Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground

Sites: Lots
Recent Rate: $39 6/2013

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

BigRigTravelerUSA

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $39.00

There are no discounted rates. Price is for a 50 amp full hook-up in the lower level front section and payable in cash or check only. Streets were asphalt and we were parked on gravel. Site was very narrow, so we could not extend our awning without touching the rig next to us. At the entrance to the park are a number of truck camper shells with cars parked in front of them. I am uncertain if they are part of this park or just an adjacent one. The map we were given was quite confusing and a number of the sites in our area were unmarked. The office personnel also seemed confused about this. Lots of permanents living in older rigs. We would avoid this one if possible, but would stay again in a pinch. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

GypsyTreker

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $31.00

I like this place: it's a bit old school cool and showing some wear but worthy of a stay. The pool needs TLC (a new liner), septic didn't work for my rig, the dump was behind the backin site rather than on the side. Lilacs were in bloom and smelled great, quiet for being right in town, not very many guests for a Memorial Day weekend. Too bad about the bad wrap some folks gave the place. The manager was very nice, helpful and had suggestions about the camp and area. Thanks for the nice stay! We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $35.00

This park seems full of permanent residents, and it's a “pass the mustard” park in that you can yell out your window to ask your neighbor to pass the mustard. I had a “shady” site in the F section. I put “shady” in quotes because. Yes, there were trees, but the trees barely allowed room for my slide-outs, and no room at all for awning. Not that I needed the awning in October. But on the good side, my slot was very long, in case you are towing a car. However, the road through the park is a little dicey if you are a big rig. I got decent reception via antenna for the few digital channels available in the area. A prior reviewer said “cash only.” It's true they don't take credit cards, but I was allowed to write an out of state check. This was a good place to overnight for the minor emergency I had to deal with. I couldn't use the Wi-Fi as I had stopped in Gillette to get my computer repaired. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

GypsySDR

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $37.00

We were surprised to find a site available, due to the big Escapees rally starting at the Camplex. We'd planned to stay at Wal-Mart, but 99 degrees prompted us to seek electricity for air conditioning. The first site assigned us was very unlevel and had a low-hanging tree. The site we stayed in was in the clear - no shade but adequate for overnight. Gillette doesn't offer many choices for RVers, so this would be where we'd stay again. But I'd prefer to just drive through town and stay elsewhere. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

campersfromiowa

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $35.00

I have to give this campground a 2 because it did provide us with a place to stay and full hook-ups; but other than that, there is not much good to say about this place. We were coming from the west and did not want to stop in Buffalo for the night as planned, figuring we could go another hour. We should have stopped in Buffalo. Cramped, dirty, dusty and loud. We did not even unhook in case we had to make a hasty exit in the night. Find a Wal-Mart if you can or stay in Buffalo. P.S. Cash only - which should tell you something. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

magnelectro

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $32.00

Exceeded my expectations! I was worried about staying here after reading some bad reviews, but things were pretty nice. I think some camper had a grudge and forged a bunch of bad reviews. If you're staying in Gillette, this is the place to stay. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Wehttam

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $29.00

In the 27 years that we have been camping, we have never been in such a terrible campground. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. We would never have used them. For some reason the spot we were in and the ones around us did not have water, even though the connections were there. We went to bed, got up and left at 8:15 am in the morning. Just wanted out of there. We noticed that there were mostly workmen in the campground, but that is no excuse for the dirty conditions. We could not find another campground and that is the only reason that we ended up staying there. My husband was not well and we needed to stop and rest. Even the office was in a horrible condition. And to charge $29 just to park with no facilities and being so disgusting is terrible. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Elisabeth

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $35.00

My husband and I were staying in this park for a few weeks for his work. Before we arrived I spent a week trying to reach someone in the office on the phone. When I finally got in touch with the office we were not given an answer about whether or not we would have a site until the day that we arrived. We were very surprised about the amenities that were listed on the web site that were not there. The pool and spa would have been nice if there would have been water in either of them. The site that we were in was right next to a big rig that was parked 3 feet from our slide out. It was a very well named park, due to the fact that the woman that was working was always rude and unhelpful. I would never recommend this park to anyone. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Travel Trailer.

HappyCamper82331

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

There was never anyone in the office or return of phone calls. The electricity went out one night and the owner did nothing about it. WiFi only available in the office. It was not a pleasant stay in Gillette at this campground. I would NOT stay here again!!! We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

safariflos

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $35.00

A bare minimum campground with full hookups available. Looks generally rundown and seems to have lots of seasonal or work-campers (it's a coal town). Main campground road was full of potholes, but it just got a big asphalt patch job done, which improved it. Sites are ok in width: big enough for slides. Kind of scary maneuvering around the campground roads: have to go through a really narrow spot to get to our site. Manager claimed they had Wi-Fi, but I didn't want it bad enough to go to the office to connect, so I can't comment on that. Only reason we came here was we thought it was the only one in town, but I think there's another park now. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

mycelia

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $32.00

This park probably had grand aspirations, but is on the downhill side now. It has been here long enough to have grown nice shade trees. There are probably 60+ sites that are effectively full of permanent people. In actuality, there are only 6 pull throughs. 40' rigs can tip toe into the pull sites. This is great for an overnight. Not to put Gillette, WY down, but this park isn't where I would go to to spend my two week vacation. There is at least one other RV park in town that we didn't get the name of. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

boywonder

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $32.00

This park is very poorly maintained. Cash only - no credit cards. Site was a mud hole and narrow. Cigarette butts covered the ground. Difficult to locate campground. 95% permanent residents most appeared to be bikers. Way overpriced for the conditions and amenities. Poorly run. Would not stay there again. Suggest avoiding this one. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

sds7175

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $37.00

Appropriately named! This campground was probably once a very splendid place to stay, but it is definitely going down FAST! The woman that runs the place is very odd and rude. You have to go to her house to check into the campground because there is never anyone in the office. The office smells like kitty litter box (or meth). I would not use the laundry facilities here, they were filthy and so were the showers. Other than that the park was fairly private, the lots were big. Nice shade trees. Close to other city amenities. We stayed here for 3 months because we had to. There are not a lot of other options in the Gillette area due to the flow of oil field workers. The woman that runs the place over charges BIG TIME due to that fact. We paid 800 a month for this dump! We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

CruzMastr

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $34.00

As nearly everyone has said, it's hard to imagine a worse place. It started out suspicious when entrance ran thru a "hobo camp" of ramshackle trailers, etc. Second warning was when the clerk said "cash only". Third warning came when we were directed thru one site to reach the rest of the pull-thru's. The final warning was the sign in the restroom warning that the homeless would be hauled off naked by the police if they didn't pay a fee before showering. We ended up here because of awning damage on the highway while headed toward Buffalo. We needed a place to stop and seek repair help the next morning and as others have said, it's the only one around. To be completely honest, we had an OK site for our 35-ft, narrow-body coach (actually may have been the best one in the place) but nothing more than a place to park. I'll stay anywhere else next time. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

PRM

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $30.00

Don't touch this place. Upon arrival we were greeted by some friendly, but somewhat unkept men hanging around the office area. The woman in charge arrived, took our money, cash only, and pointed out our campsite. As we drove to it on the main campground road I struck a branch with my A/C cover, putting a hole in it. After sawing off the branch I inquired as to what she was going to do about the damage. She responded nothing and kept insisting it was my fault. She repeatedly refused to provide me with the name of her insurance company or even her own name. I finally got my money back and left. We contacted the Chamber of Commerce and were advised her name was Ginger Peet. The general appearance of the campground was dirty and unkept. We camped at Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Green Trees Crazy Woman Campground?