Indian Campground & RV Park

Buffalo, Wyoming

660 E Hart St
Buffalo, Wyoming 82834

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Indian Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

I can't believe I'm at the same RV park that other's rated so high. I've always counted on the accuracy of RVParksReview, but this time, I am so disappointed. The place is an old, run-down RV park that is dirty and full of gnats. The roads are dirt. The RV sites are dirt.

It has a very run-down appearance. I will say that it was probably a very nice place a few years ago and the office is nice. But now it's grounds "tired" looking and in desparate need of grounds maintenance. It rained a little while we were there and the mud puddles were huge and everywhere. It's just an old, tired, RV Park.

I also experienced other "less than desirable" things...like bugs. There were so many gnats that I couldn't sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. Within two minutes, you're covered in gnats. In fact, my wife took a picture of my shirt covered in gnats so that they could see that I wasn't trying to be a jerk. They just smiled.

I made reservations months ago. Confirmed my reservation a few days before arriving. Got here and they couldn't find it. They got me in, no problem as they were less than 1/4 full, but they over billed me. When I asked why, they just said "whoops" and then got an attitude with me and put me in the worsted bug infested part of the park. It was so covered in gnats during the setup of my rig, I quit to see if I could go to another site. I was nice, but I got a lot of attitude from the man signing me in so he moved me...to the dumpsters, by the freeway, next to the dog park. I feel like telling everybody that I see entering the park to turn around.

Between the flurry of gnats, run down park, and an owner with a bad attitude, there is no way I can recommend this park to anybody. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

c8

The old historic town is wonderful.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $44.00

Tall trees, level sites, good water, electric, WiFi, Verizon service. We were overnighting and they managed to squeeze us in. There is a propane filling station on site, good recycling center and a Dash Inn Restaurant within walking distance. EXCELLENT overnight CG. Nice office folks and a small store if you need something. One warning: the well-maintained, swimming pool is a refurbished diving pool...the shallow end 2 feet deep and about 25% of the pool. From the safety rope the pool bottom drops at a slick, sharp 45% angle into eight feet of water. Non-swimmers BEWARE; parents, watch your kiddos. We would stay there again. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

We've stayed here twice before and will continue to in the future. Great owners, always helpful and informative. Check-in was the best of most all campgrounds we've stayed. Spouse went in to pay and staff member came out to direct me to site so we could get in quickly to set up. That was a first. Stayed next to pool and some very bright outdoor lighting which was good. Pool traffic done by 9 pm so, all good. Site was very shady which helped for the temp outside. Had an issue with our batteries and found a local rv repair place which switched out our Interstate bats for free, they were only 6 months old. Turned a potential bad day into a great one. Next to interstate but traffic noise was minimal. Camp store was very cool with a little of everything. City of Buffalo is very Victorian and is very clean. Stay here. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Several good restaurants and service stations. Nice car/rv wash across the street for small to mid size units.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. Check-in was fast and the person checking us in had many suggestions for things to do. We had a FHU pull through which was plenty long for our TT plus tow vehicle. Power passed all safety checks. The back in sites were across from us and looked plenty wide to accommodate RVs and tow vehicles. The site was very level and wide. There was a picnic table at each site also. There are a lot of trees but they all seemed to be cut so that rigs would not hit branches. The main building had bathrooms and a laundry room that was clean and looked nice. The gift shop had a lot to offer as well. The pool was used by many and could get loud at times but not enough to be an issue. It is located just off the freeway but we could not hear the traffic inside the trailer. Outside you could hear it but it was not enough to distract from conversation. We feel it was a very nice place and we will be back sometime to further explore the area. It is a suitable base for exploring the Big Horns and Bozeman Trail. There is a lot of history in the area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

E8

Drive to Tensleep was very nice. Polo in Big Horn in July and August on Saturdays (really I serious it was great to watch they were professionals).

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

Very nice owners and very customer oriented. We had a nice FHU site on end of row under large trees for shade. Pool was terrific around 10:00 when no one else was in it. We have stayed there before and certainly will again. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

C-8

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

We just stayed here one night while on our way to South Dakota but we definitely could have stayed longer. This RV park is very well maintained and has a nice cozy feeling to it. The owners were very accommodating and extremely nice!! The park has lots of mature trees, great for providing lots of shade. I believe the owner also has some of his photography work for sale in the gift shop on the premises, We will stay here again when we are in the area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $41.00

Very friendly people. Laundry is in the office but is open 24 hours. Good machines. Very spacious park with a great back area for a dog run. If it wasn't for the cotton wood blowing like crazy, we would have stayed longer. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

E5

You need a toad to get around to shop and eat.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Very close to I25. Entrance is easy to miss - a concrete driveway between Dash In Restaurant and Roadway Inn. Be careful because much of the town has 30 and 20 MPH restrictions. Very pleasing looking campground. Sites are gravel with tall trees providing shade with no low branches. We had a configured pull through - which could also be two smaller back-ins. Check in was easy and pleasant. We would stay here again. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Downtown Buffalo is a very cute town. Sports Loure (rented bikes here for the Clear Creek Trail); Occidental Hotel (tours 12-2); Jim Gatchell Museum. Ed's Body Shop did a great job for what we needed. Drive to Ten Sleeps Town (1 hour) which is a nice small old town with a few shops, splash pad, ice cream and merchandise. The drive (Cloud Peak Skyway) crosses a pass at 9,666 feet and has wonderful scenery. For those interested in earth science, there is a series of markers pointing out the nature of the geology of the area, complete with formation names and dates of when those formations were laid down.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

Nice, quiet park near I90, but almost no road noise. Buffalo is a small town, traffic is almost non-existent. We had plenty of length for our 35ft & tow car, and could put our awnings out. Spaces were pretty level. Good steakhouse across the street, nice historic downtown area, recommend the area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B row

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $42.00

Not much I can say about this park as we arrived about 3:30 and are only here for the night. The owner was very friendly and was kind enough to place us out back in site #K3 so we could get our satellite. This park is loaded with large trees, lots of shade if this is what you like. The road to the back of the park is very narrow be careful making the turns around the trees. The sites and road are gravel with strips of grass between each site. They also have a picnic table. They have full hook-ups but we only used their power as the water was shut off in the back sites for the Winter season. . We would come back if we were ever in this area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

K-3

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Staff friendly. Winding, narrow, somewhat rough interior roads. We almost couldn't make the last turn into the weird site we were assigned. Our site, K7, angled in towards site K6. We were so close to them on the driver side it rendered their picnic table useless. Plus they couldn't extend their awning. There was loads of yard space on the passenger side. The site was fairly level but not enough to use the air levelers so we used the jacks. The WII FI is unusable. You can connect to the WII FI but you can't get on the internet. Directv satellite worked fine. Verizon 4g 3 bars. We heard traffic noise all night long - maybe the satellite friendly sites are more susceptible but it was extremely intrusive. We would not stay here again. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

K7

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

This park is a good place for a night or two. The host was very nice. They escort you to the site. The sites up front are shaded. The sites in the back are not which makes them satellite friendly. They have a nice pool. The laundry room is in the office. Several machines are available. The park is quiet despite the fact it is right off of I 25. There is some grass between the sites & along the road ways. They have a dog park but it was way in the back & I didn't walk back there to check it out. There is cable & WI Fi. We were able to negotiate the turns to park our 41 foot motorhome & also figured out a way out but I watched another motorhome that was parked in a site facing another direction & he had difficulty getting out at a couple of different points. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

K6

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Bozeman Steak House steaks not flavorful. Baked potato under cooked. Minestrone soup good. Prices high. Sunday Pizza Hut. Large parking lot almost full. Grandparents with grandchildren. Place was just clearing out. Employees were really moving to clean tables (vacuum too), refill buffet, wait tables, carryout. Just getting handle on it when loaded bus pulled in. Employee jokingly said she quit. Luckily they went next door to Subway. Food was very good. Cost 1/5 of steak house.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

Very nice park, staff were wonderful. Enjoyed the pool. Water pressure was a little low. Couldn't put our patio mat on the grass due to drought stricken area, which we totally understand. Very shaded park. Sites were a little tight but we managed in our 42' 5th wheel. Would definitely recommend this campground and will stay here again if in the area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

E-1

Be sure to check out downtown Buffalo. They have a museum that is pretty cool and don't miss the Occidental Hotel. They give tours. Very much worth the price. There is a chamber of commerce right across from the museum. Wonderful staff and very helpful!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

Nice park for a short stay. Our site was fairly level with grass in between sites and lots of mature trees, which may interfere with satellite reception. Close to the Interstate but the trees help block the noise. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $43.00

Cute little park right in Buffalo. We stayed 2 nights just to rest and catch up on things. Both of us recovering from a cold, and this quiet park was perfect. All gravel with grass between sites. Easy to navigate. Very close to I90 but road noise didn't bother us. Owners very helpful. Would definitely stay again when in the area. We camped at Indian Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B7

Rolling Coals good bbq.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Indian Campground & RV Park ?