Albany County Fairgrounds

Laramie, Wyoming

3520 US Highway 287 South
Laramie, Wyoming 82070

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes

Ask fellow campers about "Albany County Fairgrounds" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $30.00

This is just a bit off the highway and you have to drive south to get to the camp area. When you drive in there is a big area (a part of the fair grounds) you drive to and through a somewhat narrow gate and the camp sites are over to the left side where the electric hook ups are. They are locked. You call the number, they collect your fee and you can hook up to electric. No shade. It was hot on the day we stayed. Still a safe place to stay and other campers were there at the camping area. You just pull straight in so we had to unhook car in the morning and then hook up again but there is ample space in order to do this. We camped at Albany County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Other

You have to use your tow car in order to drive into town which is about four or five miles north.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $20.00

I had a tire issue which led me to stay in Laramie. Short on places to stay, I found the fairgrounds. I attempted to contact management via phone, but the numbers got me voicemail only. So, I set up power on the back line on RV spots, totally missing the paved RV spots right behind the maintenance building. No big deal and it was a safe place to sty for the night. I saw about four other RVs on site. We camped at Albany County Fairgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

If you arrive late and no one answers the phone number provided, just stop in the next morning and drop payment off.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

This is large county fairgrounds that has 27 spaces available. As previously mentioned there some sites with concrete pad with power (30 amp) and water but no sewer. It also has 17 sites on gravel that are varying degrees of flatness. These sites have water sewer, water, and power (4- 50 amp slots on the north end the rest 30 amp). There were no showers or restrooms available when we were here. The location has road and RR noise but it's more of a background noise. The rate is $30/night for hook ups I don't know what dry camping runs. This place was designed for the events that are held here and not as an rv park so there are no real amenities. However if you want to stay in the area it is usually available unless they have a large event going on. As far as I know it is first come first served with no reservations. We would stay here again if we are in the area again. We camped at Albany County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

We finally found this campground after 2 phone calls. The office was closed so we parked ourselves. We did not see any concrete sites. The campground is a single strip of 26 unlevel, gravel, back-in sites along a fence. The higher numbers toward the north end of the strip are a little more level. There are full hook-ups and all utilities worked. There are sewers. There is wifi at the office but not at the sites. We heard no trains. Trash was collected daily. We camped at Albany County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Albany County Fairgrounds

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $25.00

I stayed here for the Laramie Kennel Club Dog Shows. Kind kennel club and fairgrounds staff escorted me to my site and aided in back in. I had a level concrete pad for back in with water and electric hook-up. There were only a limited amount of concrete pad space for 6-8 RVs, depending on how closely you park. It was first come first serve, without the option to reserve specific sites, so I had to arrive as early as possible to obtain the concrete pad. The rest of the back in spaces are gravel with water and electric. I was told some sewer was available, but it was not available on my concrete pad and I did not witness it. There also were multiple parallel dry camping spots on paved parking lots, in addition to the (I believe) 26 W/E spots. Location is the name of the game for the dog show, so I was not seeking the other amenities I would expect and want in a normal RV camping site. The RV spots were within fairly easy walking distance to the buildings where the dog show was held. There was a decent amount of grassy mowed spaces for exercising your dog on leash. Bring everything you need to be self-sufficient, unless you want to drive out for it - there is no store on site. Your site will not have a picnic table or fire ring. I would not have had room for my toad if I had brought it, and the concrete pad was just long enough for my 30' Class C. You will hear trains frequently day and night, but they are not overwhelming There was not a lot of trash pick up during the busy weekend. Verizon access on my cell phone was adequate. It is eternally windy here, so plan accordingly - you'll want to keep an eye out for your awning and not leave it out unattended for a long period of time. We camped at Albany County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Albany County Fairgrounds

Are you affiliated with Albany County Fairgrounds ?