Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park

Port Angeles, Washington
Phone: (360) 928-2088

Recent Rate: $50 7/2014

WA Morning Girl

Made the reservation over the phone, Spent 2 nights. Beautiful lake view as you drive in. Campsites very close together. When I backed in, my door opened onto the tent in the site next door. My table was on the other side of the RV. The tent campers were horrified I might stay and I have just a little rig. They did accommodate my request to move and I noticed they did not have any other takers on the spot while I was there. I was not very impressed. Food in the deli expensive and not that good. I was quite impressed when my server started up the vacuum cleaner right after she delivered my meal. No, I will not be going back there. We camped at Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park in a Travel Trailer.

User3072

Lake Crescent is stunningly beautiful and so it's worth the time to stay right on its shore when visiting. This resort was a little shabby, but nice enough to recommend because of the lake. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to make reservations from their web site (it only seems to want you to reserve a room), but I knew we were off-season so I just went by when we got there and took my chances. The clerk seemed confused that I didn't have a reservation, but eventually worked it out, and then was somewhat restrictive about what sites she would put me in. That all took on a new complexion later in the afternoon, and seemed a bit silly, when we realized that we were literally the only RV guests in the entire place. Still, that's just an oddity and not really a problem. The site we did get had a view of the lake and it really was beautiful. There is a restaurant there, that we didn't use but that looked nice, and you can rent boats, kayaks or canoes to paddle on the lake (you should--it is the clearest lake you will ever see). While sitting at the edge of the lake, an otter swam up and munched on a crawfish right in front of us, so that was a real treat. The sites are your typical parking lot with about a foot of grass between each. The utilities all worked fine. It was lovely with no one else there, but will probably feel pretty crowded once full. All in all, if you can figure out how to make a reservation (which I'm sure you'll need once the season starts), this is well worth the visit. We camped at Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Historic resort with stunning lake and mountain scenery. Unfortunatley during July & August
weekends the operator allows such overcrowding that the National Park experience is spoiled. Visit in off-season and you'll love it. Helpful and friendly staff. We camped at Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park?