Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA

Castle Rock, Washington

Recent Rate: $35 7/2014

dale ellen

This park is convenient to Mount St. Helens. It is the only reason we stayed here. When I called to make a reservation, I asked the dimensions of the site because I wanted to make sure my motorhome and Jeep would fit on the site. I was told the site was 40' long and I wanted to know if it was wide enough for the Jeep to fit next to the motorhome. The owner didn't give me a straight answer -- said maybe I should call another park! I told her I'd take the site if other motorhomes and tow vehicles had fit. The length was not a problem because the back of the motorhome could hang over the hillside, leaving plenty of room to park the Jeep up front. The problem was the width. We had to maneuver in and out about 4 times to get to where all the slides could open. As it was, the bedroom slide pushed up against a small tree limb. The awning could only be extended 3'. Our second problem was using our $10 reward from KOA. When I made the reservation, I was told I had to go on the KOA website and print the certificate. This was not possible. I called the KOA Home Office and was told that they took the ability to print certificates away from the campers and placed the responsibility on the campgrounds. When I explained that I had to have it, he emailed me a screen print of it to present to the campground. When I checked in, they were not able to do whatever they had to do on the computer to give me the discount. After about 10 minutes she gave me the discount even though she couldn't get the computer to work. When we were leaving, several tree limbs that hung over the road hit the air conditioners on top of our motorhome. They need to do a better job of tree trimming. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

Maltaman

WiFi is great. Location is perfect. Nice easy drive to Johnston Observatory and Mt St Helen's monument. No cable at our site, which was fine. Beautiful valley view from the terraced hill. Friendly staff at the office. Convenient dump station. Although spaces are tight, its not crowded and there are some trees between sites. Great for an overnight stop, not a destination though. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

thehopkins73

A very clean park. New owners are doing their best to make this a wonderful park. They helped us with all the tourist items and gave great directions and ideas for visiting and eating. Wi-Fi is good. I did not get cable, and the antenna TV got 3 channels. My wife and I actually talked to each other!! Very nice social room with extra oven/stove, micro, etc. The shower bathroom area was small but very clean. Nice hot water! Nice grass and trees all around the park. The long term campers keep their areas cleaned up and unimposing. The view is amazing from my chair in front of my camper. I gave it a 9 only because the slots are very skinny, especially if you have slide-outs. Would love to come back!! We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Judy Birchland

Midrange quality KOA. Pluses are exceptionally well groomed and lots of mature trees. Downsides are it is set on a hillside so the turns are somewhat tighter and the roadways somewhat more narrow than I am used to seeing in a KOA. The sites have a fabulous view but are kind of narrow and the roadway is also narrow with a steep hill on one side, enough that I had a bit of trouble backing in. Excellent internet, but only a minimal 11 channels of cable TV. Their big attraction is Mount St Helen's and they know it. Wonderfully helpful friendly staff give you lots of tips with a map on the best possible experience and do regular road conditions checks and they even advised us where the cheapest gas was. We spent two nights here and left our rig in the campground and spent one full day driving up to see the volcano, stopping to view sites along the way. The road to Mt St Helens is long winding and in parts steep and would have not been fun if we had our travel trailer behind us. The drive to the top is about 1 and half hours but there are lots of things to see on the way up and most are kid friendly but not rig or pet friendly. The location of this KOA is therefore ideal, quick and easy off and on the interstate and the perfect spot to safely park your rig and go see the mountain. There were a lot of young (5-) kids here, even for a KOA. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

Snoet

Another great place to stay. Wonderful views from the park and very friendly staff. There is an enclosed and fenced pet area with scooper and rake, but our dog just wanted to smell every square inch. There is also a very poorly maintained trail behind the office. To walk our dog we went to Castle Rock and took the river walks. Wi-Fi and cable worked very well, but there is not a TV listing channel, and the online listings did not match up. We were also able to get six HD TV channels on the roof antenna. Showers are extremely tiny. We would and will stay here again. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Tent Trailer.

farquar

Small park, very convenient to Mt. St. Helen's. Sites were very pitched, hard to get level. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Joe Robel

Very nice park. Very clean and well maintained. The staff was GREAT. We were here with a group, so used the clubhouse which was great. We have stayed in many KOAs over the last few years and this one is one of the best. We had discounts, so price listed is not what we paid. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

sbrown

My site was a back in end site on the top level. The park is on a hillside so rows are terraced. The park was clean, the staff helpful and friendly and the drive to Mt St Helens visitor center was about 30 minutes. There is a fuel station about 100 yards from the park. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

balfre1946

New management has taken over this park and it is showing. Very clean, groomed park with easy back-in sites, very friendly staff, easy on and off from I-5 and an hour to Mt. St. Helen's. Great WiFi, clear overhead for satellite TV, nothing fancy but certainly perfect en route overnight or touring. They are planning pull-through sites and other improvements. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

ustractorsales

Great RV Park. One of the friendliest and most helpful owners we have met in a long time. Great rate. Park was very clean. New enclosed dog area. Free cable and internet (fast too). Super clean showers and restroom. Kids play area. Great layout allowing all spaces to be easy to back into. Nice views also. Will return. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

lb0456

I rounded up the price which was $39.72. Too high considering there is no big rig access, no pull through spaces, and no 50 amp service. But the park is really pretty. It is now a KOA. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Snooker2

Well it is an odd park in that the sites are in tiers. I found it a little nerve wracking to park on one tier and it feels like you are on the edge. Definitely need to chock the wheels. Nice and clean. Showers were 25 cents. Cable TV and Wi-Fi work great. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

palamine

This is a beautiful clean park on a hillside. Great views of the surrounding area. There was no one in the office when we arrived but there were specific instructions on the office window. We found a very level site. Cablevision was excellent as was the Wi-Fi. The sites are a bit tight but we will definitely return. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

John316

We camped here in a 45' motorhome. We will NOT be coming back here. The sites were extremely tight. We were in the only slot that could handle our rig. Even then it was tough getting into it. We would have left if there would have been anybody next to us (other then our friends). Our friends stayed in the space below us. They had a 32' travel trailer. The trailer bottomed out backing into the slot. They almost had to use four wheel drive to pull out. If it would have been at all damp, they would have had to. The camp was fairly clean, which was a plus. For what little this CG had, it wasn't worth the money. Next time we will be staying a little farther up the road. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Motorhome.

Philodom

Park was decent. Set up on the side of a hill. Sites or at least ours was a bit short but you can detach and park sideways. Verizon service was almost zero and WiFi only worked part time. "TengoNet" should be called "terrible net." Staff was friendly and helpful, laundry was reasonable and had lots of washers and dryers. Good place to visit Mt. St. Helens. We camped at Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Mounthaven Resort

Ashford, Washington

Midway RV Park

Centralia, Washington

Brookhollow RV Park

Kelso, Washington

Camp Kalama

Kalama, Washington

Are you affiliated with Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA?