5 Average

Westport, Washington 98595

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Twin Harbors State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

At the spur of the moment we decided to camp on the WA coast in order to avoid a heat wave in Portland. I didn't have time to research parks so I opted to go to a state park since, on the whole, state parks are usually cheaper and nicer than local RV parks (and we've been to 23 states so I know what I'm talking about). Boy, was I wrong!! The NHU part of this park is nice with large sites surrounded by trees and shrubs. The RV/hook up area, however, is the pits and insanely overpriced. The "pads" are trampled, dead grass, weeds, dirt, and some gravel. They are right next to each other with no landscaping or privacy. The restroom is old with peeling paint and only one shower. AND you have to use tokens to take a shower which must be purchased from a vending machine at the registration booth. To top it all off the campers next to us had two dogs that barked and whined continuously. Now, that's not the park's fault, but when I complained to the two attendants in the office they basically ignored me. I asked if a ranger could go talk to the people and was told "they don't come in until later". Needless to say nothing happened. And there was no camp host either. For all of this "luxury" we paid over $50/night after all the taxes and fees, the highest we've ever paid except for FL and CA. And it's not even on the beach. I think you can walk there about 1/2 mile or so by crossing the highway. Didn't bother since the mosquitoes and gnats were so bad. Thank god we only reserved two nights, but we're going to ANOTHER WA state park tomorrow and I'm sorry I made that reservation now after seeing what this one is like. Never again!! We camped at Twin Harbors State Park in a Truck Camper.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

FHU sites are very close together affording no privacy. However, even with the large number of people here, it was reasonably quiet after hours. Park staff has a comprehensive list of rules that they enforce such as dogs on leash, number of people per site, and quiet hours. It's a bit of a trek to the beach from the east park (half mile) which has the only hook up sites. We camped at Twin Harbors State Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby full service restaurant and Subway sandwich shop.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $34.00

We didn't actually stay here, but had to check it out since I had previously camped here with my family in 1953 and 1970. Nothing much has changed, a typical beach state park with great tenting areas and serviced sites not as tight as some state parks. Though this park is on a main highway, no traffic noise was apparent even during the day. Most sites were as level as practical in this very high rainfall area. One also has to understand that due to the climate here, everything weathers quickly. We didn't interact with any staff. We will definitely consider this park on our next rip to Westport. We camped at Twin Harbors State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $34.00

Mediocre to poor campground. Showers needed tokens - the check-in ranger didn't not share this info. Electrical and water hookups are at the rear of the campsite and not convenient. The one redeeming feature of this stay was dining at the One Eyed Crab - ask for the halibut and fries (equal to the halibut meals I loved in Alaska!) I'd stay at American Sunset if I return to this sad little town. We camped at Twin Harbors State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Twin Harbors State Park

Are you affiliated with Twin Harbors State Park ?