Spokane KOA

3025 N Barker Rd
Spokane Valley, Washington 99027

Elevation: 2031' (approx.)
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Spokane KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $36.00

This is a very nice campground within walking distance to gorgeous Spokane river and awesome biking/walking Centennial trail that goes along. Located in a quiet residential area of Spokane Valley with very convenient freeway access. We have a 42 ft long 5th wheel and were able to maneuver with no problem through the park, detach and park the truck behind it. The owner let us park our additional smaller rig (a van and 16 ft cargo trailer) for no additional charge near our site. We also have 5 slides so it was kinda close to our site neighbors but not too bad. Clean showers/bathrooms and laundry room. Very helpful and friendly staff people and all work hard to make the camp a pleasant place to stay, which is much appreciated. The campground is located by the train tracks so you will hear the train a few times a day from any site, however it is not as bad as some reviews portray it, plus we camped there for 2 weeks so by the end of our stay we barely noticed it. We enjoyed staying there and will definitely stay again when in the area! We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C7

Nearby, Very Close

Centennial Trail and Spokane River is spectacular during fall!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $51.00

This is an older RV park with sites that are not really conducive to slide-outs. We were able to navigate around in the park, but the pull-thru spaces are quite tight and not very long. The worst thing about this park is that it is right by a main east/west railroad track and the trains blast their horns often in the middle of the night. The park is actually quite clean and the utilities all worked very well. The WiFi was poor, but that's to be expected in a larger park. I called about an hour before we got to the park to confirm our reservation and it went straight to voice-mail which was full. Upon arriving at the park I told the gal that her voice-mail was full and she gave me a vacant stare and said "oh". She obviously didn't care. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

H6

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $59.00

I gave this park two stars because of the deplorable customer service. I telephoned on Aug. 20 to inquire about my reservation for arrival on Aug. 23. I got only the answering machine even though I called directly to the park four times during the entire day. I left a voice message asking for a prompt call back for info on my reservation. When I arrived on the afternoon of Aug. 23 the two young female attendants were checking their cell phones. No one ever returned my call. When I made my reservation directly with the park in late June I was told that I was assigned Space #B2, but when I arrived I was moved to a different space because someone had reserved B2 for a period longer than my reservation. I was never asked if I had a valid KOA Value Kard nor was I asked if I wanted to purchase one. We've stayed at this KOA several times over several years and have never been treated like a valued customer. It's an old park that needs upgrades in interior roads, cable TV hookups, site landscaping, and wifi capability. There are also two major railroad tracks within 1/2 miles of the park on which trains pass late into the night and early in the morning with loud horns due to the many roadways/intersections in the nearby vicinity. I wouldn't recommend this park except for a last minute couple of days or an overnight. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A6

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

We were very disappointed after paying $66 for the deluxe double wide spot. We are 38 feet and towing and did not fit in this special expensive site. He had to unhook, so why get a pull through. Not long enough to be called a pull through. Double wide meant it was on the corner with grass. Place is gravel and dead grass. Will not return. Did not use the pool. Place is not deserving of KOA brand. This park is older for small RV and tow. We are full time RVers and we understand aging parks. However, they misrepresented their "deluxe site" and we feel we were overcharged. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

B6
Not big enough for my motorhome

Featured Campgrounds Near Spokane KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

This is an old RV Park that isn’t big rig friendly. We are 38 ft long and could barely make it into our space. Neighbors had to bring their awnings in and move vehicles for us. The office staff was not friendly and they will not answer their phones. Check in time is late and they stick to it. We will stay in Coeur d’Alene next time. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $80.00

Good sized sites, kids had fun. Friendly staff. Well maintained. Right next to railroad tracks. Several trains throughout the day and night, very loud but the kids got a kick out of it. Nice playground and close to shopping and easy freeway access. I would stay here again. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C5

Close to any type of shopping. Camping world is about 2 miles away. Coeur d'Alene is about 25 minutes away beautiful lake and park there.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $57.00

We had a better site this time than other times we've stayed here. A pull through site near the back restrooms. We could get level. Long enough for car and Moho. Did have to talk to the owner about the restroom. Dirty showers. His cleaning staff need some serious training and we told him. I'm sure he'll work on that. Dogs like the k9 kamp, grass was mowed and it seemed people actually picked up after their dogs. Stayed 3 nights and will again since the park is near family. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Very easy to get in and out. The grounds are well-maintained and the sites not too snug. We liked staying in the Valley because it's easy to get to services including RV parts and repairs. The Kamp K9 was enjoyed by our dogs and it was clean. Plenty of room to run around. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

G7

There is a great dog park at exit 299. It's called Patricia Simonet Laughing Dog Park and it's about 3 fenced acres of gravel, grass and trees. One of the best we've found.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $80.00

We booked a 'patio' site and it was large but not worth this amount. Gravel pull thru to short to safely park the 1 ton without it sticking out into the 'street'. Tight to get into a lot of spaces. Near 2 train tracks. One about 100 yards away, goes all day and all night, about 20 a day. Very loud since the street has to be crossed and they blow their whistles. Close to malls and shopping. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

B3

Big mall a few miles down the road along with the Walmart etc.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $54.00

We are traveling in a 43 ft. motorhome full-time. Our first site G5 was very narrow and hardly room for our towed car. I went back up to the office and asked if we could upgrade. They did so and we had an awesome patio site that was so spacious, with paved patio, patio table and chairs, and a cool swing and firepit. They were so nice and so helpful! KOA is typically more expensive than most other RV parks but at least you kind of know there is some quality. They had a Camp K9 for our dog so he could be off leash, and it was very quiet and clean. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

B2

We spent 2 nights here getting ready for our trip to Banff, Canada. This was a great town to stock up on any RV needs, clean and get organized for our upcoming trips ahead to Banff and Glacier. Nice park. Even got my nails done in Spokane Valley.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed here for 4 days in early April 2018. We paid $39.99/night plus tax so it came out to $44.83/night. Admittedly, we aren't huge KOA fans because the sites are always way too close, but the campground was close to Spokane, the staff was friendly and our site was pull-thru, level and had full hook-ups - all pluses. They also had all the standard amenities offered by KOA's - showers, laundry, dog park, pool, playground, store, WiFi, cable. Just watch the dryers in the laundry room - they got really hot and melted 2 of my blankets. The bathrooms were pretty well maintained and the showers were warm with great water pressure. The campground is in the middle of a city and off of a busy road so there was some noise from that but it is easy access to the freeway. Overall, not too bad if you like the KOA feel. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Pleasant stay, office staff looked to make stay pleasant. Utility hookups ok, but the sites are a bit tight and close. It was good for an overnight stop close to the interstate (but no noise). We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

Stayed 3 nights. Easy to get to off the interstate. Entrance is spacious and cute statues/fountains. You can tell the staff is trying to do their best. Based on how the sites are, along with the more narrow interior roads, I think this is an older park that they are doing a good job keeping up. I selected an "extra wide" pull thru site. I guess the extra part refers to the grass around it. The gravel area in which to put your RV is about as wide as our fifth wheel before we put slides out. We did not feel on-top-of our neighbor. They're probably 10+ feet away. Decent gravel; site was level. Length is probably 55-60'. If you want to park your truck in front of your 40' fifth wheel, you'll need to kind of park perpendicular and a bit in the grass. We have extra vehicles, and the staff paid attention and gave us an end site and said it was okay for us to park on the grass. Sweet! We also had a mature tree on each side of the site; did not brush the roof. Hookups worked as desired. Sewer not threaded, so you'll need something to hold in your sewer hose elbow. We had no problems navigating the interior roads; probably helped that we were on an end-site. Wifi was okay; need patience when surfing websites; no password required. Multiple bars AT&T LTE. The trains were in-frequent, but sometimes were pretty loud when coming by. Never woke us up at night. The thing that bothered me was a constant mechanical hum/buzzing. Sounded like it came from near the water tower on the north end of the park. Not on the campground property so not something the KOA can control. Totally adequate stay. Anticipated the "higher" price due to the larger city. Would stay again. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

B-6

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

Nice site, shade trees & gravel, nice dog yard but too far from our site to use, poor wifi reception except in office, trains run all night next to campground. We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

E1

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

We really enjoyed our stay at this KOA. We were here for 13 nights, and loved this park. The staff were friendly, helpful, and hardworking. Although the sites were a bit close together in the A row, we enjoyed being close to the playground. It was the perfect size for kids under 8. The pool was heavily used as well, although we didn't use it but once. The wifi worked great (well enough for us to use for work), which is unheard of at most campgrounds. There was some train noise, but it did not bother us, I actually enjoy the trains. However, if I was tent camping I probably wouldn't. This is a very well taken care of campground, in a great location, close to shopping, bike trails, multiple parks and playgrounds - we look forward to returning! We camped at Spokane KOA in a Motorhome.

A7

The Centennial Bike Trail is just a mile away and connects to Idaho and Spokane downtown. Although we didn't go that far, a few miles in each direction is very enjoyable and runs by the Spokane River. Beautiful! Also for those with kids, the Discovery playground is just a 10 minute drive away, and is one of the nicest playgrounds we've seen.

Featured Campgrounds Near Spokane KOA

Are you affiliated with Spokane KOA ?