Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)

Rawlins, Wyoming

3101 Wagon Circle Road
Rawlins, Wyoming 82301

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $29.00

A gravel parking lot with very close spaces and no trees. My site was a pull-though but not long enough to leave my truck connected. Fortunately the place is mostly empty, except for people who seem to be here full time, so I could park across the site and not infringe on the sites beside me too much. I hope never to come through Rawlins again needing a place a stay. You can hear the traffic on I-80 very plainly. My dog needs to go out and I'm dreading it because of the wind. I didn't see the restrooms or laundry room. My site was fairly level with convenient water, electricity and sewer hookups. Wifi is available and is pretty good with a download speed of 6.6 Mbps, but upload was only 1.1 Mbps. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Keep going, the RV park a block away looks just as bad and there isn't any reason to stay in Rawlins, WY, unless you're desperate. The wind seems constant.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $27.00

Traveling thru wyoming it was easy to find and front desk was friendly, although very slow. He was somewhat new on the job but polite and helpful. Park was sufficient for 1 night but I wouldn't want to stay more than that. Sites are small and very close to next camper. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $31.00

Price probably reflects winter rate, as they had shut off the water for the season. It's OK. Nothing special, nothing bad, just OK. Basically a gravel lot with hookups, just like the RV park next door. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

There's not much to do or see in Rawlins.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Great staff/hosts! WiFi was ok. Easy in and easy out. Park has miniature golf. Not the parks fault, but, lots of road noise and trains constantly so you need to run something to cover the noise. Sadly there is dog poop everywhere and I mean everywhere, probably the permanent residents but it seems no one wants to pick up after there pet. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground)

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

We were assigned a pull-through site close to back of park.. Sites are very close together but adequate for our one night stay. Very easy check in and navigating to our site. WiFi was good until the park started filling up and then it slowed down to a crawl. High water pressure so make sure to use a regulator. Very convenient to highway. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

Lovely staff/owners, think they are new and starting to refurbish areas. Restrooms old but very clean. Easy on off I-80. Large park, some long term residents but mainly overnighters. Wifi at our site very good. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $34.00

This campground was the most accommodating campground I've have ever stayed in . They were so pleasant and helpful . We had a problem with our awning and the wind, so we stayed 2 days instead of one. They had a courtesy vehicle for us to use when our battery died. I've never know an RV park that I have stayed at, to have one. We were able to go down and get some longer cables so we could jump start the car. They were even going to let us have a late checkout when we had to wait on the awning repair man to come . We ended up staying. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

The Wyoming State Penitentiary was so very interesting .

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

We stayed on 2 different nights, one on our way to Yellowstone, and one on the return trip. It's a very convenient park for a one night stay. It looks like many people use it for that purpose. It's very near I-80 so there's road noise, of course, and there's heavy train traffic nearby. We knew all this before making reservations so we were not surprised. The staff is very friendly and they have a loaner car if you need to go to town for dinner. We took advantage of this great service. We used the laundry facilities which are very clean and efficient. There are no trees so don't expect shade. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Buck's is a very nice restaurant in town. It was very busy when we visited so expect a little wait to get seated. There's a City Market, with gas, on the east side of town.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $29.00

Price reflects taxes and our military discount. Pulled in here to wait out a snow storm and were assigned a pull-through site. Sites are very close together but adequate for our one night stay. Very easy check in and navigating to our site. 3-bars Verizon cell and great DTV signals. WiFi was good until the park started filling up and then it slowed down to a crawl. Highway and train noise that some might find intrusive. High water pressure so make sure to use a restrictor. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Personnel were very friendly. Campground is all gravel (no grass, only weeds), minimal shade and is located near I-80 which can be heard all night along with the train. The WiFi service was very good. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $27.00

Nice large RV park with gravel roads and sites with small grass areas and table. No trees. Have pull thru sites and back-in sites. FHU and W & E only. They have a courtesy car for use for free if you don't want to unhook. A tent area. Mini golf and kids play ground. Free password protected Wi-Fi but weak in areas. Very good Verizon cell and 4G signal. Satellite TV signal in all sites and cable TV available. 85 lbs water pressure. Staff friendly and helpful. Accepts pets. No scheduled activities. Open year road, good for WY. ¼ miles off I-80. 2 miles outside and west of Rawlings. Our site was W & E only $27 plus tax with GS. Would stay there again. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

Rate is based on week stay. We were in "the new section" which is supposed to be larger pull-through sites. Site was large enough that we were able to pull in without any difficulty but left only a small area on the door side and it was covered in tall brushy weeds (which we covered with our mats.) All staff were friendly. Restrooms were clean with new countertops but showers could use updating. Easy access to highways. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Make the ride to visit Medicine Bow National Forest - awesome. Great mexican food at Su Casa in Sinclair (not far away).

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

First Impression: Appears average, routine roadside presentation, pleasant office-front decor. Safety: No concerns. Access: Exit 211 off I-80, north on N. Spruce Street to 23rd, turn left, turn left again, proceed straight. Access road in good condition, big sign, Garmin GPS is accurate. Office: Friendly staff, excellent store with snacks, food items and an extensive array of RV equipment items. Credit cards accepted. Online reservations available. Multiple price discounts (Good Sam, Seniors, Military, etc). Courtesy vehicle available for local errands. Facilities: No pool, spa, fitness room, rec center, playground, or off-leash dog run. Mini-golf course. Large, clean laundry room. Restrooms/showers useable but structure desperately needs a complete renovation (score "C-"). No propane sales. Campground: Not in a flood plain. No storm shelter. No trees. Interior roads are wide, dirt/gravel in poor condition (ruts and bumps) with gentle turns and no overhead obstacles. Okay for big rigs and long coaches. Prevosts shouldn't have problems. Tent area; no yurts or cabins. Sites are all very close, sufficiently level, gravel and grass, mostly pull-through, with unkempt scrub grass and weeds between. Electric at rear of site with FHU-20/30/50; no meters. Water bib and sewer cap locations vary. High water pressure with good taste. Sewer pipe is 4" threaded, about 6-8" above ground level. No patios. Aged, weathered, marginally usable picnic tables. No fire rings. Good satellite views. Some sites get cable TV. OTA TV found 6 channels with fair reception. Free but unreliable Wi-Fi with poor coverage away from office and limited bandwidth. Verizon phone and 4G at 4 bars. No recycle bins. Noise: Distant railroad, no aircraft or local traffic noise but interstate volume is present. Bug Report (mid August): no insects noted. Runners: CG roads poor for running. Yoga: no place to put your mat. Conclusion: Score 4-Weak. Marginally overpriced. Acceptable for a night or two. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Rawlins, WY, started as a way-point during the construction of the trans-American railway. It's now a respite along I-80. National and local hotels. One national restaurant chain (Pizza Hut); numerous fast food restaurants on east side of town. Walmart. City Market groceries. Diesel varies from $2.599 to $2.959. Banks. No theaters. No RV stores. Local hardware stores. Carquest & O'Reillys. VA outpatient clinic on East Daley Street.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $32.00

A former KOA and a little run down, small sites, no trees, but the staff was friendly. Older folks. Not where I would come back to for more than 1 night. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Nice park. Stayed one night with full hook-up including cable TV, which was nice. Spot was plenty long enough to leave truck connected. We were in the back so very quiet and spacious. Did not give a ten because the property was weedy, but overall the park was clean. A huge perk was use of their vehicle to run an errand if you did not have a vehicle to use! Good job to the owners. They were very friendly and helpful. A young man in a golf cart leads you to your parking place. Would stay again and recommend if you are in Rawlins Wy needing a place to stay. We camped at Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

A little sprucing up and weed elimination would make this place a ten

Are you affiliated with Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) ?