8 Good

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

This is a clean and comfortable park under new ownership. The site was spacious and an easy pull through. The park was not crowded when I was there, only 1 other camper on the upper level most nights. Lower level back-in's had 4 or 5 RV's. The park has a well-stocked store with basic items, coffee, ice cream, and simple food. I used the laundry facility and it was clean and well maintained. $2.00 per washer, $1.50 per dryer. The restroom was clean and well maintained. Several shower stalls and toilets were located in the Ladies Room and each had a 3/4 door for privacy. Sinks were communal. This was a good choice to stay given that I wanted to visit Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, and Crazy Horse. Very cold 2 of the 3 nights I stayed, 27F overnight! Owners were helpful and friendly and gave great info on the attractions in the area. The site was not level but I used my Anderson Levelers with ease. They offer cable for $2.00 a day and have coaxial cable for sale in the store so I took advantage of that amenity and received about 50 channels. I would stay at this park again. Note that their water pressure is high (80 psi) so a water pressure regulator is essential for hook-up. I had my own but they do sell them at their store. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

Stayed 2 nights and as we didn't want to unload car from tow dolly had a space that was ample for that. Wifi not working at all in park had to go to office but was suppose to be fixed later in week. New owners are very nice and since park was listed as Passport America but wasn't they gave us cable (2.00 per day charge) free. Was very clean. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

We had reserved for two nights, but left after checking in. There was NO shade, gravel/dirt sites, and heavy winds. We could not open windows because of wind, couldn't put out awning because of wind, and a/c could not cool us because it was 90 degrees and NO shade. When I went to office to "check out", owner offered no other site. She didn't seem to care that we were leaving, so I got my credit card reversed and left. Won't try that one again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

upper
Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

The site was tight but adequate. Not very scenic but a good place to overnight. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Easy in/out from I-90, fuel station nearby. Stayed for one night, planned to not have to unhook. Explained the length of my rig and was told, no problem. There was a problem and no other site was available, so I unhooked and dealt with it (< 60' total). Only used electric and it worked fine. I would not stay again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

The drive to Devils Tower is nice through farm land, good road, no road work. The station on the nearby corner was about $.30 per gallon higher for diesel than elsewhere in the area...be aware.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Nightly rate included $2 for cable and Good Sam discount, didn't include taxes, etc.. Very nice staff, great view, easy access from 90. We had a spacious pull thru (gravel) but had to disconnect the tow due to sewer hookup being at the very very back of the lot. I noticed several, if not all, of the pull thrus were like that. They booked every site the 3 nights we were here, so make sure and call ahead! Town of Sundance is charming. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

upper tier

Devil's Tower very close by. Serious road construction on the east side of the loop going to Devil's Tower (dirt, mud, rutts-glad we didn't have MH), which is the longest way from Mtn View to Devil's Tower.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

This has been a regular stop for us before and/or after the Black Hills area for years. See my 7/16 review for a more detailed description of the park. As usual, we had a FHU, pull through site on the second level. These sites decent except for the at the rear sewer placement. The cable TV is still good and our site was satellite friendly. I found the Wi-FI to still be a bit unreliable. Once again, the pool was very refreshing on a warm day. The bathrooms are small and old, but clean. The laundry was fine. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

50 amp service, high water pressure, sewer,swimming pool and unlevel pullthrough. This was a one night stop and it was easy to get to off of I-90. Kind of expensive, this included $2 for cable. Wifi never showed up at our site. Sites were close together and gravel with some grass. No trees at our site. No train noise. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

Had to make last minute plans and they were able to accommodate us on the 4th of July in a back-in with 30amp W/E only. Nice RV park with small rec room and pool. Lots of grass area. There is some noise from the freeway but not bothersome. Staff was very nice and helpful. Park has been sold and new owners take ownership in August. There doesn't appear to be a dump station. We were told to use a vacant site. You want either a pull-thru on the last row on the lower level or a back-in. If not the hot afternoon sun will be facing your door. We would definitely stay there again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $82.00

Very nice park with FHU and good electric and good quality water. Allows pets but no pet park (I found a field down the road to let the dogs loose). There are sidewalks in the city to walk as well. No amenities such as rec center. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

This is the place to stay if you want to visit Devils Tower NM. Sundance also has a nice museum downtown I recommend you visit. They also have a bunch of geocaches around the city - ask at the museum for a list.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $44.00

This was adequate for our needs but certainly not worth $44 per night. Spaces are close together and there are several long term campers. Friendly check in and park kept clean. Site surface is gravel and had a picnic table. Wouldn't stay again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

42 Upper Level

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $35.00

Just needed a place to stay to go see Devils Tower. It is 28 miles to the national park area but this rv park is right off 90 so it makes it an easy place to stop and stay instead of dragging the rv to the monument. The other parks at the monument are nice, we just wanted to stay closer to the highway. The water was turned off because of early april and they turned it on for us to fill our tanks but never turned it on again even though it was a beautiful day the next day. We ran out of water and no one was around to help. Not a big deal but not convenient. No one was around because early in the year so I get it. Wifi did not work at all. Kept dropping me and caused all sorts of issues even though there was only one other person there and we were right at the office. Very expensive for what you get. Nice staff though. Easy on off the highway etc. Verizon wifi worked well. No local channels so need the cable and open area so you can use sat tv well. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

We really appreciate the staff contacting us prior to our arrival to let us know of the heavy fog condition. Check-in staff was very friendly and informative of what to see around the area. Wifi is available but had to connect. We needed extra long hose for the sewer hook up as the connection is passed the end of our fifth wheel. Water pressure is high and need a regulator to connect. Our site is level. This is a very quiet campground and we will definitely come back again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Vore Buffalo Jump is definitely worth a visit. Make sure to pay the $7 to get the guided tour.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $41.00

THis was a convenient stop on a long trip, being close to a truck stop and next to I90. Easy to find, excellent signage. Sites are basic but not overcrowded. I was in Class B and stayed in a full hookup 30 amp pull through site. Also a convenient place if you are visiting Devil's Tower. WiFi was unstable at my site. I saw a number of people walking around to picnic tables closer to the office, I presume to get a better connection. Would stay there again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

Very friendly and helpful staff. She gave us the low-down on where everything was, maps with directions, and recommendations on where to eat. Our site was ok. It was right next to the playground which would not have been good if it was summer and kids were there, but since no kids around, it was a nice open site. Plenty of grass behind the sites to walk the dog. Water pressure is very high and they warn you to use a regulator. They said it was 85psi but my gauge showed closer to 100 psi. We camped at Mountain View RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Devils Tower 28 miles away. A must-see.

Are you affiliated with Mountain View RV Park & Campground ?