Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated)

Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

• Electric (30 AMP) Electric (30 AMP) no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Ask a Question About Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated)

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $28.00

Even though this is dry camping you have to take into consideration you're inside the National Park. Everything outside the park and in town is amazingly expensive. Being inside the park has tremendous advantages if you're into wildlife viewing or photography. Location is everything. We had moose walking through the campground on an almost daily basis. The proximity for sunrise photo shoots versus driving in from Jackson is a huge advantage. The value for the location is very good. It is spartan however. If you need lots of amenities then this probably isn't for you. We stayed here three weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. The final week we moved to the electric sites as it was getting pretty cold at night. Not many sites for 40'+ rigs but we managed. Verizon signal was ok but data throughput was pretty slow. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Motorhome.

61 and 177

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

I stayed with my girlfriend and our two dogs for 5 nights while exploring the Tetons National Park. The location of the campground is excellent, with easy access to Jackson and the park. Technically, the campground is in the park, though before Moose entrance. As previous writers contributed, many of the sites and bathrooms are tired, with uneven gravel surfaces. There are paved sites available for annual pass holders. We stayed in loop D, with electric site. The campground is very spacious, and close to the Gros Ventre River, making it ideal for walking dogs. An especially nice route is to walk along Mormon Road. Oh, and we encountered three moose within the campground. Overall, the place would be perfect with a facelift and little investment. I'd still return. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

191 Loop D

Visit Jackson (20 min away) and the park interior.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $15.00

This is a rustic campground. If you want full hookups, level,concrete pads, and showers you won't like it. We prefer lots of space, good views, and we don't mind gravel so we really like it. The electric sites are much more expensive than the dry camping sites, so we rely on solar with a bit of backup from the generator on rainy days. There are shady spots, but with the solar we prefer the sunny ones, and there are many. This campground does occasionally fill up, but not often. We have stayed her multiple times for a week at a time, and we still keep coming back. The staff is sometimes gruff, but they are helpful. The site we had this time was particularly large, a nice bonus. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $15.00

This is a hard park to rate, we stayed in non-electric sites with no hook-ups. There is lots of space between sites. The interior roads are badly beat up and there is a lot of differed maintenance. The location of the park is good. We where on a busy road which took away from the enjoyment. Moose where common as they wondered thru the park. We thought that in the middle on Sept it would not be filled but the CG was full every night. It was the busiest I have seen the Grand Tetons. Next time we will plan ahead and try to get hook-ups at Coulter Bay. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $14.00

This is a National Park Campground, run by Grand Teton Lodge Co. They have left the campground in its natural state - trees and sagebrush. Interior paved roads are fairly rough, with some potholes. Gravel sites are fairly level, with plenty of room between sites. A great campground to walk my dogs. There are restrooms and a dump station, but no showers. There are a few electric sites, but no sites are reservable. We were told in order to get an electric site, "show up at 8 a.m.; maybe someone will be leaving." We would stay again; we'll just plan on running our generator. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $14.00

Its been 5 years since I was last here, and 50 years since I started coming here. Very little has changed. The roads are bad, the sites, which were once paved, are now gravel and dirt. The bathrooms were built almost 40 years ago and are bad. There are signs everywhere telling you to flush the toilets numerous times because of low pressure / faulty hardware. You can expect a long wait at the antiquated dump station. The only good thing was all the trees were well trimmed this year. The GTLC staff try their best, but they are working with an old, broken down campground. Meanwhile, NPS is building another new building at Park headquarters. Too bad they haven't invested a dime in Gros Ventre in 40 years. But, if you want to stay in the Park, then they have the exclusive. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $28.00

This is located in a national park, so very well located. We pulled in late at night and left early, but it appeared to be a very basic site with no hook ups. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $28.00

I dry camp here and stayed in Loop B #113, which allow generators. I was pretty much the only one using the generator when I needed it during meal time. I have a short but double wide site with quite a bit of shade so that is perfectly fine for my 20 foot travel trailer. Like others have said, the facility and campground look a bit dated, but you can also say that is part of the charm. Having said that, it would definitely be nicer if the sites are better graded and manicured. Thus my 3 star rating. I didn't see any animals during my stay, which was just after the Total Eclipse, so the big crowd might have scared all the wildlife away! The campground is a little bit further away from all the major Grand Teton attractions/sights but that's ok because it will give you the opportunity to drive around the whole scenic loop without having to even plan for it! We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

B113

Be careful using the GPS, it might take you on a dirt / gravel road (e.g. Mormon Row).

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $29.00

This park is a disgrace to the National Park Service. Sadly, it is not even run by the park service but by The Grand Teton Lodge Co., a concessionaire. The campground is in need of major maintenance. The roads are falling apart and the sites are in very poor condition. Our picnic table was sagging and the paint peeling off. Further, employees are extremely rude. I paid for my site. The 2 employees in the office had a discussion about which site to give me. Finally they suggested 3 sites and told me to go look at them. While I was gone, they sold 2 of the 3 sites that they had recommended! I could not have the site that I had chosen even though I was there first and I had paid! I was rudely told that you wanted to go look. We told you to choose 3 sites as we might sell one while you're gone. I didn't choose to go look - they suggested it! When I said that this didn't seem right as I had paid, I was very rudely told "You want your money back? You can leave!" We did eventually find a site with a few trees. Most sites sit out in the hot sun with no shade. I have visited almost 300 NPS sites, have camped in many and have worked in a national park. This is by far the ugliest (and expensive) NPS campground in which I have ever stayed! NPS needs to go back to managing their parks and fire these awful concessionaires! We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Motorhome.

Loop A

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

We had a disabled spot (with permit) and it was very wide and long. 50 amp and no water or sewer, but water and dump is available. This is a National Park with limited electric sites available, and many dry camping sites available at a lower price. Beautifully situated with wildflowers and natural growth everywhere. Convenient to visiting the town of Jackson, and to enjoy the grand Tetons. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

Gros Venture campground was a great find. Thank You to Sean and Christie of Long Long Honeymoon for recomending this campground. The Teaton Mountains are a great backdrop to the campsite. Although we did not see any moose this time, the campground was still very peaceful and quiet. It is also close to Jackson Hole so we could go to town for dinner. We will definately be back. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

122 Loop B

Before entering Grand Teaton or Yellowstone Park, stop by the visitor center in the town and pick up a GAPERGUIDE. This is a GPS auto tour guide that will tell you all about the park and what is coming up around the next bend while touring the parks. It is wll worth the $

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $39.00

This is our favorite campground anywhere we have ever been. It might not be for everyone but for us it is what camping is all about. This location is huge. You are out in a setting frequented by wildlife. A bull moose and a cow moose passed behind our site several times. We had a mule deer buck pass by each day. We spotted many varieties of birds also. There is a loop with electric hook ups. You have to fill your water tank by the entrance. Most sites are dry sites. We stayed a week. We used a tote for waste water and filled 6 gallon jugs to fill our water tank when needed. That is no big deal for me to be in this type of setting. If you like KOA you probably won't like this place. There are plenty of places to walk and enjoy the silence of nature. The Gros Ventre River passed along the backside of the campground. There you will find quiet places to sit and reflect. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

168 Loop D

We have been to this campground 3 times. If you like a natural setting over convenience then you will probably like this place. One area is mostly for tents and small RVs as the sites are small. One loop is only tents. In the electric loop and the tenting areas you cannot use a generator. They do have an area where you can use a generator. This campground seldom fills so it is a good bet if everything else has filled in the area.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

A little expensive. Very nice, helpful employees. Great views. Quiet and peaceful. Our site leveled quite easily. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Motorhome.

D194

Within first 24 hours we saw bison, elk near the campground. In the NP we saw young bear, pronghorn antelope, moose, elk. Amazing views. You will love Grand Teton NP. Would return in a heartbeat. Town of Jackson very nice & picturesque. Jackson has laundromat, Albertson's, specialty shops, galleries and great pizza place, Pinky G's. Visit National Museum of Wildlife Art.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $15.00

We were a bit concerned about not having reservations here, but need not have worried. We camped here 2 weeks and it was never even close to full, even on Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in Loop A, which was the most open and one of the only areas of the campground with a view of the Tetons. There were plenty of large sites and they were very widely-spaced. Lots of room to park or pitch a tent. Generator hours were until 10 PM, which was nice. As national park campgrounds go, this was one of our favoirites. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Fifth Wheel.

A69

For anyone interested in photography, two of the best sunrise locations in the park are nearby--the Mormon barns and Schwabacher's Landing. The Jackson Whole Grocery is a great local natural food grocer with a selectn excellent selection and decent prices. They also have a cafe with lots of choices. The closest place to buy propane is in town at the Shell station.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $13.00

A great campground to visit the Tetons. They assign you a site when you arrive but tell you if you see something you like better that is unoccupied, to return to office and they'll reassign you. Limited electric sites, first come. No water at site. Did have cell service with Verizon. Chose an open site for satellite service. Showers 10 miles away in Jackson, WY. Would definitely return. We camped at Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) in a Travel Trailer.

A72

Are you affiliated with Gros Ventre Campground (Concessionaire Operated) ?