Trailer Inns RV Parks

Yakima, Washington

Recent Rate: $35 9/2014

Altoflyfisher

This is an older park located in a very run down area of Yakima. Unfortunately, most of the inhabitants are permanent locals. The site was adequate and reasonably maintained. The shower and bathroom facilities were also clean and well maintained. We also found the staff helpful and friendly. However, we did not feel safe in the surroundings. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

egadrotu

We have stayed in many RV parks in 5 years of fulltime RV travel. This ranks as one of the worst. I am an ER nurse and get a different picture of the town. Many overdose, assault and other drug use patients came from this area, some were found leaning against the fence of the RV park. This area is the worst area of Yakima. They have barbed wire coils and razor wire fence surrounding the park, for good reason, and yet they make you take your pet OUTSIDE of the fence for the pet walk. If they see your dog potty inside the fence they charge you a $25 fee. Note, that is not if you don't clean it up, if your dog potties AT ALL, they charge you. Even after you clean it up. The Wi-Fi is useless. So much so that they told me just to use the Wi-Fi signal from the nearby Best Western. The park manager said that was what they used. The customer service was abysmal. They seemed to not care if we like the place, so long as we strictly obeyed all rules. So, if you don't mind surly employees, high crime and the meth lab in the semi-abandoned hotel just down the road, by all means, this is your place. Otherwise, avoid this place at all costs. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Fifth Wheel.

Onemoretrail

At check-in I was greeted by a friendly staff member. Our site was a paved pull-through with grass on either side and included a table. The large trees between the sites are starting to buckle the pavement which made our site slightly unlevel. While walking around the park I noticed a small playground and a pet walk just outside the fence and along the street sidewalk. The pet walk area must be where the smokers go as well as there were many cigarette butts on the ground. The cable TV had around 30 channels. The park Wi-Fi router was having issues, but I was able to connect through another network. There are many permanent residents at this park. Most of the transients appear to be placed in the front pull-throughs. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

Scimastr

The pull thrus in the front are very close together and small. Pay the extra for the "super premium site". They are wide, long and worth it. There is no satellite access here. The trees are large and the foliage is heavy. They could have sat. access if they'd trim the trees, but that doesn't seem likely. The man on the phone lied to me and said most of the sites were sat. accessible - the residents told me otherwise when we arrived. They do have good cable TV but that doesn't help if one is missing their prime satellite channels which they pay extra for. There isn't a pet area. They say there's a pet walk but it's out the gate on the street. A street parkway is not a pet walk no matter how many signs say it is; it's the public street! It's very quiet here and the manager is helpful. The 2nd access door to the showers and laundry needs to be opened; it is currently sealed. Dragging all one's clothes through the office is annoying and intrusive. The pool is indoors and heated which is very nice. However there are no windows; it's like swimming in the dark dungeon. There are a lot of junky permanent trailers around but no one bothered us. Because of the junky trailers we chose not to leave any valuable RV items sitting outside unattended (grills, surge suppressors, etc). It is primarily a residential park with a small number of RV's going in and out. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

Slkneib

Very shabby. Stayed here because everything else was full. A Walmart parking lot would have better. We pulled into our site which was supposed to a pull through, but our truck and 25 ft trailer were too long. We had only been there about 7 minutes and were leveling and unhooking when they came and insisted we move our truck even though we were not sticking out past the parking for our stall. Then the neighbors came, and with their slide out we could barely use our door and tiny strip of grass. They charge you for electricity though they failed to mention it when we checked in. The park ( well, parking lot really) is full of full time residents that have junk cars and motorhomes. I felt really unsafe and nervous, but we were stuck. They advertise wi-fi but it never worked, and the whole place was creepy! We would NEVER go back here! We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Travel Trailer.

dgjg

Sites are wide and our toad fit in fine, small grassy area in every site with picnic table. Wi-Fi and cell reception was good, satelite was not good because of the trees but they do have limited cable. Managers especially nice and helpful. Park is a little noisy at night and not in a very good neighborhood. There seemed to be a lot of undesirable activities going on in the area. The park has security gates but I did not feel completely safe at night. We would not stay here again. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

Bluewatergp

We are very particular about the campgrounds we stay in with our two older kids. As a general rule, we avoid campgrounds with permanent mobile homes and permanent residents. In a bind, we stayed here. What a pleasant surprise! The managers were extremely helpful, the park was quiet and secure, and the sites were level, clean and wide. Extremely ease access to the highway or to the city centre. Fuel in this part of the city tends to be cheaper as well. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Travel Trailer.

LivinTheDream

There are lots of long term residents here, only a limited number of transient sites. Office staff helpful and efficient, gave directions for entry and exit. Grounds staff very welcoming, started moving border landscaping stones from around tree to assist with our entry into site. This wasn't needed but he indicated that previous user had difficulty with the stones. There is plenty of room for a big rig and toad. There are little patches of grass that is watered and green. We were unable to get DirecTV from our site due to the numerous large trees. The cable service has about 26 channels, no weather channel, only one national 24 hour news channel. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

shovelguy

This is a nice park, with paved roads and gravel sites that are fairly level. We are in a pull through that fits us nicely and is convenient to the exit for when we leave. The Wi-Fi is strong and we chose an end site so our satellite would work, which it does now. The staff was very helpful and walked us out to look at which site would work best for us. The park is close to I-82, but not so close as to have a noise problem. We would camp here again. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Fifth Wheel.

BertD

I booked a reservation online. I asked for a $28/night, 80x35 "premium" back-in site. Other listed alternates were $28/night, 65x22 "deluxe" pull-through sites, $32/night 80x35 "premium" pull-throughs and $40/night 80x40 "super premium" pull-throughs. The web site states that online reservations receive a 10% discount on the first night's stay. I received a call while on the road and was asked if I wanted to "guarantee" my first night. I said yes and was told the cost was $41. I was otherwise occupied and didn't give it much thought and gave them my credit card number. When I checked in I said I wanted to stay two nights (dumb, tired and not thinking things through) and I paid another $41 for a second night. Later, after giving it some thought, I went to the office and asked why I was charged $37/night for a site that was supposed to cost $28/night. I was told that we got one of the more expensive sites because they thought the cheaper sites would be to noisy for us. There was also something about not being able to fit on one of the less expensive sites. They advertise free Wi-Fi. There is Wi-Fi, you just can't get on it. I did happen to get on it once, but as I understand that was nothing but luck. They have a heated indoor pool, but it is only open during office hours. We would NOT stay here ever again. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

leom

This park is OK for a one night stop, but I wouldn't want to stay there longer. The sites are good size, but the whole outside area has kind of a run down look. This may be partially due to the time of year. There are lots of trees, and it may be much nicer in the summer. There are a lot of older RV's that look like they have been there a long time. I will say, however, that the sites are kept clutter free (ie. not a lot of stuff piled around and under the RV's.) There doesn't seem to be much shopping in the surrounding area. The staff are very friendly. We would probably not stay here again. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

Onemoretrail

Access and parks roads old pavement with some heaves and pot holes. Site was an unlevel paved pull-through. Access to water was a below ground tap that made it difficult to attach water filter. Cable TV channels extensive and only a few being blurry or snowy. Wi-Fi wasn't strong enough to use my Skype phone connection, but good enough for e-mail. Tall mature trees were shedding lots of leaves at the time and it didn't appear maintenance was picking them up. For an overnight stay it was okay, but I wouldn't stay any longer. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Motorhome.

binblesst

Our experience in this park was the worst we ever experienced. The park is located in the center of a drug infested area. Most of the tenants here seem to have lived here for decades and most appear to be either alcoholics or daily drug users if not both. We felt very unsafe at all times. We had personal belongings stolen, and to make matters worse, the owner/management were racist. They did everything possible to hold onto the $100 deposit we had to give upon check in. Be aware of the fact that they inaccurately charge for electric; be sure to take note of your meter reading upon check in and check out. Your numbers will be slightly lower than their readings. I would suggest you avoid this park all together. It's not actually an RV park but more of a trailer park. We will never stay here again...Never! We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Fifth Wheel.

Fred1609

This is an older but well maintained RV park with large pull through sites. The park has lots of mature shade trees which help with the hot weather. The staff was very friendly. The Wi-Fi was very good. There is easy access into and out off the park during the day. We stayed here one day in a fifth wheel while our truck was being repaired. The staff allowed us to leave later in the afternoon when our truck was repaired. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Fifth Wheel.

Grover48

We had a reservation and were assigned a space when we arrived. No escort to the site. There was someone in our assigned site when we pulled up. 30 minutes later, a walk with the manager to talk to the person in the site, and we were assigned another site. While waiting in the office to straighten out the mix-up, another camper had a similar problem. He had been assigned a back in space and his trailer stuck 3 feet out into the road. There were no more sites were available at the price I had paid so I spent another $5 for a bigger site. The non-premium sites are minimal in width for big rigs, we have 4 slides so I was glad to have the bigger site. The site was level, no blocks needed. WPS were all easy to get to and hook up. The pet area is just a grass strip outside of the park fence, along the street. The park was quiet for us. I would stay here again, but would reserve a premium site. We camped at Trailer Inns RV Parks in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Trailer Inns RV Parks?