Cle Elum, Washington

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Invited to a potluck and movie night when we arrived. Gated park which is always nice. Sites are dirt/grass but our site was very level. Did not have to disconnect. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

The Safeway in town is the only grocery store that services 5 towns so don't go shopping on a Friday evening.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

New managers were rude. They put me in a site that was too small (no room for slideouts) and refused to move me. Rude to my guests that tried to come into the park, claimed I was not staying there. Will not stay here again and I have been staying in park for about 6 years, even stored my RV there. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

Pull thru, roomy in trees. Good location to activities. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

Stayed for a night on our way through the area. Park was convenient to the highway when arriving from the east, departure to continue westbound a little tricky as you have to go through Cle Elum. Park is in a heavily forested area, but the sunshine did find its way down to our site. Found staff friendly and helpful. Will stay again. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $31.00

This is a well kept rustic park right off I-90. Our pull through site was long enough, but narrow. The park is right on the Yakima River however there is a four foot berm so you have to go up on the berm to see the water. People were walking along the berm and it's wide enough to take your chairs up there. I got satellite. We did not have a sewer connection, but we were only staying for one night. There is an RV service facility on site. I don't know anything about it because we arrived late on Saturday. Next time I would stay for a couple of nights. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

The town of Cle Elum has a nice Main St. with some restaurants, shops, True Value Hardware and a Safeway.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $29.00

This is a small park with few sites suitable for big rigs, and although the interior road is a bit tight, with care you can maneuver into one of the two or three long grass and gravel pull-thrus. Lots of trees, but a fairly clear shot for the satellite, with fair Verizon cell and data reception. The free cable TV was extensive and clear. Fairly quiet, with a few long term RVs and friendly owners/hosts and a large store. Considering that there are no sewer hookups or WiFi, the nightly rate is at the top end of what we would expect for a park with few amenities. Anyone with a rig over 32' should probably call ahead for reservations since the larger sites are few. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $27.00

Nice location well off the highway, with great access to Cle Elum. Very friendly, honest folks. Facilities were clean, but not sparkling clean. Sites were very narrow, had to dodge trees to walk around the trailer, but the good news is that there is shade. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $27.00

This is a great park for an overnight stop. There are only a few pull throughs that will accommodate larger rigs. There is lots of shade and its very nice camping among the trees. We enjoyed the river walk and did a loop around. You can also walk into town from the campground. Friendly, helpful staff at this park. Will stay again on our travels. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $27.00

This is an OK campground for a night. There is no sewer or wi-fi, and there are nicer parks in the area. Having said that, it's OK for a night, and they have an RV store should you need something. We stayed here for one night. Also, there is a train that goes by often. Our rate reflects Good Sam discount. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $27.00

I made a reservation at this park for five days. I stayed for eight. For the last two I dry camped since I didn't have reservations for those days, and the park was full. There are limitless spots for dry camping. Just pick an open space and park. I chose a space on the lake shore. This is a smaller park, and trees are plentiful. It just smells good, like a pine forest. Lots of room and privacy at each spot. The owner and the manager are most accommodating. At the back of the park you will find a path along the Yakama River. One is tempted to wade in. It's crystal clear, and moves fast, but I'm sure it's quite cold. There were a few people fly fishing from the bank. The store at this park surpasses any park store I have encountered. It's more like a small dedicated RV store. Cle Elum brings memories of 1940s-1950s mid-America. Here are some points of interest that deserve your time. For excellent Wi-Fi visit Stella's. It's a small restaurant, opened for only three weeks when I was there. If you are health conscious, this is for you. All vegetables are local. All meat is unprocessed. The ice cream alone is worth a visit. There is buffalo chili on tap. It is so tasty. When you leave the park for town, at the first traffic light turn left. Thirty yards prior to the next light, Stella's is on the right, a few yards back off the street. There is bicycle shop next door. Next is the Cle Elum Bakery. Famous in the area. Turn right at the first traffic light after leaving the park. Go 4 tenths of a mile. The bakery is on the left, on a corner. You will be amazed at the selection of goodies. The third POI is across the street, Owens Meats. Think 1940's neighborhood butcher shop. If you are a meat eater, well, it's the realization of a dream. Lastly there is Beaus. I had dinner there the night before I left. Nice variety on the menu. If you like beer, try the Roslyn local brew. From the light, turn right. It's about three blocks on the SW corner. Enjoy. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $26.00

Good starting point for us. Very friendly people. They have an RV store with just about every item you'd need to replace. Propane available. You have a concrete patio at your site, but you set up on gravel. Good shade and privacy. Great walking path along a beautiful river. The only negative for us was the traffic sounds from I-90. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $27.00

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Nice sunny spot but yet trees give privacy. Some sites right on river with trail to walk. Close to town. Clean restrooms. We will stay again. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $25.00

Most sites do not have sewer hookups. There is a dump. Most sites have a concrete pad for the picnic table, ours did not. Lots of shade and along the Yakima River. Good cable TV. Some freeway noise, but not bad. Very clean showers/restrooms. Overall a nice place to stay and we would definitely stay here again. Sewer hookups and a little brushing and more slabs would give it a much better rating. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $29.00

Lovely park set among trees and bushes. I would have rated an 8 or 9, but they changed my reserved site without my knowledge. I arrived and the office was closed, so my paperwork was outside. On it, our old reserved site number was crossed out and I discovered we had been reassigned to what is probably the smallest, worst site on the grounds. It took us several drives through the loop to even find it, as it was wedged behind another site. I had to ask the somewhat uncooperative camper parked in that site to move his truck to allow us to back in through his site to get into our small site. It's a great campground if they honor your reservation. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $27.00

This is a "woodsy" park. Has very nice trails through the woods along the river. One also can walk to town. The pull-through sites do not have sewer connections (easily accessible dump station) so ask about it if you need one. The staff was friendly and helpful. The sites were nice. Had to downrate it as we had an encounter with 2 aggressive dogs running free in the campground. We told the manager and she said she has had trouble with this person (long term camper ??) before and would talk to them again. We camped at Whispering Pines RV Park & Center in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Whispering Pines RV Park & Center ?