Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA

Sheridan, Wyoming

63 Decker Road
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

Like many KOAs, this was close to the freeway and lots of traffic noise. Staff when we checked in were businesslike, not real friendly. Interior roads were easy to navigate but were one way roads so you have to take a circuitous route to get in and out. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Sheridan is a neat town. Wish we had spent more time there.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $46.00

Very easy access off and on the highway. Park is typical of KOA Journey parks--gravel roads, gravel sites. Some trees on the entrance road could use some trimming. Otherwise there were no issues. Both Verizon and AT&T worked well. Our pull through site was easy to access and leave; there were some big trees we had to drive between but they were plenty far apart. We had no trouble getting a satellite TV signal from our rooftop dish. Our site was almost ridiculously long. We could easily have put another car, if not another RV on our site. The front office staff were pleasant. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

The park is on the north side of the city. The Walmart and other shopping is ~15 minutes away on the south side.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $47.00

3 Nights. Nice level sight. Wifi was OK but dropped out sometimes. Noise from the I-90 wasn't noticed or from the trains. Staff were lovely. Never used any of the facilities. 3 miles from downtown which is great. We would stay here again. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

B20
Asphalt, Gravel

Took the Road 14A into Bighorn National Forrest for a scenic drive and it was So beautiful. The Road 16 from Buffalo is not as pretty that goes into the The National Forrest. Went to both Brewery which were good. Also went to dinner at the Wyoming Rib & Chop restaurant which was lovely.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

Town was about 1 1/2 miles away and did not have a tow vehicle. If you're thinking of renting a car, call ahead to rental companies and reserve. My site seemed tight, but others had the room. People seemed nice and friendly. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $47.00

This KOA was a nice surprise. Some of the KOA parks are very, very tight where you have trouble parking your car or opening your awning. But this KOA was roomier and that was nice surprise. The sites are shaded. There is an interstate nearby and I did hear some noise but not much. There is a big dog park - the only problem was the mosquitoes loved us as soon as we started walking over there. The Wifi worked great for us! This was also a surprise because some KOAs have terrible Wifi. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $49.00

Quiet, clean, staff friendly. Sites are a little rough. Could be graded or have more gravel applied. Some sites are shaded some are not. Some are long enough to keep car connected to big rig. Campground was only about 20% full the night we stopped in late August. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

A

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $21.00

WY CGs are like the state-rugged to an extent. The elements are hard on things here. We were in row A, which has good room between sites. A creek runs by the CG and sometimes has a smell, but other WY rivers/streams do the same. The grounds were clean/acceptable. There's no cable. FHU was suitable/easy to access/reliable. KOA WIFI was not. Verizon cell/data was good. Interstate does run close by but not a bother. I am noise sensitive. Could not enjoy sleeping w/ windows open at night though. There are permanent residents here but not an issue. Nice dog park. Large flocks of turkeys moved through the CG. Flies can be an issue at times, and you need to bring a mat to keep the dust from getting into the rig if you have an issue w/ this. I'd return. Not the best & not the worst but good for this part of the country. I prefer to spread out a bit and open my awning. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A

Sackett's Market for fabulous deli/meat - some of the best we've ever found. Health Nut & Wellness on Grinnell Plaza for organic groceries/supplies (closed on Saturday). They also have takeaway sandwiches. Soups when cooler weather. Ginger Salon for hair/spa treatments. Bayou Stanley's food truck for some New Orleans flair. Sheridan is a delight - main street shopping is super fun!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

.Stayed 1 night while traveling thru. Staff was friendly but person who checked us in didn't seem to know all procedures as he asked no questions and failed to provide wifi info. Park needs work as roads had water filled potholes and mud from recent rain. It is a small campground for today's rigs. Utilities worked fine. Noise from I25 and rail line which seems normal for many campgrounds. If we had been staying for awhile I would look for another place. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $54.00

We overnighted here and probably will find another location the next time we pass through. Too close to I-90 about 150 yards. Reserved a space for 35 ft trailer and 21 ft tow truck only to be given a 45 ft long pull through. We had to change locations and gave up sewer connection to do so. Good thing it was only overnight. Getting in and out of the park requires you to drive nearly every road in the place. Some big trees are close and if folks don't keep their tow vehicles on their sites you might not get past in a few spots. AT&T cell and data worked. The wifi was very iffy. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $47.00

Checking in when we entered the office, it smelled bad. Don't know if it was the owner but she was not friendly. Gave us our map with our site and explained how to get to it.

When we arrived at the site there was a bag of trash on it. The squirrels were tearing into the bag eating the trash. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but left the next morning. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

If you're looking for a place in Sheridan, you have two options: lots of amenities or well maintained/serviced. This KOA is best suited for families, with lots of amenities. My experience is consistent with other campers: mediocre staff and unreliable WIFI. The bathrooms were smelly on occasion and often dark. Other than that, the kids loved all the options. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

b17

This place fills up for rodeo week, so plan ahead and get here early to beat the crowds.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $44.00

Made reservations 1 week in advance for a large pull through. Two days before my arrival they cancelled my reservation. So I called them and they said I call them to cancel, which I didn't, so she reinstated my reservation. When I arrived I was place in site A4 which I could barely get into. Looking at it, there are trees up against my motorhome without the slides open. The sewer connection is by the road about 50 feet from my tank so unable to hookup sewer. I had tree branches on top of my 40ft motorhome so no satalite tv. After complaining to the lady at the front desk she said that there was another site but it was even worse. This place is very rundown and in dire need of maintaining the surroundings. The road is so dusty my tow car is covered in dust. Oh, and the maintenance man said that we aren't to put motorhomes towing in that site A4. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

A4
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Don't stay here!

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $39.00

Very nice looking KOA. Great grounds and nice layout. Sites fairly level. We used FHU and all worked fine. Easy check-in. Nice kids playground area. My only complaint: for $40, there's terrible wi-fi, 3 channels OTA that didn't work, and NO CATV. This KOA is highly overpriced and over rated for lack of support services. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A19

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $38.00

We called before arriving and was told that they were open but the office was not fully open. We were instructed to use the late arrival box when we arrive. As we 0ulled in the attendant met us at the office. Our only option was full hookups due to the whole park had not been opened for the season. Our charge came to $40.75. Only the bathhouse was open. The pool, laundry and Jacuzzi was still winterized. The site were long and level. We were unable to connect to the wifi. We used our own since we weren't have to pay for their wifi. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A8

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $39.00

Decent place to stay.
There's a lot of road noise since I-25 and another hwy run right next to the park. However, this makes easy access.
There is a nice off-leash dog area as well as at least an acre dedicated to walking pets.
Only complaint is the in park roads, which they insist we use when exiting the park. The roads are rough and full of holes. We camped at Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A17

Local breweries. :)

Featured Campgrounds Near Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA

Are you affiliated with Sheridan / Big Horn Mountains KOA ?