9 Excellent

Tomahawk, Wisconsin

N9350 Highway H
Tomahawk, Wisconsin 54487

Recent Rate: $24 9/2006

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $24.00

This was our first trip in our first motorhome. It was the best experience. The hosts were very friendly and helpful (as were the other guests). Nice semi-private areas to park with lots of trees, I did not feel like I was at a campground, but in a private area. The area was clean, however the roads are gravel, we manuvered our almost 40' trailer around just fine. Already made reservations for next year. We camped at Birkensee Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $26.00

I stayed at this campground over the 4th of July, 2005. Oh man, this is one campground I will never visit again. The bathrooms were almost non existent. I stayed down in Mosquito Swamp and my family and I had to hike up a hill to go to the 2 stall bathroom and shower. Which my wife never did get a warm shower for her money. In fact it was difficult to get the quarters to work. The male side: well someone must have imbibed to much in the bar (on site) and made a mess of one of the 2 stalls and the walls. It was still there the next day. It finally was cleaned later that day. The pool is warm, but hazardous, it is falling apart. Bricks are missing and the chemicals are very strong. Maintenance has a lot to be desired in this campground. Looks like what was originally built has never been maintined or upgraded. Exterior safety lighting is limited to Christmas tree lights, however, the bar is nicely decorated. Maybe the owners should invest some of the money being spent there in upkeep/maintenance. It is lovely here but the deterioration takes away from the beauty of the location. If had not been for the seasonal campers and their assistance, like providing firewood and a good time this holiday weekend would have been a bust. As my family and I walked around you could tell the sites of the seasonals. We stopped and talked to several and asked who maintained their sites with flowers, etc. The response being they did. At least someone cares. The owner should be grateful for their help it helps detract from the shabbiness. The playground is nice but it had animal waste in the sandbox, my children had to watch when they played there. Unfortunately there is not much good to say about this campground. Understanding this is a family campground and that quiet time is 11 pm, the owner did not need to come to us prior to that time and tell us we were being too loud. We had just all returned from the campground firework display and were dealing with children that were excited. Voices may have been at a higher pitch. For that we aplogize to any fellow camper we disturbed, but when he, the owner, approached us it was prior to quiet time and he used little tact. The owner has some issues to resolve, including his personality. When I stated my opinion he let us know if we didn't like it go somewhere else. Well I do believe I will take him up on his offer. We camped at Birkensee Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Birkensee Resort?