Brodhead, Wisconsin

Brodhead, Wisconsin

N3201 Crazy Horse Ln
Brodhead, Wisconsin 53520

Elevation: 788' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Phone Phone yes
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $47.00

We traveled from MN to visit relatives and attend the Monroe Balloon Rally (we stayed 6/16 - 6/19). This was the closet campground I could find via WACO. The sites are nice BUT when I booked a site via web page map it did NOT mention a hill, so I thought I was booking a site close to bathrooms and pool since there were no full hookup sites left when I booked the middle of May. Also charging a per person per day "Activity Fee" to use the pool is outrageous. There were 3 of us and a 8 month old child. I told them we were only going to use the pool and nothing else. (We only used the pool once the entire time we were there.) The bathrooms were "OK" but the showers were bad (no water pressure even on Monday morning). The Fathers Day breakfast was a nice event (the only event we attended while camping there). They should charge a fee for the activities and NOT the swimming pool. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Travel Trailer.

They charge a per person per night "Activity Fee" for pool, mini golf, tubing, etc.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $51.00

This was our first time here, and although the pricing structure is odd, it was worth the extra $$. In addition to the site fee, there is a per person fee, the $51 is the base price and goes up from there. We took advantage of the free mini-golf (course needs work), tubing and kayaking all equipment included in your per person fee. Camp was well kept, large sites, staff was personable and helpful. Going back next month! We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $30.00

My husband and I spend our summers at Crazy Horse and we loved it. We have a permanent spot there from April to Oct and then we head to our home in Texas for the winter. Last winter while our home was being built, we stayed in our motor home in Van Horn at the KOA, which was great, but we are looking forward to Crazy Horse for the summer. After 10 years of camping there, we have a lot of friends there and its a very family orientated park, lots of things for the kids and grandkids to do, as well as tubing and canoeing on the river. Monroe and Janesville are close and fun places to go to shop or eat. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $50.00

Downside: Only ten 50 amp full hookup sites, the rest are electric only. The dump station, right across from us, had a water hose to flush your sewer pipe, and another with potable water, to fill your tank. However, everyone, including the staff honey wagon, used the potable water hose to flush their sewer hose. Most put the hose into the end of their sewer hose. Otherwise, it's a great park for kids. More stuff to do than you can imagine. Just arrive with a full fresh water tank! Lots of grass, shade trees, float trips on the Sugar river. Lots of staff and LOTS of kids! We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $50.00

I come here quite a bit we have a close friend with a permanent site. The campground is very clean and kid oriented. Golf carts have to stop at 10pm, that is also when quiet time begins. They do have a wrist band policy that is quite ridiculous. Along with having to pay to camp, you have to purchase a wrist band for everyone on the family. Even if you don't plan on using any of the amenities. You can also not bring in any outside fire wood (so they say) instead they want you to buy a little bundle from them for $5. That's also a rip off. It's definitely a high priced campground. The pool is nothing special, but the jumping pillow is a lot of fun. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $45.00

Park is very family oriented. Tons of kids running around, so your kids not finding someone to play with is almost impossible. They have a store and serve food. Has lots of activities for the kids, a driving range, mini golf, jumping pillow, peddle cars, etc. My kids loved it. Internet is fast and available. My only complaints are: The sewer hook up port on my full hook up lot was raised, so I had to hold my sewer line up to dump. I did not have water for a day because the guy next to me took out his tap, not really the campgrounds fault but they should have brought a plumber in faster. I didn't like how kids continuously walk through the campsites. My site was also off level to the point my jacks raised the front wheels of my MH off the ground. I think a little attention in this area could help my rating. In any case my kids loved this campground. If they are happy, I'm happy. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $45.00

This is an excellent RV park for family's. I like the all included price for the many extras offered, including the tubing on the Sugar River. Showers are OK, but could be updated, and two are not enough for this size. We were very impressed, and will return again in the fall. However, the young staff are very friendly and helpful, but the older ones are not. They definitely need some customer service tune ups. Especially the old lady on days in the front office. She is downright rude. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $45.00

We read the reviews about this campground and either they hired an entirely new staff, or they took the previous negative reviews seriously. The staff was very friendly and really went out of their way to show us a good time. We stayed here Saturday through Monday. It is truly a kid's paradise, actually we would have had just as much fun even if we didn't bring any kids along. The river alone makes for an enjoyable time. A note about the river, however, this river has some rapids so just make sure you are prepared to do some dodging and weaving to avoid overhanging branches, etc. I loved everything about this campground: from the reasonable prices in the little store, to the DJ, to the free pedal bikes, mini golf. You name it, this place has it. We will be back! We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $48.00

This could be a very nice campground with lots for the kids to do and big sites, but the rude staff ruin your whole stay. Usually at campgrounds the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and it is just the opposite here. I could not believe the rudeness of the office staff, and usually for no reason at all. They have strict, ridiculous rules for everything and seem to make them up as they go along. They nickel and dime you for everything, surprised they didn't charge to use the bathroom. The river was closed on the Saturday we were here because of the water level, which I understand. Yet Sunday the water level was right where it always is and they still refused to allow us on the river. Yet, they were unwilling to refund our "resort fee" money, even though we only went for the tubing and never even put on our bracelets to use any of their other activities. We basically paid an extra $70 for absolutely nothing. The only answer we got from the crabby old lady in the office was, "Me arguing with you is not going to change our rules." Very unprofessional, very rude, went out of their way to "pick." If you are looking to have a fun, relaxing camping trip: look elsewhere!!!! We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $47.00

I have mixed reviews about this campground. This was our first camping experience as a family (of four) and we had borrowed someone's pop-up camper. The good- we stayed right on the river. The view first thing in the morning was very peaceful and beautiful. We enjoyed the all-inclusive tubing on the river, the concert on Saturday night, the pool and miniature golf. The bathhouse (women's at least) was fair. There were only 3 toilet stalls and 2 or 3 showers for the entire campground. We waited in line for over 20 minutes to take a shower at 4pm on Saturday. It was about as clean as I would expect for it to be so busy. For someone with two smaller kids (twin 5 yr olds), they were NOT fond of the random spiders or flies in the bath house, but it was their first experience. I was happy to have a porta-potty closer to our site, and it was nice (as nice can be for a porta) because it was clean and smelled ok the first two days. By the end of the weekend, it desperately needed emptying, so I kept opting for the long climb to the bathroom at the main entrance. It would have been a little better in my opinion if the porta was a handicap size just from having two children that refused to go in alone. You can barely fit one adult in there, let alone an adult and child together. Plus, there is no lighting at night, so you'd better come prepared with a friend to hold the door and flashlight, or learn to go in the dark. The tubing was fun, but I generally wasn't excited about the pool. It was very cloudy, which I am assuming is the water in general in the area, as the friends we camped with had a trailer and said the water coming out of the pipes was cloudy (not dirty) as well. But for a pool to be so cloudy, was a big turn off for swimming. The mini golf was under-maintained (carpet was bumpy, outdated, and poorly constructed, but it was "free" so beggars can't be choosey I suppose. The golf range was packed at all hours of the day/evening and if you jump on the pillow, be sure not to go in the heat of the day- one of the kids came down screaming from being burnt on the pillow. The staff was friendly at the desk, but the one gentleman at the gate wasn't so pleasant. Overall, I have mixed feelings, and not sure if I would return. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $45.00

The park is very clean and kid friendly. There are a lot of activities to keep everyone occupied. We had 2 large sites (806 & 805). They were very deep and wide and were great for our 38' Motorhomes. Wi-fi worked well. The store was well stocked. Bathhouses were clean. The office staff was not very friendly. Everything at this campground is EXTRA. If you did research on their website, you can see that there is a charge for everything. They best way to go is to buy the wristband ($25.00) for the kids. It was the best value. Somethings are still extra, but the $25 is worth it. The reason for the 8 out of 10 is the numbrt of rules. This place is loaded with them. The couple we were with brought their Gator (6 wheeler). We used it once and were told that we couldn't use it by a staff member. We asked why and were told that "he didn't make the rules, just enforced them." I am not sure how our gator is different then a 4 wheeler, a scooter, a dirt bike or a golf cart that were on the road way. If they have rules, they need to be for everyone. We were not out joy riding. We took a trip down the street to the store on site for some firewood (supporting them instead of buying it outside the campground). Overall, this is a very nice place. I don't think we would return, just because everything is an extra and it starts to really add up. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $35.00

Well what can I say. We stayed here for 5 days, 806 and 807. I`ll have to agree with most others, it`s an OK campground with grouchy people running it. It is in need of lots of updating, the store has seen better days: I hope! They have a small heated pool which was nice for the week (Sun-Thurs). I can`t imagine how crowded it would be on a busy weekend. Their mini golf was OK, but hardly worth paying for. We watched the staff several times stop and tell people what they can`t do. They even went so far as to tell a group of kids playing ball in a field that it was time to stop playing (8:00pm)? One of the kids said, "It`s not quiet time yet!" I just smiled and watch the guy drive away. It would be much easier if they just told you what you could do. If they put as much effort in being nice to the guests as they do being grouchy they could have a decent place! Oh yeah, they do have quite a few permanent sites! Not seasonals, but permanent spots. It kind of takes away from the campground atmosphere. They did say they are trying to get rid of them, though. They did pull out a run down 80 foot single wide when we were here. All in all, this could be a nice campground with lots of updating and some good people skills, or new owners. We would go back for a short weekend, maybe! We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $45.00

Very nice park but very busy with family activities. Don't look for quiet here. Lot's for kids to do. Great ice cream bar in the store. Wifi and tv reception very good especially near the hotspot. About 14 miles from the cheese factories and stores in Monroe. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $40.00

If your looking for fun and nice staff DON"T GO HERE We had a large group for 5 days and were really the only group there. They yelled at us for having fun. We were told we trampled the grass,(guess we were suppose to camp on the gravel road) got mud on the golf carts (it rained) they sure could take our money for 12 sites, ice etc from the store. Ran into people store owners from the town they said they would never stay there too crabby. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $35.00

This is a nice campground if you're a social camper. All of the sites are VERY close together. There are no trees between any of the sites. The amenities were great. I highly recommend the tube ride down the river. The kids had a great time. They had movie night on Saturday. The bathrooms were somewhat updated compared to past reviews and staff was friendly. We won't come here again only because we're private campers, but it was nice the time we were there. We camped at Crazy Horse Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Crazy Horse Campground ?