Country House Motel & R V Park

Spooner, Wisconsin

Recent Rate: $20 5/2011

Red Wolf Deux

We got a significant AAA discount here. We were the only unit here. Very quiet. The owners were very friendly and helpful. There's a good laundromat right next door and a large grocery store just across the street. A great place for an overnight. The pull-through sites are all at a significant angle and the gravel is soft, which makes blocking difficult. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

rpj

As a full timer I prefer parks like this. I found the lady in the office was quite pleasant. I find that if you are nice to people, they reciprocate. I did mention the fact that they no longer were Passport America and she told me why. I can see her point. She related that PA members, from her experience, were very rude people that wanted as much as they could get for a discounted rate so I would take the comments listed by others here with tongue in cheek. She further added that she didn't think it was warranted and dropped the membership. I'd stay here again gladly. It;s a nice little CG, has an indoor pool and it's QUIET. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

airstreamingypsy

I walked into the office and said I have Passport America... the wife took my card and the husband snarled that he was going to drop PA. I asked why and he proceeded to whine and gripe about all the PA members whining and griping to him. He said he didn't make any money off them. I asked why not since I was paying him 15.00 and would probably use $1.00 worth of electric. (I didn't need heat or air) The wife then asked me for 18.00. I asked if they raised their prices because it says 15.00 in the book she said the extra is for electricity. I said oh, it says the extra is only for heat and air. She grabbed a page she printed out and I was right... she charged me the 18.00 anyway. I never lost my temper, never even argued... but the guy was funny telling me that people were a pain... he was the pain. I should have just left but it was rainy and I just wanted to settle in someplace. I drove around back... it's not worth any more than 18.00 without the discount. It's just parking and hook ups, not really a campground at all. It is convenient to a grocery store, laundromat & downtown though. In 10 years of fulltiming, this experience was a first! We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Travel Trailer.

nmmotorhome

This campground is behind a motel, and is better than we expected, as often these camps are neglected, this one is clean and looks nice. There is a fish hatchery next to it, and Osprey and an Eagle were seen catching fish there. A lot of shopping stores are across and down the street. The campground interior roads are OK gravel and the sites have grass, some have trees. If you need satellite TV ask for an open site, we were able to receive only 1 PBS station over the air. Some sites would be hard to level the rig in and some have side by side utilities which isn't desirable. There are no sewer sites but there is a dump station. We had a 50 amp site in the open and it was fine. The wifi worked well. There is an indoor pool. We would stay here again. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

kansaskamper

Is close to grocery store, laundry, and dollar store with easy access to camp sites. New owners were very helpful however, they did not disclose that there was a $7.00 dump fee if you stayed less than 3 nights. In all of our camping days this is unheard of. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

kansaskamper

Campground under new management as of the 1st of the year. They were very friendly and helpful. Sites were clean and well kept. We only stayed 1 night but would definitely stay here again. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

sierramom

This is a motel with a campground behind it. The sites are shaded and grassy but basic. The rest rooms are the ones for the indoor pool. They're very nice--two handicapped-accessible washrooms with showers--and they were immaculate. The indoor pool wasn't open the night we were there (there might be an extra charge for it). It's along a highway, so there was some road noise. The campground itself was very quiet, however. There's a supermarket and gas station right across the street, and a fairgrounds behind it. We camped at Country House Motel & R V Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Country House Motel & R V Park?