Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)

Rawlins, Wyoming

3101 Wagon Circle Road
Rawlins, Wyoming 82301

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $29.00

First impression was not good as driving up was a retired KOA. Checking in was quite easy, we had reserved on line and the staff was very friendly. We were only overnighting so reserved a pull through site with full hookups less cable. First sites are narrow, the first site we were assigned could not make the turn from drive into site as not enough turning room. We are 40' towing a pickup. Asked in office for a more manageable site and was signed a different site. Now I have been driving large motorhomes since 1995. Our current rig just turned 120000 miles of my driving. I can get this rig in almost anywhere. The second site had large rocks to protect utilities and with the narrow sites just could not get in w/o unhooking. Came within inches of taking out a fender. Not a big issue but still a fair annoyance. The general impression is this park needs significant infrastructure improvements. From space width to utility location. The holders need to go for sure. On the plus side the electric was great and the water was good. Interior roads are in poor shape with uneven spots and breaking up asphalt. I can not in recommend this park for large RV's. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

For campers able to pull through w/o unhooking they have a loaner vehicle for running errands or getting a meal. A first in my experience.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $30.00

Nice park, excellent dog park, exceptionally clean bath/shower house. Water presure was impeccable. Having mini golf right there was great since we we're traveling with our teenage grandson. The only thing that keeps me from rating this as excellent is the showers are built for someone 5'2" or shorter. Pretty small thing, really. Would definitely stay here again in the future. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Wifi was ok, great at table outside office. End spaces seemed to be a smidge bigger, offering a little more privacy, but very tight to try to get in with our rig.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

Rate was for electric & water only. A nice park. Friendly staff. Reasonable accommodations. Nice dog park with toys provided. Good playground and miniature golf. Spaces are long enough for most rigs. Was guided to our space. They even have a courtesy car you can use if you don't want to disconnect or travel without a car. Good laundry. Good free wifi and good Verizon service. Told that there is no AT&T service. Excellent for satellite TV. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $29.00

A gravel parking lot with very close spaces and no trees. My site was a pull-though but not long enough to leave my truck connected. Fortunately the place is mostly empty, except for people who seem to be here full time, so I could park across the site and not infringe on the sites beside me too much. I hope never to come through Rawlins again needing a place a stay. You can hear the traffic on I-80 very plainly. My dog needs to go out and I'm dreading it because of the wind. I didn't see the restrooms or laundry room. My site was fairly level with convenient water, electricity and sewer hookups. Wifi is available and is pretty good with a download speed of 6.6 Mbps, but upload was only 1.1 Mbps. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Keep going, the RV park a block away looks just as bad and there isn't any reason to stay in Rawlins, WY, unless you're desperate. The wind seems constant.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $27.00

Traveling thru wyoming it was easy to find and front desk was friendly, although very slow. He was somewhat new on the job but polite and helpful. Park was sufficient for 1 night but I wouldn't want to stay more than that. Sites are small and very close to next camper. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $31.00

Price probably reflects winter rate, as they had shut off the water for the season. It's OK. Nothing special, nothing bad, just OK. Basically a gravel lot with hookups, just like the RV park next door. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

There's not much to do or see in Rawlins.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Great staff/hosts! WiFi was ok. Easy in and easy out. Park has miniature golf. Not the parks fault, but, lots of road noise and trains constantly so you need to run something to cover the noise. Sadly there is dog poop everywhere and I mean everywhere, probably the permanent residents but it seems no one wants to pick up after there pet. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

We were assigned a pull-through site close to back of park.. Sites are very close together but adequate for our one night stay. Very easy check in and navigating to our site. WiFi was good until the park started filling up and then it slowed down to a crawl. High water pressure so make sure to use a regulator. Very convenient to highway. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

Lovely staff/owners, think they are new and starting to refurbish areas. Restrooms old but very clean. Easy on off I-80. Large park, some long term residents but mainly overnighters. Wifi at our site very good. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $34.00

This campground was the most accommodating campground I've have ever stayed in . They were so pleasant and helpful . We had a problem with our awning and the wind, so we stayed 2 days instead of one. They had a courtesy vehicle for us to use when our battery died. I've never know an RV park that I have stayed at, to have one. We were able to go down and get some longer cables so we could jump start the car. They were even going to let us have a late checkout when we had to wait on the awning repair man to come . We ended up staying. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

The Wyoming State Penitentiary was so very interesting .

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

We stayed on 2 different nights, one on our way to Yellowstone, and one on the return trip. It's a very convenient park for a one night stay. It looks like many people use it for that purpose. It's very near I-80 so there's road noise, of course, and there's heavy train traffic nearby. We knew all this before making reservations so we were not surprised. The staff is very friendly and they have a loaner car if you need to go to town for dinner. We took advantage of this great service. We used the laundry facilities which are very clean and efficient. There are no trees so don't expect shade. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Buck's is a very nice restaurant in town. It was very busy when we visited so expect a little wait to get seated. There's a City Market, with gas, on the east side of town.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $29.00

Price reflects taxes and our military discount. Pulled in here to wait out a snow storm and were assigned a pull-through site. Sites are very close together but adequate for our one night stay. Very easy check in and navigating to our site. 3-bars Verizon cell and great DTV signals. WiFi was good until the park started filling up and then it slowed down to a crawl. Highway and train noise that some might find intrusive. High water pressure so make sure to use a restrictor. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Personnel were very friendly. Campground is all gravel (no grass, only weeds), minimal shade and is located near I-80 which can be heard all night along with the train. The WiFi service was very good. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $27.00

Nice large RV park with gravel roads and sites with small grass areas and table. No trees. Have pull thru sites and back-in sites. FHU and W & E only. They have a courtesy car for use for free if you don't want to unhook. A tent area. Mini golf and kids play ground. Free password protected Wi-Fi but weak in areas. Very good Verizon cell and 4G signal. Satellite TV signal in all sites and cable TV available. 85 lbs water pressure. Staff friendly and helpful. Accepts pets. No scheduled activities. Open year road, good for WY. ¼ miles off I-80. 2 miles outside and west of Rawlings. Our site was W & E only $27 plus tax with GS. Would stay there again. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

Rate is based on week stay. We were in "the new section" which is supposed to be larger pull-through sites. Site was large enough that we were able to pull in without any difficulty but left only a small area on the door side and it was covered in tall brushy weeds (which we covered with our mats.) All staff were friendly. Restrooms were clean with new countertops but showers could use updating. Easy access to highways. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Make the ride to visit Medicine Bow National Forest - awesome. Great mexican food at Su Casa in Sinclair (not far away).

Are you affiliated with Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) ?