Restway Travel Park

Cheyenne, Wyoming

RV Camper1

The staff is very friendly but the park is very long of tooth. We lived in Cheyenne 25 years ago and the park seems to have had little maintenance or remodeling since that time. Streets are gravel and have potholes in places. Sites were once gravel but most have little gravel left and many have potholes in them. There are nice trees. Most have picnic tables, but some tables are in poor condition. Restrooms and showers are in desperate need of remodeling. Paint appears to be all that has been done in many years and cleaning is only fair. The mini-golf is unusable. Pool is small but in good condition. The park is mostly occupied by oil & gas workers with many semi-permanent, older RVs. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

hartk1

Sites are too closely packed in for any kind of enjoyment. Appears to be mainly a trailer park for transient workers. Restrooms need updated a bit. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Judy and Mel Elbers

This park is owned and operated by a family. No pride of ownership shows here. Fences falling down, large potholes in the roads, just poorly maintained. The price is a rip off, but we were there during Frontier Days. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The shuttle now costs $5 a person round trip. We probably won't stay here again. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Motorhome.

daveytrips

Scruffy park in the middle of nowhere although there is a cowboy shuttle service that you ring and they will pick you up and take you into downtown - you pay what you think is a fair price. Little pool but untidy. Restrooms were clean but old. Mostly long-term residents I would think. Helpful staff. Definitely overpriced. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Becky Muncy

Just got home from another great year at Restway Travel Park. The staff, Scott, Karen & Kelly do such a great job of taking care of business and they are so friendly, courteous and accommodating to everyone's wishes and needs!! I read the negative reviews, and I can honestly say, that in the years that my husband and I have been coming to Restway, we have NEVER had a bad experience! This is a campground, no different than if you were camping at a nice mountain lake. My husband and I will continue to visit Restway every year for the full 10 days of Cheyenne Frontier Days for as long as they are open or until we die, whichever comes first. We love ALL of the staff, and the way we are treated there. Thank you again Doris, Scott, Karen & Kelly for another great year at Restway, and we'll see you again next year!!! We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

MrnMrsT

This park is terrible. We stayed there during Cheyenne Rodeo. Paid for a campsite in advance. On arrival the park put 2 RVs' on each site, backed them in with a tape measure to make sure the rigs were 42" apart. On check-in they circled all the children's activities and said "we're not doing this". The put-put coarse had threaded rod sticking up from the greens where obstacles had been removed. We wouldn't let the kids near it for fear they would fall and impale themselves. Pool is the size of a hot tub. Absolutely no handicap access. Ladies in the office were nice when taking your money but get real nasty if you make any complaint. While we were there they called the sheriff and evicted a family of 5 very nice folks for politely complaining about the closeness of the next door rig- without refunding their money.They had another rig parked in that slot within 2 hours. We left as soon as we could forfeiting our prepaid reservation. I ranked Restway poor only because there is no rating lower. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

NewRVr

Stopped here for the night on the way to Dubois. We needed to get some new tires for our trailer. Restway was the only available site around at the time. Hate to say it, but this place is a hole. Everything is run down and broken. Not much grass to speak of (just mud) and our trailer stood only a few feet from our neighbors. Kind of looks like a RV junkyard. I can say that the two older ladies in the office were gems though. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Becky Muncy

Just got back from 10 days at Restway, and look forward to returning again next year!! My husband and I have been here every year for the past 3 years for Cheyenne Frontier Days, and we love it!! Restway is family owned and operated, and they are great! The hosts are very professional, courteous, and go out of their way to accommodate everyone!! The facilities are clean, and maintained daily! I would highly recommend this park to anyone. This year, we had family members from 2 different states meet us here, and they were all very impressed with the staff!! We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Black C

I stayed here for Cheyenne Frontier days and have nothing but positive things to say about this place. We had plenty of room in our 40 foot RV and they did a great job parking us. The staff was super friendly, and the location is perfect - close to the festivities and yet far enough from the main roads so things are nice a quiet at night. We tried out the pool which really hit the spot, and the van circuit to Frontier days worked out very well (I wouldn't take this for granted as we originally were staying at KOA, only to have them tell us, quite rudely, that there would be no shuttle service, which was very important to us and part of our original deal with KOA). Overall we were very pleased with the park and look forward to staying there next year. I'm sorry other reviews do not share this sentiment; our stay exceeded expectations. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Black C

I was originally concerned about the reviews I read regarding Restway, and I am happy to say that we have a very positive experience staying there over Cheyenne Frontier Days, and my five companions would agree with me. The gentleman who does the parking is excellent, as we have a 40 foot RV. We had plenty of room at our site, we enjoyed the pool, and the staff was very friendly. The shuttle to and from the rodeo was spot on. I would not recommend the miniature golf, but other than that, I look forward to staying here next year. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

sharp camper

I stayed here for Cheyenne Frontier Days. I would never stay here again. The campground is in a bad state of disrepair. I agree with a previous reviewer that said this place needs a mercy bulldozing. It has been let go to the extreme. The bathroom and shower facility are very small and very old and very dirty. The showers have rust and a lot of mold in them. One was missing a shower head so only three were working. There wasn't room to stand at the sink and have someone else get by you to get to a open toilet or shower. There is no vent or fan or air conditioning in the bathroom so it gets very sweaty and humid in there when others are showering. And it smells because of the mold. Both mornings I was trying to get ready in the bathroom one of the toilets were clogged and very smelly too. I couldn't stand to stay in there with the odor and humidity. The sinks are the old style that you have to hold to keep on and a seperate faucet for hot and cold. The camp sites weren't very level and were very close together. Each site has it's own picnic table that was covered in bird droppings. They advertise putt-putt golf and that was a joke. It looks like a putt-putt course that was abandoned for 30 years at the least. They also advertise a communal fire pit (each space does not have it's own). But they placed tent campers right by the fire pit so it was never lit. My friend and I had been looking forward to having smores and sitting around the campfire, but never got to. The only good/enjoyable thing was that we had GREAT neighbors and the guy who guided us in was great at helping us back in our pop-up camper. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Tent Trailer.

ottosprings

Sad, go somewhere else. Very run down, has not been kept up for a long time by the way it looks. Okay if your self contained and only looking for a place to stay for one night. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Rodger anc Joanne

During our 30+ years of camping we have experienced some really poor RV Parks, but this is the worst we have seen. The restrooms are out of order. The entire park is poorly maintained and none of the amenities advertised are available. The only reason we stayed the night was that we had an early appointment for repairs the next morning at an RV service next door. Never would we consider staying here again! We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

vintagecat

We arrived later than we usually stop and took whatever was available as far as parking to be had for overnight. My lasting impression is that the park was mined of all it's potential years ago and needs the merciful help of a bulldozer. The restrooms smelled terribly of mold or mildew, so much so that I refused to use them after going in there once. The water was iffy tasting, power worked, we didn't connect to sewer, internet is extra $$$. Granted that this next thing wasn't the park's fault but the site is fairly exposed and the parking is perpendicular to the prevailing winds which howled that night and there was very little rest for the rocking. The up side: The desk clerk seemed to be a nice woman. That was it. I will not go back there again, ever. Better to dry camp in a parking lot. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Grits

The park ad sounds promising but the park is not what is advertised. Office person was friendly and tried to be helpful. The park was overgrown with grass, sites unlevel, pool was dirty, restrooms filthy. Minature golf course was overgrown with grass and there was no badmitton court set up and we were told that was because they don't have any kids coming there. Unattended vehicles near office, pile of lumber by putt putt golf course, unsteady deck in pool area. We paid for two nights and left after one night. We camped at Restway Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Restway Travel Park?