Alderwood RV Resort

Spokane, Washington

Recent Rate: $61 5/2015

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers

MrsMay

This was the first RV park we stayed in and we are brand new at RV'ing (bought our 30 foot Class C from a guy near us... and have discovered a new problem every day). I arrived at the park alone and pregnant with my two toddlers as my husband is on a contract job and met up with us later in the evening. I also arrived with a broken water tank, and the Alderwood people called in a Repairman who was AMAZING and fixed it up, replaced the broken seals, replaced a broken faucet with a beautiful new one, all in an hour. He was VERY reasonably priced as well, and super friendly and kind. The staff and Alderwood were lovely and greeted us with fresh cookies, coffee coupons and all the advice I was in need of. They had a lovely little play structure for my penned up toddlers who very much needed some romp time, and a beautiful warm pool and hot showers. I needed the laundry facilities too and was able to get the cash and coins needed from the chevron next door. The park itself was beautifully cared for, and as I have realized since, very intelligently layed out with full pull through spots large enough for our motorhome, tow dolly, and the camry we were towing. I didn't have a hose yet so they loaned me one kindly. The next morning to top it all of I had my first experience with a clogged RV toilet and the maintenance staff took great care to talk me through how to fix it, as the Repairman was booked solid that day. I needed some more hose length to get the job done and they had them in their shop as well as rv toilet paper and the drop ins for breaking down the black tank contents. I cannot express enough what an oasis this little place was after what we had been through in the last few days. Lovely people, friendly residents & travelers, and over and beyond the call of duty! We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Especially if you have kids, this place is fantastic.

usa clark

There are new owners here and they are working hard to make this a wonderful park again. There is a new wifi system in place and our wifi connection was excellent. The cable connection was good and will be better soon. The owners have trimmed trees and shrubs and repainted buildings. We were here four days and observed employees working every day. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

There is a lot to do in Spokane. We attended a professional arena football game and a Gonzaga Baseball Game. We also spent time with family. The Spokane riverfront is fun as well as the Centennial Trail.

Foucek

Sites are small. Park currently undergoing some renovations. Nice indoor heated pool. It would be nice if had a hot tub also. Close to large market. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Nice Yokes Market across street with large selection of organic products.

hikeski

The park is nice except the width of the spaces are not wide enough for slide-out access or for you to walk around your coach. They advertise 23' wide spaces, drive surface is blacktop 9 - 10' wide but trees and shrubs take up the remainder of the 23' and are overgrown. Our picnic table was falling apart and was adjacent to the neighbors sewer hook-up. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

silver2007

Sites are narrow and overgrown. It's hard to get to the utilities on the site and there is nowhere to sit outside. Our patio was overgrown and without a picnic table. The pool is not so great and the convenience store is a joke. There are a few cans on a shelf. The desk staff was friendly. There are showers in the main building; only 3 and one was broken. We did not use the showers. We will not stay here again. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

User3620

Small back in sites. Long pull through sites, but not very wide so the slides were tight. Nice indoor pool. Large grass area to play with dogs or kids. Playground behind office. Location good if you need to be in north Spokane, but bad if you need to be in the southern part. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

VegasVagabonds

A beautiful setting in north Spokane. It looks like they carved out the sites from a forest. With that said, getting into the sites and getting out the slides was a challenge. You are literally wedged into your site, and we needed to actually clip a few branches so as not to damage our rig. Great privacy with all the different trees lining each side of the sites. Streets and sites are paved and level. Small grass area in front and back with a bricked area in between with a picnic table. Again, very tight quarters. Easy access off the highway and great location for getting around. The check in queue was ample and the staff was fine. The restrooms were dated but very clean and well maintained. The shower stalls were super small. Don't drop your soap! Very little road noise, great large grassy area for pets, nice playground tucked back away from sites, nice covered pavilion with tables and BBQ, small indoor pool and a major grocery store right across the highway. Cable was great and WiFi was good, if you could get on, which we very often couldn't. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

bjmoose

Was likely nice when built, but now so overgrown that I had to go to neighboring sites and climb through bushes to get to my compartments. In the five sites around us, only one had a picnic table left, and that one was about to fall apart. Tons of ants all over the place, the patio had an anthill about every 6-8 inches in the seams. WiFi essentially non-functional. Water pressure very low. Power (50A) okay. Would never stay here again. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jim/Steeler fan

Called for directions to the "resort" and were given them. Some traffic lights we were told, more like 30 as we were taking our 39 ft. 5th wheel through Spokane proper. We were told upon arrival this is the only way to get here due to construction. Don't bother unless you like that kind of congestion. Upon arrival the young woman was businesslike, not unfriendly, but no warm greeting either. We drove here because they had cable, not at our site didn't work. When reporting it at the office I was told "I'll tell the owner", end of discussion. The site looks like a hallway - talk about tight these sites are ridiculous. If you have a small pull behind with small slides okay, but everything else forget about it. The office hours are 8:30 to 5:30 talk about bankers hours. You will find no one after 5:30 period. What is here is very nice, but no one seems to care about customers. My cable was fixed the next day, but nobody bothered to tell me. Oh, and the cable doesn't carry the major broadcast networks, ABS,CBS or NBC or FOX for those you go to the trouble of reprogramming to antenna. Want a cable program reprogram to cable, what a joke. These folks don't seem to care about customers and I just couldn't leave soon enough. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Bill Thibadeau

Very rude man at reception that could not wait to leave for the day (at 5:30 mind you). The site was the narrowest I have ever come across. On top of the narrowness, the trees were overgrown and unmaintained. I was unable to fully extend my slides. In fact, I had to crawl under the tree branches on river rock to hook up. I drove 8 miles through heavy congestion and construction to get to this supposedly Premier RV Resort. Nothing premier about the place. I assume that since there is a dinky pool, that qualifies as a resort? The men's bathroom was terrible. Moldy shower stalls and floors. It looked like no maintenance had been performed for years. Do not stay at this location! I rated this place a 2 simply because it has a McDonald's across the street. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Wendywoods

Not sure how this got a "top 10" designation, but it's definitely not one now. Overgrowing landscaping looks like it hasn't been cultivated in years. Too-narrow sites with ankle-breaking river rock you need to walk on to hook up. Marginal bathroom poorly maintained (broken shower door locks, no soap in dispensers, overflowing trash cans. missing benches). At least the water was hot and the light worked. One bathroom for 100+ sites is a long walk away from a lot of them. Charmless man checked us in. No picnic tables or other site amenities except overgrown "patio" the size of a pickup truck bed. Lots of signs posted about what you can't do. WI-Fi worked, that's about all I can say good about this place. If this is "Spokane's Premiere Resort" as it says in their ad, I can't imagine what it's compared against. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

rv2weeksazws

We have spent the last ten summers at Alderwood RV Resort and there is not other place we would want to stay. The location is convenient to all grocery stores, Costco, movie theater, etc. and at the same time is on the edge of town away from all the congestion. The manager and his wife have always been very congenial and we look forward to the potlucks that they schedule each summer. Our site is perfect for our motor home with a private patio where we spend a lot of our time. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

NotSoBadBob

We drove up here specifically to see the campground because it was rated so highly on Good Sam's website. What a disappointment! Sites were very narrow. The pool looks like it could hold 10 adults or twenty screaming children. There was no one in the office, or anywhere on the grounds that we could question. We did not stay here, nor will we in the future. This may have been "Spokane's premier" campground at one time, but that must have been a long time ago! We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Flyerted

Site 55 was listed in directory as being 23' wide, but in fact the asphalt parking was only 8'6". We were unable to fully open slides or awning. Patio was a joke. Could not access storage compartments as the bushes were so close. I noticed most of the other nearby sites had the same problem with the sardine packing. Would not recommend nor will I stay here again. We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

lckcmk

The only thing friendly about this park is the staff; although, they have a tendency to not know what they're talking about. The spots are narrow with a lot of overgrown trees and shrubs between the spaces. Also, a lot of large river rock is scattered around the sewer, water and power hookups. It makes it very difficult to move around so you can hook up or unhook. If you have your slides out you have to walk sideways to get to your door because the trees have grown over into the parking spot. There's approximately 12" from the edge of the RV to the edge of the site and woe be unto you if you are on the concrete lip or the the grass (what little there is). If they don't get a gardener in there to take care of the overgrowth and the dead trees we won't be back. My price was based on a weekly rate so it's pretty pricey as well!! We camped at Alderwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spokane RV Resort

Deer Park, Washington

Spokane KOA

Spokane Valley, Washington

Peaceful Pines RV Park

Cheney, Washington

Are you affiliated with Alderwood RV Resort?