Vantage Riverstone Resort

551 Main St
Vantage, Washington 98950

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Vantage Riverstone Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $18.00

Nothing fancy, but nice overnight stay. Accommodating staff. Not much around. We stayed overnight in July 2018. Price reflects Passport America. Pull thru site with 30amp FHU and no wifi. 4 bars Verizon LTE. Easy in and out, and not crowded. Camp store onsite, but nothing much around town. Called in advance to make sure there was room. Called again around 4pm to let them know we would be in around 8pm. Manager was very accommodating. We pulled into the parking area in front of the store and called again as we had been instructed. Manager met us at the store for check in. RV area is a little further past the store, but easily accessible. Site was dirt/grass and slightly unlevel. Only a few other rigs around and we were told to pick a spot, so we had a choice for space, but if the row was full, it would be tight quarters. Good view of the lake, and the bugs, but that's what you get near water! We did not use any of the facilities. Signs nearby for a petrified forest. Would have checked it out if in the area longer. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

We had a spacious pull through with full hookups. Registration was in the store which appeared fully stocked. There weren't many overnighters when we were there, but if there were, some sites might seen a little tight. There was a good view of the Columbia river from our site and a number of OTA tv stations. And you're just down the road from the Gingko petrified forest museum. Though quite rustic I would definitely stay here again. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Check out the Gingko petrified forest.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

Upon arrival, had no idea where office was. One of ther other guests told me to go to the grocery store, which was closed already by 4 PM, and knock on the door, and they would let me in and register me. There is one not-very-clear sign in front of the grocery store, but behind some trees and not near the road. Very skinny pull through sites with good water/sewer. Only 30A electric available. Our site had two large trees, one on each side, making things very tight. I had a pull-thru but had to back out because I couldn't make the turn onto the road because of the trees. It struck me as one lady who was trying to keep a grocery store and campground running all by herself. For a one night stop while traveling, it sufficed, but no TV and no WiFi.I would probably not stay here again. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $15.00

For temporary people passing through there are pull through sites with FHU. No cable or WiFi, but we were able to get some Antenna stations; Long terms residents on upper level. Lots of W/E grassy sites but only 1-2 people there while we stayed; electric was good; water quality good. No rec center; pool closed; laundry clean, also used by housekeeping for motel. Generally, it was an OK park to stay at; well maintained even though the city seems to be run down. I walked to the upper level and there was a road up the mountain where I was able to let the dogs loose and get some exercise. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Ginko Petrified Forest Interpretative Center and hiking trails; Wild Horses Monument (also known as Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies)

Featured Campgrounds Near Vantage Riverstone Resort

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

As other have noted, signs are poor, registration is at the store on site. We had high winds one night and moderate evening winds every night. The camp was well used weekends with all types camping, there were a lot of tent campers. The park had a number of dogs in camps and most were untied. All people and dogs we encountered were friendly. I travel with a service dog and it was nice to be able to let him run a bit with his toys. There are multiple levels with roads to walk. Laundry on site with 6? older small machines @ $1.50 a load and $.25 for 6 minutes. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

There are restaurants with in walking distance and fuel. There is boating right across the road and it looks like the camp caters to the boaters as many campers had boats. The front sites are close to the road and there was truck traffic all night. No discounts when there are events going in the area and I hit on one of those weekends.

I think the prior reviews were harsher than it really is. I would stay again if in the area.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $15.00

Signage is extremely poor and the office, which closes at 3:00 PM, is very hard to find. We tried to spend the night, but the site we were assigned was too short for our RV--even if we had unhooked our car--we couldn't fit. We also discovered the electricity at our assigned site didn't work. Although there were many open sites, we couldn't find another site with 50 amp. The office was closed, no one answered the phone and there was no one to provide assistance, so we finally gave up and left to spend the night elsewhere. The pull-through sites in the front rows aren't paved and don't appear to be very level. This campground appears to be very poorly maintained. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $45.00

Fifteen per person, minimum $30. We had to pay $45 because our daughter was with us. Poor signage, office is in a variety of places, depends on time of day. Narrow sites, slide encroached on neighbors picnic table. Overpriced for what you get. Our neighbors had a trailer and a tent, 5 people, $75 a night. Oh, the price of a Black Sabbath concert. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $25.00

Not a resort at all: the pool is falling apart, the tables haven`t seen a coat of paint in years. Had large stray dogs come into my campsite, even a lose pit bull. It's crazy here, watch out if you have a little doggy. This place shares with working campers, some of their trailers are just junk. I'm going to avoid these campgrounds that have full time residents that don't look after their sites and let their dogs run lose. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $25.00

Huge and empty, except for extended-stay (which are all at one end of the park) and on weekends where there's a concert at the Gorge. WiFi is available at the office/general store. Two restaurants within walking distance, but that's about it. Wonderful view of hills and the Columbia. Not too much noise from Interstate. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $40.00

Good campground in a pinch. Very expensive - $40/2 per night, plus $20 per night for each additional person. Several pull-thru sites, although not very level. Pool looks like it has been out of commission for quite some time, but there is access to boat ramp and riverside park across the street. Small grassy sites, most with picnic tables and fire rings. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $20.00

Maybe in 2003 it was a good park (per the one previous review), but as of 2009, it's rather run down. It's full of perms and mobile homes. The rate I am showing is the rate with taxes. I paid cash, I do not know if credit cards are accepted. The former KOA buildings are still there (with laundry and indoor pool), but it doesn't appear that they are used. (Maybe in the summer, but they were not being used in March, when I was there.) You check in to the park at a grocery store next door. The park is terraced, and it appears they leave the top terrace for the over nighters. However, there were lots of open places in the lower terraces. I would have preferred to be there, less exposure to the wind (I stopped here to get out of the horrible winds that sometimes go through this area in the spring, making it hard to drive). Plus, I got here on a Sunday and nothing is open, to include the grocery store where you check in. However, if you ring the doorbell, someone will check you in. The laundry room in the old KOA building had a sign saying "open daily [specified hours]" but the door was locked. Although there are many very tall trees here for shade, the trees didn't help with the wind! Also, good luck finding the sewer connection, it's buried in the grass somewhere. I had to run my hand through the grass to find it. Although I said "no" to wireless being available, I did detect a couple of "unsecured" wireless hookups with limited signal, but I don't think they belonged to the park. If you have a Verizon air card, it will work off and on. At these prices, it is cheaper than a very nice state park three miles away. I would use this place only for a very desperate and cheap overnight. We camped at Vantage Riverstone Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Vantage Riverstone Resort

Are you affiliated with Vantage Riverstone Resort ?