Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Milton, West Virginia

290 Fox Fire Road
Milton, West Virginia 25541

• Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Huntington / Fox Fire KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $73.00

I wish I could use some of the staffs names, this KOA is a hidden jewel we stayed in a deluxe patio sight, it had rained before we arrived, and you could get in and out with no trouble. The staff was OUTSTANDING they checked on us 3 times to make sure our Sat was working, they even came by and took a letter from us to be mailed, very easy to get around, then turn to get in a wild just take your time, if we are ever back it the area we will stay here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Great park 4 miles to town was here during the Pumpkin festival

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed three nights because of Hurricane Florence. It happened to be KOA member appreciation weekend so we got one night free. Extremely nice park. Level site, helpful staff and excellent cable TV. The wifi, however, came and went depending of the time of day. Restrooms were very clean. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

Over night stay, not really big rig friendly, but doable. Have stayed here before. Dirt and gravel pad, mowing grass right next to our motorhome. Seems that would of been done prior to our arrival. Good power, water, sewer. Restaurants, mall, Walmart about 15 minutes away. Not a destination campground in my mind, but works for over night stop. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

I am picky about how I am treated when I check in and counter staff was not so nice.The lady earlier in the day by phone was super nice, but guess her shift ended. Definitely not a resort but okay for overnight stay. Packed in tight. Rain the day before left a lot of mud, all sites need new gravel. Fairly level pull through. Considering how close we were, other campers were courteous and not too loud. Grandkids swam in the pond, but wondered about the safety of the water. Probably wouldn't stop here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $68.00

Ah, KOAs - not the love of my life. First impression - one person handling check-ins and answering the phone. I waited at least 10 minutes to be helped. The woman did apologize but, come on, one person?? Our KOA membership had expired a couple weeks previous, and we didn't renew because we are staying in private campgrounds the next few months. I had accumulated quite a lot of points and wanted to use some for this stay. No can do. Even if I renewed the membership right then the points "probably" would not be available. They'll take my $$ right away but not give me access to points earned? Sigh. We had to reserve a "deluxe" site because the standard sites were too short. All the sites are close together. Our site was mostly grass with a bit of gravel. It was narrow and unlevel side to side. The best part was the broken concrete pad for outdoor seating that we missed by a hair hitting our tires. This while also trying to dodge the sewer connection on the opposite side. The only thing "deluxe" about the site was a firepit, a dirty grill, and poly furniture that included a swing and high table and chairs. The WII FI was hit or miss and so we used our hotspot. Lots of noise from Hwy 64 and train whistles as well. Directv satellite worked fine in our site as there were no trees. Verizon was anywhere from 1x to 4g depending on where you were standing. Most definitely not worth the price tag. You definitely want to approach from the west with a big rig as coming east involves a tight turn. They should advertise this loudly on their website. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $61.00

Easy access from the interstate and very clean. The sites were really close together though. If you weren't in a premium patio site, or a back-up site along the perimeter, they put two campers per site, oriented back to back and offset so that you shared common space in between. They had a pond with a nice and safe beach for swimming and a cute playground. The road noise from I-64 was loud but we had our A/C on at night so didn't hear it much. If you're coming in on Rt 60 from the east, there's a hairpin turn to the right to get onto the road to the campground so take it wide. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Travel trailers and fifth wheels be aware - even though the pull-thru sites are very long there is a good chance you will be required to disconnect from your tow vehicle and park it behind your trailer due to their staggered arrangement. We observed that probably 75% of the trailers parked in pull-thru spots had to have the tow vehicle parked behind the trailer. This was disappointing and frustrating for us on our overnight stay, as we did not want to spend time connecting / disconnecting. With that said, the park was very clean and well-kept. The restrooms and showers were clean. The staff I interacted with were very nice (but because they were full they were unable to move me to a site where I could stay connected for the night). We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

pull-thru 30 amp

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

This is a very family oriented KOA with plenty of activities from a pond with a beach to peddle cars. It would be great for families looking for a fun weekend with the kids. It is clean and well kept, has a nice dog park, great friendly staff, and can be navigated by a big rig (though not that easily in places). Those are the strengths of this park. Now for the weaknesses 1 - If coming in with a big rig you have to come in from the west (Barboursville) since the turn is to tight from the east (Milton). 2 - It is easy to miss the entrance from the west like I nearly did, got it at the last second 3 - Most of the sites are on a hillside, gravel, and not level side to side 4 - Very tight and close together sites like some of the closest that I have been in at a KOA (and I have been in some tight KOAs) 5 - They place you at the very front of the pad so you have to unhook, like the pin box is almost in the street in front of the pad. They do this so you won't knock slides with your neighbors and look directly from your front door into their front door and share a picnic table with your neighbor. 6 - This placement puts your water, sewer, and cable hookups at the rear of your rig and requires an extension or longer cords/hoses for all. 7 - Lastly, the interstate noise is loud outside. I usually don't complain but this is louder than what I usually can stand. It wasn't bad for a one night stop and would be great for families. Not someplace that I would stay for days. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Between Milton and Barboursville with plenty of restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

As others have said this is a very nice campground for several reasons. Very friendly staff, escort to your site. Sites are clean and well cared for. Security is great. Showers are nothing like I have ever seen in a campground before. There are four for the whole campground. Each shower comes with sink and toilet all to yourself. Very clean and the size of my bedroom at home! I never had trouble using them, no line even though the campground was full by the end of the day. Laundry was clean as well. Park has a small dog off leash area. No pool but has a pond. It was a bit muddy and I am not at all sure I would allow my children to swim in it without checking on water quality. Park rules are adhered to by seasonals which are many, as well as those of us just here for a few days. We chose a grass and gravel site with no cable which was shaded and a nice distance between the next rig. Site was just long enough for our trailer and had to park the truck sideways behind it. The one thing that makes it attractive ( just off I- 64) also makes it unattractive for the constant road noise. All in all, a nice, well run campground. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Visited Huntington, interesting area for train lovers and geocachers. Missed the glass company but perhaps the next time.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Safe, clean park. Follow the directions on the website as the turn into the park would be a bit difficult with a larger rig if you are coming from the wrong way. Decent wifi, small beach at the pond. Road noise could be an issue if you like to sleep with windows open. At&t service good. Some of the smaller sites are pretty close together. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

Older park and nicely kept. Friendly staff with fast check in. Power problem on site 38 and surge protector would not allow power to coach. Reported problem and staff tried changing breaker and plug. Didn't know if they could move me as they continued to work. Finally after a couple of hours moved me to site 10 and no more issues. Apparently site 38 has known power problems to staff. For big rigs turning onto Fox Fire Rd westbound requires entering eastbound lane due to sharp right hand turn. We were here overnight and despite the issues would stay here again. Park grounds are maintained well and staff is super friendly. Pull thru site was long enough to stay hooked up with towed. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Nice KOA with very friendly and helpful people. Many amenities including swimming beach and fishing. Pull through and back in level gravel/grass full hook up 30/50 amp sites. As usual in a KOA sites are crammed in together but okay. Store on site with good WIFI and cell service. If coming from East there is an impossible right turn into the campground if you are in a big rig. Better to go 5 miles past on Interstate and come back. Would stay here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Tour the Capitol in Charleston. Very nice!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $44.00

One night stay while traveling. We tow a 33 ft travel trailer with a pickup, and did not want to unhitch for the night, which we stated when making the reservation. We were led to our site and it was perfect. Pretty level and we had room to spare! Though some spaces look a bit tight, they were not packed in like sardines! Pretty park, with some wonderful amenities for kids at their beach area an in the pond, (dock, floating trampoline, some fun stuff). Great staff. I would stay here again. If we were traveling with kids, I would make the stay longer to enjoy everything they offer! We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $42.00

Great overnight stay. Long pullthru site was level with grass and gravel. It did get muddy from the rain but that's to be expected. We had a nice wide site due to a tree next to us. Some sites look tighter than others. Utilities are in the middle. Nice small dog park and lots of space to walk the dogs. Decent free wifi and cable. Office staff were so helpful. It's an older KOA with plenty of long term and permanent residents but the park looked like it was managed well. We'd stop here again. Please note: Entrance from Hwy 60 into Fox Fire Rd is a right 180 turn (very sharp right turn) so give yourself plenty of room. Great place to stay overnight. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $43.00

This KOA is at a very convenient point along our route back from North Carolina and we have stopped several times. The staff was very friendly, check-in was smooth and we were lead quickly to our site (as is the KOA way). Wish we good say lots of good stuff about the campground beyond that but we cannot. In our experience, the campground is older and is beginning to show signs of wear. Most, if not all sites are gravel/dirt. As a consequence when it rains, sites and roads are muddy. Some of the occupants appear longer term and the sites are a bit cluttered. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Are you affiliated with Huntington / Fox Fire KOA ?