7 Good

Castle Rock, Washington

167 Schaffran Rd
Castle Rock, Washington 98611

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $63.00

The spaces are quite variable in size. Most are very closely spaced together. We stayed at the upper terrace in row "A" and had a bit more space than most sites do. Many of the smaller sites require parking a tow vehicle across the front of the trailer, or in the overflow parking area. The layout on a hill offers nice views of the forested valley below over the roofs of the other RVs in the park. The restrooms were very clean and they do a lot of mowing and maintenance work, so it's a well kept facility. We could hear some distant road noise but it didn't really bother us. The wifi performance was really quite impressive, though it slowed some when the place filled for the weekend. Overall, we liked the place well enough to consider staying here again. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A

We liked the Cascade Select Market grocery store 3.0 miles down the hill in Castle Rock. The town is rather charming and has a little 1.6 mile bike trail along the river which was enjoyable too.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

This is the 1st TOTALLY NEGATIVE review I've done for a KOA and it is because of the owner. I was assigned site F4 just across and up the road from the "playground". The playground included a portable basketball hoop. Several older kids began to play ball and wild throws hit my motorhome 3 times and hit the motorhome on site H4 four times. I complained to the office as did site H4. After an hour the office staff had the kids go to another location to play ball. She said the hoop shouldn't have been there. The KOA owner then arrived and had the hoop relocated DIRECTLY IN FRONT of my motorhome and had the kids play basket ball there again. I complained to him personally and he threatened to escort me from the campground if I continued to make an issue of it. My motorhome was hit again with the basketball. I am incredulous at this owner's HOSTILITY and total DISREGARD for the KOA members, guests and their property at his park. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

F4

The Mount St. Helens Visitor Center at Silver Lake as well as Mount St. Helens itself are frequent destination from this park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Friendly staff. Our site was not level and we had to use several blocks under the rear jacks. Had to park the toad in a seperate area. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Very friendly people at registration and within the park, which is good because most of the folks here are long term. The sites are fairly level but too close together, especially since many are long term. The park is well kept and tidy, pretty easy to manuever around although most sites are back in so if you are looking for a pull through they are very limited. The price we felt was about $10 too high for what this park offered. We were surprized by the amount of traffic noise that you could hear, both from hwy5, the road to St Helens and Powers Rd. Would only stay here again as a last option. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

Loop D

Featured Campgrounds Near Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $43.00

This KOA is the closest campground on the road to Mt. St. Helens. It is beautiful, terraced levels for sites, lots of room for rigs, well maintained and super friendly, helpful staff. Access is good, wifi is fine, view is nice. I highly recommend this stop if you are taking a day trip to the volcano. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $53.00

At $53 the most expensive park I've camped in. Never saw the hosts, everything was closed when we got there and when we left. The park was very clean and well maintained. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $31.00

We liked the park. The owner and staff were kind, and the staff did a great job of keeping everything clean and tidy. On Sunday they even had free donuts for anyone that wanted them in the clubhouse, which was a kind touch.

The rules were clear and clearly posted in all of the areas. There was a dog run for the dogs, and a playground for the kids that my son and his friend really enjoyed having to themselves.

In the clubhouse there's rainy day stuff to do, too - a big screen TV with movies to rent, a foosball table, ping pong table, billiards table. There's tetherball and horseshoes out in the back of the clubhouse.

Just an hour away is Johnson's Observatory and an amazing view of Mt. St. Helen's, which we went to see. It was well worth the drive.

We liked the campground, except for the wi-fi. They have several wi-fi networks but not a one of them worked except in the clubhouse. But the bathrooms and showers were clean, the hookups worked, and they were really accommodating with the questions and offering to change our spot if we needed something different.

There are full hookups and partial, and there's a dump near the exit if you're in a partial. We'd stay here again. My son really enjoyed it, and it was his first time "camping" since he was a baby (we were in an RV). We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

E1

Johnson's Observatory is just an hour's scenic drive from the campground, and is well worth it. Lots of winding roads so make a note if you get carsick. Mt. St. Helen's is beautiful on a clear sunny day.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $38.00

A little confusion with registration because we didn't get a confirmation and then when I called to make sure we still had a site we were told check-in was 3 p.m. we arrived at 3:10 and the office was closed. This would be a great place if you were traveling with kids! The Wi-Fi didn't really work at our site but there is a lovely deck set in the woods off the back if the store/recreation room that we used. Great coffee in the mornings too! And you can borrow fire pits! We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Travel Trailer.

D

Make sure you have plenty of blocks, our stabilizers were not long enough for the site we were in. Great place to be if you're going to Mt St Helens!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

The staff was friendly and super fun. Wonderful camp for my family of 4 children. There was a kids baseball tournament near by and the hosts jumped right into action so all the kids had a blast! Great atmosphere for families! We will definitely be back! We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

F4

Close to view station for Mt St Helens. Lots to do and a cute nature trail. Gas station very reasonable prices. KOA store was reasonable as well. Fun place to stay!

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $46.00

This particular KOA really caters to families. You can tell the owners really like their jobs and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. We had a slight mix-up in our reservations (we had a group) and instead of getting all flustered, we just worked together to find the problem. The names were just mixed up. This park is on a terraced lot, some spots are tight, others are not. They had a scavenger hunt for the small kids as well as s'mores by the playground. We will definitely be back to stay. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Travel Trailer.

H-5

Great jump off place to visit Mt St Helens and the nearby lakes and rivers!

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

The sites were a bit narrow, but not too narrow. The staff was one of the kindest we have experienced. My kids loved the bouncy house and the game room. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Travel Trailer.

The forestry learning center, on the way to Mt St Helens, is free and my kids enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the Portland Rose Garden.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $44.00

We have been members of KOA for years and have attended several campgrounds up and down the west coast. Needless to say we will never attend this KOA again, and we will not recommend anyone to stay at this site either. Our intended stay was 1 week to visit family in the area however we packed up and went to another park due to the lack of professionalism and the negative treatment of campers we experienced. The staff at this park are very unprofessional and treat the residence very disrespectful. I am a retired business owner and I feel it is my duty to share the experience we had to help others make an informed decision before attending this park. My wife and I were enjoying a nice brunch when we heard A very loud conversation going on outside. I went to observe. I observed the owner of the park making this statement to a couple two sites down from us. "I'm the owner of this park, you need to shut up and do what I say, the pass belongs on your mirror not on the dash of your car. Hang it on the mirror or I will tow your car out of here"! The older couple being scolded by the owner, were with their grandchildren and were quite put back by the unwarranted and abusive treatment they had received they and several others very quickly packed up and departed this KOA. Needless to say the customer service is questionable at this site. However I and my family will not subject ourselves to this type of treatment especially when we are traveling and on vacation.

The park is located 2.9 miles off of I-5 and is very easy to get to. The grounds were well kept. The restrooms were somewhat cleanly. There is only one 50amp site which makes it difficult for larger rv's. The whole site had lost power for approximately 3 hours. No employees came around to let anyone know it was a park wide power loss. Several of us thought there was a problem with our trailers before we all figured out it was not an individual problem. The laundry facility had 7 washers and only 2 worked. Overall I was not impressed with the condition of the amenities, but I have seen worse so it is difficult to rate. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Travel Trailer.

B

Mt St Helens is a wonderful place to hike and take your family. The surrounding area is breathtaking and if you enjoy fishing Silver Lake 10miles up from the KOA has excellent big mouth bass fishing.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

Average at best. Mostly tight sites on dirt. Staff was friendly enough. Had propane. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $45.00

We intended to stay here for a few days but left after one night. This park doesn't have 50 amps and with the temperatures in the mid-80s, we couldn't run both our ACs efficiently on just 30 amps. It's an older park that the owners are slowly updating. Full hookups with 30 amps are available in back-ins only. If you want a pull-thru, they only have electric and water on those sites. Sites are really narrow. Our awning extended over our neighbor's hookups. The sites are terraced, gravel and fairly level. No shade in the transient area. There were a few trees in the upper, longterm resident side of the park. Cable tv was great but wifi was weak. Laundry room was clean. Office staff was helpful. The fenced in dog park was poorly constructed with wooden posts and welded field fencing that had not been installed tightly. There were gaps underneath in certain sections that small dogs could escape under. Also the gate was falling apart. The container for dog waste should either be larger or emptied more regularly. There's a nice rec room next to the office with ping pong table, small kitchen, books and a small seating area to relax. The owners provided free donuts and coffee there on the Sunday we were there. It's a nice park to see the area esp Mt St Helens but until they provide 50 amps, we won't be returning. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

D7

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

The park was very clean and the owners were very helpful and pleasant. The site was level and easy to access. We camped at Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA in a Motorhome.

f3

Featured Campgrounds Near Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA

Are you affiliated with Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA ?