.00

Employees were nice but disorganized. First site assigned to us was already occupied. Pull-through campsite was not big rig friendly. Very small sites with little privacy. Cable TV was barely viewable. Had trouble with low voltage. On 30 amp system the voltage dropped to 107 volts when AC was running. Pool area seemed to be nice and I guess it was kid friendly, but we were just looking for an overnight stay. Will look for another place if we pass through Wytheville again. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $33.00

Stayed overnight only. Friendly staff, clean bathrooms/showers, and was quiet. Large wooded campground, roads gravel, sites generally level, some with concrete pads. Nearby truck stop had lowest gas prices we encountered on our trip. We would not hesitate to stay here again. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $50.00

Easy on and off I-81/77. Check in was quick and easy, we had a nice back in site next to the pool, not much work to level up. We stayed overnight on our way to GSMNP. We would use this CG again. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $36.00

I would not recommend this KOA to anyone. We asked for a full hookup with a pull through. We checked in and receptionist said site was level and had enough room for 3 slide outs. None of that was true. It was very very close to the adjacent site. In fact the adjacent site the table outside was positioned over the sewer inlet. We went back and complained. The receptionist said her management told her to tell the guests that the site would be level. We definitely do not agree with KOA giving this location the 2009 President Award. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $39.00

Nice little KOA perfect for an overnight stay or two en route to/from Myrtle Beach or whatever, in a gorgeous setting. Nice wide/paved entry area, gravel campground driveways and sites. Well-kept store, clean restrooms, nice pool with a slide, so it's frequented by kids - I wouldn't be sitting over there with a drink, but hey, it gives the kids a good/safe time and tires them out! It appears that the sites aren't real level, but not a huge problem. This campground is 2 minutes off the highway, but we (in a hybrid) could not hear the highway. When I called 2-months in advance for reservations, a friendly "older" gentlemen took my reservation for two pull-through sites, took my name, and that was it - didn't get my phone number, deposit, etc. Well, we showed up and...no reservations. Luckily, they had two sites for us, even though they ended up fairly full that night. (Call back later and confirm your reservations!). One unusual thing that I've never seen - (some of?) the sites are arranged as "buddy sites" so that two curb-sides of campers face each other. That worked out perfectly for us, but I don't think I'd like sitting under my awning looking at strangers 30 feet away. Cable and FREE (thank you) Wi-Fi worked fine -- Wi-Fi was nice and fast. Hookups are modern, in good repair. Staff is friendly, polite, and helpful. On-site cafe will deliver burgers, etc., but not on Sundays. Papa John's, delivering right to the site, saved the (Sun)day! We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $39.00

Located with easy access to I-77 and I-81. It is very nice for kids with a nice pool, recreation barn including a small snack bar. Cable TV was fuzzy and the power dropped to only 105 volts. Pull-Through sites are very close and would be difficult for a longer stay. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $39.00

Not too many good points about this campground. The area with full hookups is cramped into two rows. It is very hard to navigate into the spots. The campers are parked every other way so your neighbor was facing you. There was barely enough room to open both awnings. The two spots side by side should actually be one spot. The sites were not very level. No room for a fire. This campground was a revolving door, seemed like it was more of an overnight stop through. The pool was open to locals so it was always full. The good points, the staff was extremely nice and there was a very large family fun center with indoor mini golf, arcade games, and a small cafe. We would not stay here again. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $40.00

The road to the park was small and went through a quaint housing addition. There were low hanging wires but they weren't a problem. The park roads were tight for big rigs and they should really trim up the trees. Shady sites were on a hill but we were ok in our 38ft 5th wheel with 4 slides. It rained hard during our stay but we were ok on the hill. If in the area, we'd stay here again. The Staff was nice. There is a small pool with a slide was nice for the kids. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $44.00

Restrooms and showers are clean but in need of updating. Good for an overnight stay, only. The RV emergency repair person recommended by the park could not re-wire a 7/4 wire electrical connection with tow car; even though certified. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $39.00

This KOA campground beats all I have visited. It is in a huge farmlike setting, with a recreation hall with a snack bar, skeeball and video games, mini golf, and karaoke Saturday nights. There is also a fishing pond, basketball, shuffleboard courts, and a popular swimming pool. My favorite area was the fenced area for off-leash dog play. There are actually two areas: one for big dogs and one for small dogs. The restrooms and showers are clean; staff is friendly and helpful. RV supplies at the store are extensive; groceries are more scanty. My campsite was #48; though all of the campsites have shade, I thought my small row was the best. The big rigs were crowded into two rows that looked cramped. One complaint: for some reason, the sewer dump pipe in my campsite was uphill from my trailer, so draining my tanks was tedious. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $25.00

Stayed here twice in April/May 2010. Very nice people and a nice, clean park that's very convenient to 77 and 81. Travel on the local roads to reach the campground are clearly marked: however, tight for a larger rig. We camped in a 42 footer with a tow and found the 50 amp sites to be very tight. Close together and difficult to get in and out of if the park is crowded. We stayed in a 30 amp site on the second stay and found the sites to be larger and more rustic; however, the slope was almost too much to level the coach. Would recommend and would stay here again but will carry some 2 inch boards to help with leveling. We camped at Wytheville KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wytheville KOA

Are you affiliated with Wytheville KOA ?