Moon River RV Resort

Richland, Washington

Recent Rate: $35 4/2013

jotretam

We stayed here for a month and we found this to be the best park we have stayed in, in a long time. It was very clean all over and the owners were excellent. It was great to have a private fenced in yard. There are trees on most lots. Our dogs loved the shade and grass where they could be fenced in and run free in their dog yard. The new owners have really worked hard to make this a five star park, and to me, it is. We will definitely stay there again. We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Ann M.

Unique park layout that offers sites with fenced yards. Quite a few RVs are in poor condition and some yards are overflowing with "stuff." This is sad because it detracts from what is an otherwise nice park. We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

technomad

Above price is based on a monthly rate. We stayed in this park for a little over a month and really enjoyed it. The sites are parallel park, which is something I've never seen. It gives you a wonderfully private yard, with fences making up three sides and your rig making up the 4th. Don't be too concerned with parallel parking - host leads you to your site and will tell you exactly what to do. Sites are level, gravel pads with wonderful, grassy lawns. The park is well maintained and pretty quiet, with the exception of some truck and train noise. There is a RR crossing, so there are train whistles. The closer to the front you are, the louder they'll be. They really only come by during the day, 7am to 7pm. Staff and longer term residents are very friendly. They have pot lucks for football and play Wii games in the common room some nights. The pool and hot tub are well kept and clean. Be sure to follow the directions given to you by the staff, as some GPS systems will take you down a one-way road heading the wrong direction. Google Maps on my smartphone gave the correct directions, but it's something to be aware of. We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jerbear

This park doesn't look like much from the air, but it makes up for in very nice owners/employees, nice quiet tenants and nice manicured lawns with privacy fences for most sites that can park parallel. The parallel parking is easy if you know how to drive the rigs and on/off street for the dingy or pull rig(we have a 31' TT with 25'Tow rig with an extra car and had no problems fitting everything into our site), they have pull thru sites also for those that can not parallel park their rigs but they are not as nice!!!!! They have GREAT Internet (15M down, 5M up) but it is wired only, no Wi-Fi at sites! They have a pool and hot tub/jacuzzi at the office with host helping us find our site at 10pm when we arrived, NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF HELP IN ALL OF THE CAMPGROUNDS WE STAYED IN OVER THE YEARS!!!! We highly recommend this place for anyone who is passing by or looking to stay awhile. This is better than any 5 star resort park any where!!!! We wish every park was like this. WELL DONE host!!!! The only reason I didn't give them a 10 was it has the occasional train noise during the day, other than that, GREAT park!!!!!! We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

WickedGood

A lot of full timer/ monthly rentals. Not sure of daily rate. Staff and campers are friendly. There is weekly entertainment in the club house with cook outs and easy exit from the park. Finding one of the entrance's is difficult the first time or in the dark but the park is mostly quiet with constant low level background highway noise and an occasional small plane from the nearby air port. Most longer stay sites are parallel parking with your own fenced in grass yard (5+ foot tall wood fence ). Enjoyed my 3 months and I would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Montana11

We moved in on January 6, 2011. Only supposed to be working in the area for a few weeks. We ended up staying until the fifth of November. I must say, we have stayed in many RV parks since coming to the west coast to work. We have been in some nice and friendly campgrounds also. But, this park is by far the best we have ever stayed at. The host and hostess are very friendly and are willing to help with anything you need. He will help you park (the sites with private yards are parallel parking) and will help you hook up. There is always something going on, from karoke to pot lucks to fires at the pit. We have met some of the nicest people while staying here. The park is more like a community. If you are looking for a place to call home while you are traveling, than this is where you want to go. Way to go guys!!! We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

DXSMac

It's a parking lot, but a nice parking lot. This is a new RV park, built last fall. Your GPS will most likely lead you astray on this one. I was familiar with the area so I knew not to obey the GPS. You have to "weasel around" to get to the park. The signs attempt to point you in the right direction. The office/store in the front of the park is set up in a "50's diner" style, quite cute. There is a book/movie trade area. This park appears to cater more toward long terms. When I checked in, the check in person said, "we really aren't set up for overnighers although we do occasionally get them." The surprising thing was, I wasn't asked for address information when I checked in. The office is not open on Sundays. I stayed in a pull through. The pull through spots are alternating. In other words, if you face east, the neighbors on either side of you are facing west. The pull-through spots are so close together that not only is it "pass the mustard" but "pass the toilet paper while you are at it." If the person in the next spot starts their car, you feel like you are in their car with them. The spots that are advertised as having a "small fenced yard" are nicer, but you have to parallel park your RV for those spots. Who wants to parallel park the RV? The restrooms/laundry rooms were very clean. Laundry was cheap, $1 to wash $1 to dry, good sized machines. The DSL internet was very fast! The park will loan you an Ethernet cable if you need. I don't know if a deposit is required or not as I had my own Ethernet cable with me. I had to run the Ethernet cable through my bedroom window to connect due to the location of the DSL cord. The cable TV was OK, 25 channels, all analog through a satellite service. However, you can get some channels "over the air" via antenna. The park occasionally sponsors some events for the residents, there was a live music event the night before I got there. The price I am showing is the amount before taxes. The park isn't set up for Good Sam Discounts yet. To me, the price was outrageous for this very tight parking lot situation. Normally, I'd give a park like this a "4" due to how close together the spots are, but with the great internet service and clean restrooms, I give it a "6." We camped at Moon River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Moon River RV Resort?