Toutle River RV Resort

Castle Rock, Washington

Recent Rate: $49 8/2014

bradydane2009

This is an OK park. But I will not be staying here again. Why? Trains and smoke. The train noise is loud but the main thing that annoyed me was that as the trains passed by the ground shook. Not a lot but it was like being on a boat in slightly choppy water. The park has fire pits, which create smoke. Even when there were no fires going we could smell the smoke. The park can't do anything about the trains but they could remove the fire pits. On the positive side there was good 50 amp electric, adequate water, and a good tight sewer connection. Were it not for the trains and the smoke I would give the park a 9. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dennis_K

Trees overhanging roads, dry grass everywhere, the only green was the weeds. Like others have said the noise from the freeway and the train is bad. There are approximately two trains an hour during the day, and one an hour at night. This could be a 10 if it was in another location with less noise and was maintained correctly. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

gourdguru

We were here for an RV rally, so our rates were different, so the rate I am posting is what the published Good Sam rate. This park has very nice amenities including a pool, spa, saunas, disc golf, very nice rally facilities (with covered pavilion for activities), and laundry. The sites are large and spacious between sites. We had a pull-through, and there was plenty of room for our coach and tow vehicle. The highway noise isn't too bad but the train noise is HORRIBLE. We have been to RV parks that are near trains but none were ever bad enough to keep us away, and most of the time they stopped running at night. The trains at Toutle River run right next to the back in sites. They run frequently and the whistles are the loudest I have ever hears. Enough so that they woke me out of a deep sleep. My other complaint is that they do not trim the trees enough to keep RVs from getting damaged from limbs that overhang, and the grass isn't trimmed at the sites. We had 185 rigs coming to our rally, and not one of the sites had been weeded or mowed before we started coming in, and they knew well ahead of time when we were coming. I was told that the park had been in bankruptcy and there was a new owner taking over after our rally. Friends who know the original owner said they invested a lot of money when they built this place. It was a very nice place but it's all about location and this is not a great location. Take away the trains and move it even a half mile from the highway, and it probably would be a great place. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Freedom Bus

This park would be a 10 if they would green up their grass. Wide paved driveways with long level gravel sites making for easy big rig access. Park is very clean. No overhead trees to obstruct my satellite dishes and good 50 amp service. We did not use any of their facilities; however, it appears that there is a lot to do for children and adults. Excellent spot for visiting Mount St. Helens. We have stayed here before and will return again. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Metamorphosis Road

This park has amazing amenities (pool, spa, saunas, disc golf, very nice rally facilities, laundry), nice paved roads, large sites with decent separation. But the highway and train noise ruins it. The trains are the worst: they run very often and blow their whistle every time, 24/7. Ear plugs don't even work against the train whistle in the middle of the night, multiple times. If it weren't for the trains we would gladly return. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

nwrandski

We spent one night here in mid-June. Overall this is a good park. My only complaints would be that they need to trim some of the trees that overhang the drives. I hit my antenna on a few branches. Also, the grass around the gravel sites needed some maintenance. A minor pick is that the transition from the asphalt drive to the gravel site is fairly significant. One must go slow over this transition - especially in a big rig. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Missdijean

Camped here two nights. Spacious sites and clean grounds. Staff very nice. Nice hot tub, but pool was closed for chemical imbalance problems which was disappointing because we choose parks that have pools so we can exercise after driving for long hours. No cable available. Train shook by every little while but amazingly we were able to sleep through it. Family friendly as there is lots for kids to do. Would recommend if you are not adverse to train noise. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

bakermancoq

Nice level gravel sites with plenty of green space. This park is very big rig friendly. It has no official dog run but dog friendly as long as you clean up after them. The washrooms are older but clean when we visited them. Mind you there were very few campers when we were there. Easy access to the highway. The one issue with this park is the train tracks right beside the park. It seems like the trains like to whistle just as they go by the park even though the tracks are fenced off and no road crossings nearby. Try to pick a site closer to the highway (I-5) to avoid excessive train noise. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

JDR

The good is the park has lots for families to do. The space is good between paved roads good services. We have stayed before and returned because of the activities, but the park is in need of up keep. What grass there - it was not mowed, even a weed eater would have worked. For the price it should have been in better shape. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User2921

Toutle River RV Resort is a very nice park which is relatively wide open; therefore, big rig and satellite dish friendly. The people that work in the park are super nice and friendly and have always been accommodating. The store located at the check in area has just about everything you might need with a huge variety of snacks and movies to rent. The laundry facilities are first rate and the swimming pool is real nice and is open from May – September and heated to just the right temp. There is even a dog shower and grooming area and in the same area there is a place where the dogs can socialize while the owners do their own relaxing and socializing. This park is very centrally located for visits to the Mount Saint Helen’s Visitor Center, Silver Lake, and the August Grand National Championship Flat Track Motorcycle Race at the famous Castle Rock TT track. There is also great fishing on the Toutle and Cowlitz River and just East of Castle Rock the fishing and boat rental at Silver Lake is really hard to beat! A quick 10 mile drive south gets you to Longview, WA which is a larger city and you can even cross the bridge there into Oregon and visit many small towns along the southern shore of the Columbia River. The RV Park is situated between railroad tracks and the I5 freeway so there certainly is not total peace and quiet; however, if you like the sound of trains then this is your place. I have stayed here a few times and the occasional train for me is fun to hear and watch and the freeway is just light background noise. All things considered I heartily recommend this park and if you like an evening fire make sure to ask for a site with a fire pit. I stayed 1 week which is reflected in my nightly rate. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Bandit23

This is one of the best parks I have been in, the staff is beyond reproach being very helpful, friendly, and professional. The park is limited access, there is a welcome hut at the entrance. The laundry facilities are clean with 3 washers and 3 dryers. We got a site that was 95' long, exactly what we need with our trailer. The sites were spaced far enough apart to be very comfortable. Although we didn't use the pool or hot tub they appeared clean. Yes, there is train noise but it's muffled by a berm, and I like trains so the noise didn't bother me, the noise from I-5 was minimal. This park is close to Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainer, Portland, and not that far from Seattle and Joint Base Lewis-McCord for those of us with a military need. The town of Castle Rock is only 2 miles away with a grocery store, post office, and restaurants. This park is on my list for the next time we are in the area. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

KujoFamLC

This is a great RV resort, except for the fact that it's sandwiched between a VERY busy set of train tracks and a VERY busy I-5. It was hard to enjoy the resort with the constant noise of trains and highway traffic. Our travel trailer shook every time the train went by. We didn't get any sleep, so we were actually happy to leave. If not for the noise, this is probably a very nice place. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Jerry S

After bypassing this park back in 2009 because it was not completed (it was open), we stayed here one late July weeknight. We had a level, FHU pull-through. We were given only a hard to read computer printout of the park map and instructions concerning the internet at check-in. After driving what seemed like half a mile to our assigned site, we found it to be in the heavily treed section of the park. We had asked for a satellite friendly site, so that was not acceptable. We were then given an open site a couple hundred yards from the office/laundry/pool/restroom area. With so few RVs in the park (maybe 50 of the 300+ sites occupied), I don't know why they originally put us so far away and in the trees. As I was setting up, I noticed that the water was yellowish - even after running the water for 10 minutes. The office assured me that the water was tested, safe, and would not stain anything. I did a load of laundry that turned out fine. Later in the evening most of the yellow hue was gone. Since there was only one other RV with in 3 rows of our site, it must have taken a while for the "bad" water to clear the system. There is no cable TV (local provider does not service this area), but many sites are satellite friendly. Their WIFI provider is Tengo. Since I usually have trouble with Tengo and the sign on procedure appeared tedious, I did not bother with the WIFI. Except for those three issues (Wi-Fi cable, and water) the parks facilities and amenities are fine. Then there is the noise issue. The park is located between a busy rail line and I-5. It did not bother us too much, but obviously bothers a lot of folks. I think that the noise issue is why they don't have more long term or seasonal customers. I think that was their original goal (to have lots of extended stay customer), but the noise was too much for too many potential customers. If you don't mind the noise, can use Tengo, have your own satellite dish and trust the water, this park isn't bad. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

firsttimers

This is actually a nice park; although, next to a very busy train tracks and a crossing. They stop at 2:30 a.m. and start again at 5:30 a.m. No sleep. Park has tall weeds and trees with mostly pull through sites. Beautiful setting, right next to I-5. We left a day early to go somewhere quiet. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Streetcar

Nice clean big campsites - highly recommend for big coaches. Our lot size was 85 feet - great for pulling a vehicle. Lots of space between sites. Highly recommend. We camped at Toutle River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Toutle River RV Resort?