Circle R Campground

Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Sites: 250+
Recent Rate: $42 8/2014

LowesTravels

Pretty nasty place, and terribly overpriced. The site was fairly level, which is a good thing since my jacks would have sunk out of sight in the mud had I used them. The bathroom was so old and run down that I didn't even bother to look at the showers. They had recently placed some gravel over the mud at our site. Result: muddy gravel! Our motorhome tires got a nice coating of mud as we pulled in. My impression of reading reviews of parks in the Oshkosh area is that there don't seem to be many good ones - and I'm not sure why not. Anyway, we will definitely not be coming back to this one! We camped at Circle R Campground in a Motorhome.

glenthompson

Campground isn't much to look at as it's just set in some farmland. Sites are either grass or gravel, reasonably wide and level, but a little short. If crowded it might be a little tight for larger rigs. Power was a major problem when we were there. It wasn't crowded but my voltage would drop very low when my AC turned on. On a few occasions it caused my Progressive protection to cut out the power. I had to run my generator in order to cook dinner in the microwave. There was supposed to be cable TV but our site didn't have hookup for it. Didn't matter as there was good over the air TV as well as a clear shot for satellite. Wi-Fi didn't have very good range but I was able to get it to work with a directional antenna. Speed was acceptable. Small playground for kids but not much else there or nearby. We stayed here one night to check it out with thoughts of staying here for Airventure. We camped at Circle R Campground in a Motorhome.

stevebotts

To review this campground, I will just say what we considered the positives and negatives. The positives: A great location for visiting the area, nice level, pull through, full hookup site with a shade tree. The negatives: Bathroom had two flush toilets for over 250 sites. Others were either portable or pit toilets. There were two showers for women and two for men. We had full hookup so did not use either of these but I did check them out and they were moderately clean. Most of the sites were 15 amp, we had one of the few 30 amp sites. We would not stay in this campground again. We camped at Circle R Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

eaf14131

Stayed here for EAA Airventure. Shady spots are mostly for seasonals. Balance of CG open. Roads packed gravel, dusty. The good: Sites are large. Room for awnings/slides. And in the area I was in, slightly downhill. Sites in this area were grassy ans mowed. The store is pretty well stocked with convenience items. Although no transient sewer sites that I saw, there is a free dump station. There is a playground for the little ones. For the most part it is quiet. The bad: Showers are old, in need of updating. They were also inconvenient to most of the campsite. Washrooms were old and moderately dirty. There are some very old portable toilets scattered about, Didn't check them. Speed limit is 5 mph, but not enforced. Consequently, a lot of dust as some cars went by at 20/25 mph. Overall, the best thing about this place is that it is one of the closest to the Airventure ground. 2 2/4 miles to the nearest gate. The price is right I would stay here for Airventure again, but not for anything else. We camped at Circle R Campground in a Motorhome.

jliferjr

We stayed a week during EAA airventure this year. No AC allowed this week as campground is filled to capacity. this was detractor as temps were high several days. Site was entirely shaded with full hookup. Water extremely hard with iron. Not campground fault, just the water. Excellent store on location, laundry is fair at best. Had to back in site but had full hookup rather than just power. Folks operating are very nice and outgoing. Will stay here again. We camped at Circle R Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Circle R Campground?