Douglas KOA

Douglas, Wyoming

Recent Rate: $32 4/2015

DXSMac

I usually refuse to stay at KOA's (because you end up on junk mail lists) but desperate times call for desperate measures. I was driving on I-25 and it was snowing! In April! I had previously passed by other parks in other towns where I said "no way" and this was the first decent place in miles. There is no grass anywhere, but this seems typical of Wyoming parks I have stayed in. Surprisingly, this place was crowded! I couldn't tell if any were "perms" or not. Sites are rather close, not quite "pass the mustard" close but closer than I prefer. Sites are all on decorative gravel. Price of $32 represents base price plus $2 extra for cable less a 5% Happy Camper Discount. They don't give Good Sam, but if you have Good Sam, they will give you the 5% Happy Camper discount, whatever that is..... Cable TV costs $2 extra. I was tempted to not pay for cable and see if the cable still worked, but decided to be honest. Although I hate paying extra for cable, it was worth the extra $2 since it was raining horribly. WiFi was free, but was difficult to use, probably because it was pouring down rain. Laundry was $1.25 to wash, $1.50 to dry. Not bad, wouldn't throw clothes on the ground for these prices, but if you have SOMETHING to wash, good to get ahead on it. There was also a double loader washer, but didn't catch the price as someone was using it. I'm giving it a "6" only because it's a KOA and I am guessing I will wind up on a junk mail list. If it weren't for that, I would probably give it a 7. They also sell propane here. This park is open year round. Good for an overnight, don't know why anyone would stay here longer. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

longgone

Friendly helpful staff with personal escort to the site. Campground is clean and well organized. Easy on/off to I-25. Park has a lot of extended stay residents - mostly individuals working in the oil fields. Good park for overnight stays. Biggest drawback - the bathroom and laundry facilities are inadequate for the number of people in the campground particularly since some of the extended stay parties are here with families. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

kathiecarlson

We usually go to KOA's as a last resort but this one wasn't bad. The pros: Each site is well situated with plenty of room between sites. Each site has a picnic table and a grassy area. The entire park is gravel. The office staff was very friendly and the store was well stocked. The cons: Lots of full time residents. The sites are so out of level that we couldn't level. Bring lots of blocks. The WIND. We sat for 2 days with our slides in as the gusts were so bad I was afraid to put them out. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

A Wedding

If you like barking dogs, this is the place. Stayed twelve days and had to be moved to another spot to get some peace. Dogs in cages outside and tied to RVs unsupervised night and day. Lots of extended stay patrons in rickety equipment. Stayed here in 2012 and did not have this trouble. Place had gone downhill. Pool was too cold for anythings but kids. Hard to maneuver in park do to large number of vehicles that each patron seemed to have. Staff was very friendly, however. Just did not seem to want to enforce the rules. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

cwier

Best KOA we've ever been in because the sites are decent size and the navigation is good, unusual for a KOA. The bathrooms are more modern than normal KOA too. The staff was friendly, the utilities good, site pretty level. Wi-Fi was even pretty good. Verizon signal good. Definitely would stay here again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Florida Bob

We stayed here one night. Nice bathrooms and clean. Site was level and nicely groomed. Just out of town. Nice pool. Staff was friendly and escorted you to your site. Very quiet. Would stay here again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

trump5

Very well maintained park with outstanding customer service. Well away from I-25 so that it is peaceful and quiet. As is typical with KOAs, sites are very close together and crowded with 90 degree turns into the pull-throughs. Mostly gravel sites. We were only there for an overnight stay and would do the same again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

User3617

Very hard to reach the campground from I-25. The KOA map is confusing, and the clerk I spoke to was no help. The road to access the park was winding and narrow. The park was no better. No trees, dusty, and very unattractive. We were escorted to our narrow pull-through site,at least. The sites were gravel and somewhat level. After we had hooked up, we realized the cable and Wi-Fi didn't work. Although we had paid extra for the cable, I was too exhausted to walk to the office to let them know. Never could connect to Wi-Fi. Once again, empty promises from campground owners. I mentioned this in the morning before we left. I wasn't trying for a cable refund, and none was offered by the morning clerk. I simply thought they might want to fix it. I wrote a KOA review, and the owner e-mailed me, suggesting I was reviewing the wrong campground. Very insulting since there are no other KOAs nearby. I was astounded! She offered me a refund for the cable, but I told her to donate it. Never heard back to see if she did! I'm just chalking this up to another overpriced, sub-par KOA. Skip this one. It's not worth the challenging drive from the freeway, the dust bowl look, the lack of cable and Wi-Fi, or the rate charged. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

Cameo2010

The plusses: great little fenced in dog run, nice viewing pond with geese, cable TV (but it costs $2 extra). The downsides: all gravel, including pads and roads, grasses away from sites were full of stickers. I couldn't pull into my site easily because of a truck that was parked too far out into the road and because it was a very short 90 degree turn into the site. There are a lot of seasonal workers staying there but the park was quiet when it was supposed to be. I will likely stay again, only because it is the only decent campground in the area. Not what you might expect from a KOA. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RVTravelerToo

This place has it all; laundry, dog park, miniature golf, pool, etc. The help was friendly and guided us to our spot using a golf cart. Site E2 has an unobstructed view of I-25 and the East. They have gravel driveways and pads. Screw in sewer connection. There are a lot of long term campers, but they are in a section by themselves. There is good cable TV. The landscaping has patches of mowed grass between each site. Road noise from I-25 was not noticeable. The free WiFi strength was good, but when the park filled up the response was nonexistent from all three WiFi towers. Response returned the next morning when people started leaving. There were no flies or mosquitoes. There were lots of rabbits. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

LabProwler

This is an excellent KOA! The sites are long and wide with well-placed hookups. The dog area is large and fenced with great grass. It is far enough from I-25 that noise is not much of a factor. For as large of a park as it is, it is exceptionally well-cared for, clean, neat, and friendly. The bathrooms were clean and had real shower heads! We would absolutely stay here again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RichAndSheryl

Arrived at dusk on the tail end of a thunderstorm. Still sprinkling, and the wind was howling. So setup was rushed! Quiet location well off I-80. Lots of trees, but not in full leaf-out yet. Gravel grounds with small patches of grass here and there. Friendly staff led us to our site, pointed out all the connections. The wind died down sometime in the night, and we woke to a beautiful sunny day. Would stay here again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tarheelx2

Driving through Douglas and needed a camp site. They took us with no reservations. It is a relatively small campground which was easy access on and off I-90. The road and sites are gravel. Some of the sites are on hills, but ours was a pull through and was quite level. The park office is small, and some remodeling was being done while we were there, but did not interfere with check in or check out. There is a small gift shop and a few RV supplies in the office. The camp advertises a pool, laundry, showers and bathrooms. We can't comment on those as we did not use their facilities. All sites and the office were clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. They did advertise free wifi and cable TV. Both had poor signal strength during our stay. The office staff advised us that their server was down due to the wind, which there was a lot of. There are a lot of full time residents in the park. They appear to be construction workers for the pipeline going in in the area. The residents were quiet and respectful. The only noise issues began at about 5 am as all the workers started their trucks and left for work. For an over night stay it wasn't bad. On a night or two stay, we would stay here again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

rjallred

A fairly nice KOA. Very friendly staff. Lots of permanents, but they are no problem. Most sites looked level but our pull-through was very un-level. Decent spacing WI-FI free, worked but not very fast. Would use this park again. We camped at Douglas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

fulltimer121

Not a bad price for a nice KOA with no competition to speak of. (One of these years I'll hit Douglas when I don't need 50 amps to run the ACs and can stay for free at the city park). Good big rig access and sites. Staff friendly and helpful. Laundry clean (as was everything) and fairly priced. Wi-Fi slows down during prime time but where doesn't it? We camped at Douglas KOA in a Motorhome.

Antelope Run Campground

Casper, Wyoming

Fort Caspar Campground

Casper, Wyoming

Top Tips for this Campground

• Pizza Hut and Friend's Pizza will deliver pizzas to this campground. The office employee preferred Friends, and I called them. Small pizza was $10 plus a $5 delivery charge and sales tax. Little pricey, but was worth it that particular night. Got my pizza in 20 minutes.

DXSMacApril 2015

Are you affiliated with Douglas KOA?