Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park

Anacortes, Washington

Longitude: -122.518222332001

78WidgeT

Nice park with many improvements underway. Very good Two-Salmon Restaurant in hotel. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Bill Wright

Swinomish Hotel/Casino/RV Park Review 12885 Casino Drive Anacortes WA 98221, 360-293-2691 www.swinomishcasino.com The Hotel requires that RV’s pay a RV parking Fee to stay in the parking lot. $10 to $30 plus tax according to Security. They do not charge cars to stay in the parking lot! I find this ridiculous that RV must pay to be able to go to the Casino play Slots/Bingo and eat food at the Casino. RVs are parked in a little used vacant part of the parking lot and no services are used except in my case one car parking spot. They do have a substandard RV Park that has very limited services and very low power (about 90 volts or less), which can damage your electrical and electronic equipment. Which it has done to me! My power supply and my fridge were damaged and I had to replace them at my cost, as the manufacture would not honor the warranty. Camping World in Burlington had my RV for about eight months trying to get the manufacture to pay. I agree with many of the reviews posted on line, many which are as follows. In the fifteen or so years we have visited Northern Lights/ Swinomish Casino/RV Park there has been no real improvements and little maintenance to the RV Park, lights, damage plugs and pipes are repaired when someone complaints about them in writing. No facilities for the RV campers, no washrooms, no showers, no laundry, and sewer connector located between RV where the picnic tables are located, not pleasant to eat or sit at. Train runs right beside the camp ground at all times of the day and night, sounds its air horn three times before crossing the rail bridge, wakes everyone up at around 4AM in the Hotel and RV Park. Hotel has taken over reservations from the casino and wants everything charged to your credit card, they have to call a supervisor if you want to pay in cash and they still may charge your credit card which will take months to get a refund. Hotel does not take reservations but assigns campsites regardless of the size and type of RV. They have been very unorganized and it can take some time to check in. Power is low, (about 90- Volts) you must have a cable box to get cable and channels are very iffy, possible due to the low power. Water pressure is very high so be sure to use a pressure regulator. A large air conditioner (about the size of a city bus) is located behind the hotel closet to the RV Park that can be quite noisy, Ducts can pulsate and some times has a high frequency noise that only some people can hear, I am one that can hear it and have to use ear plugs to sleep and not get a head ache. Finding your way into the RV Park is difficult and at night as it is very poorly lighted. Wifi is intermittent; you can connect to the router but not the Internet. Site numbers are difficult to see they are now painted on road where road dirt will obscure them, before they were on posts. They water the grass at inappropriate times, it can be a real challenge to get between the RV park and hotel especially at night as you can hear the sprinklers but can not see them. Granted the Casino is open 24/7 so no mater what time they turn on the sprinklers someone will get wet, but they could have them on between 1 and 4AM instead of the busy times of the day, timers are set by the lawn maintain people who, I do not think have considered that people need to get back and forth between the hotel and RV park. There is not much of a variety of food offered at Swinomish just about all of it is very spicy and is more for the Spanish palate, which maybe is their customer base. They went high class and fancy after the Hotel was built. As no washrooms for the RV Park I have witnessed some disgusting acts. When camping in site 11 I had to take my dog for a walk at 4AM and saw someone squatting at the rear of their RV in site 8. Later after they left I realized he had taken a dump behind the RV. I called the Casino and they sent someone out with a dustpan and broom to clean it up. While staying in site 32, I saw two people in site 33 who had a van, not an RV, use a bucket to go to the bathroom, later when it got dark they dumped the bucket in the long grass. I have also seen the same thing happen at the Silver Reef Casino. Another time we stayed in site 20, at least 10 people with five cars stayed in site 21 in a large popup camper. In the morning I witnessed both men and women taking a pee behind their RV and two males took a pee in the area behind my slide out where my power cord, water hose and cable cord is. I expect this also happened during the night, which I did not see. After they left I got my hose and washed the area. When you see something on the ground don’t assume someone did not clean up after their dog! I realize that the Hotel cannot control the discussing actions of some of the campers but providing services such as washrooms would greatly reduce this activity. Or only lettings RV that are self-contained use the RV Park. Some campers have nothing more than a Van or pickup with a canopy; they must think they are staying in a full service RV park and do not want to walk to the Hotel to go to the bathroom or get wet from the sprinklers. They give themselves a high positive rating I suspect the positive rating are by employees. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Idletime

This is a convenient park for gamblers at the casino. It is also convenient for shopping in the Burlington and Mount Vernon area. However, there are no facilities for the RV campers. The train runs right beside the campground and does run at all hours of the night. This is very disturbing for sleep. We found the rate to be very high for a casino park. The rate has increased substantially since the hotel took over running of the RV park from the casino. We will stay at another park that is close by. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Roger H.

This park serves its intended purpose: provide a place to park for gamblers or overnight travelers. No amenities like rest rooms, showers, laundry, pool. You do get full hook ups, a level pad, a picnic table, and some grass. Water pressure is very high: 90 psi. Management deals with this by advising campers to turn off the water spigot when not in your camp site. That advice won't protect your plumbing from damage - only a water pressure regulator will do that. Friendly gal at the check in desk. Excellent food at 13 Moons - a restaurant in the casino. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

bdane

What used to be a pretty nice RV park is not any more. In order to get into the park you need to take a dusty road behind the casino. Then go into the hotel lobby to register. I had reserved a pull through but was assigned a back in. The problem is that the back ins only have 30 amp service. After some arm twisting I was given a pull through. You no longer pay up front for the space but have to check-out upon leaving. They don't have a clue as to how to assign spaces. There were camper shells occupying the pull throughs and big rigs in the back ins. If only they knew how to manage an RV Park. And at $38 it is hardly worth it. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Linda E

We have stayed at this park for 9 years & like it here until this past stay. The park is now managed by Swinomish Lodge. In the past the casino is where we checked in & staff was friendly. The staff at Lodge check in treated us like we were less than stellar people, we were not informed in order to have cable TV we had to order a box from check in, in the past we simply plugged in once we were hooked up at the sight. We were also informed we can no longer reserve a specific site, they told us they are managing RV park like a hotel & that specific sites are no longer an option, plus they have raised their rates $10.00 a night, also unless you have thousands of points on players card you can no longer use players card to pay for RV site. We are very disappointed in how this park is now being managed. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

harleysmom

We arrived here in the evening and found it difficult to find the road to the park - it winds around the back of the casino. The actual site was difficult to find as the lighting was very poor and the numbers are printed on the road. Take a flashlight! Some highway noise and two trains came through in the night. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Idletime

The other comments apply. We did get awakened late at night (4am) by the train going by and blowing its horn. This may be unusual but it happened twice during our stay. For the price its a reasonably good deal. The hotel is now occupied so the great deal on breakfast is no longer available. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

Procarver

CAUTION, use your water pressure regulator. I didn't at first and gave my pant leg a bath when I flushed the toilet. Back in 30 amp sites only $22, 50 amp and pull through $25. Great value for level gravel sites with grass between and a table with water, power, sewer, cable and Wi-Fi. Construction is complete so park is very quiet. Add in the casino with good eats and you have a winner. Don't forget to get a players card, even if as is our case we don't gamble because this gets you discounts in the eateries. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

monaco cruiser

Construction is done and campground is quiet. For a Casino Campground the price is about right. You have cable, free internet, 50 amp and pull throughs. While i have stayed at casinos either boon docking or in there campground from west coast to east coast this probably is one of the best. The campground has good and bad points but overall i give it a eight. The food and service at the Casino restaurant was very good and you have to check in at the Players Club counter, very friendly. My only complaint is if you stay for a week you could have to move a couple of times due to the fact people reserve spots by number for instance if we wanted to stay another day we would have to move because someone reserved our spot even though the campground is only half full but we would stay here again. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

MaverickBBD

We stayed here over a Sunday so the construction noise they warned us about on check in was non-existent. We had a lovely water view site. There are tons of activities besides the casino. A good base for exploring the San Juan Islands. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

travlcub

BEWARE they are building a hotel to the casino and they start working at 630AM, and 7AM on Sundays. The front desk has little sympathy for any comments about the noise. I will not be back until completed next year some time. No showers and was rooms are located in the casino. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

rolling homeless

When I made the reservations they told me they were building a hotel and there was construction noise. What they didn't say is that it started at 6:00 A.M. and ends about 7:00 P.M. They also did not warn me about how to get to the park. I noticed that after we had come in they had someone out directing people on where to park to register. Because of the early morning noise and lack of signage I have given them a 3. When the construction is done this score will improve. Didn't tell us that the fireworks stands were open and the operators light on banging ones during the day and at dusk some of the pretty ones. We will stay here again after the construction is completed. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Idletime

The previous 3 reviews are accurate. However the sites are not all that level. Now for the problems, Wi-Fi was out of service the whole time and worst of all there is MAJOR construction going on -- building a hotel adjacent to the RV park. Entrance is changed and no mention of this by the somewhat surly check in staff -- had to go around the building through the construction area to get to the campground. The construction noise started very early and went till after 5pm at night. There is also talk of moving the campground somewhat. So, be aware if you are planning on staying here during the next year (?) or so. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

travlcub

I've been here many times, quick check in and friendly staff. My biggest complaint is the sites are gravel and when it rains you get puddles and very muddy. Sites are level, the black connection is a few feet from other connections which can be problematic. All in all good, just wish they'd pave the sites. Very clean park and quiet. Can get windy so make sure your awning wind guard works! No showers or wash rooms in the casino. We camped at Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park in a Motorhome.

WillowWind RV Park

Hurricane, Utah

Quail Creek State Park

St George, Utah

Staysail RV Park

Oak Harbor, Washington

Countryside RV Park

Falfurrias, Texas

Are you affiliated with Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park?