Fountain of Youth RV Park

Recent Rate: $38 9/2014

Longitude: -108.205772638321

• yes-river Waterfront

796ccjohnson

From the road, this looks like a pretty little place, grass, level concrete pads, so we momentarily forgot that beauty is only skin deep. When we mentioned that the RV Park reviews for the place were a bit dodgy, the lounging host said “Well, you can’t always believe them online reviews.” You can believe these. I am not sure that the electric is what caused my microwave to suddenly go crazy, but it did. After looking at the setup, I did not hook up to the water or sewer, and did not try the WiFi…and there was no cell phone reception. My spouse had planned to try the thermal pool here, but after looking at the restrooms, and at the stuff floating (some possibly swimming) in the pool, she decided against it. She went for a shower, opened the first one to find it full of running bugs, the second to find what appeared to be a used syringe; used the third reluctantly (the fourth had an abandoned scrunchy lying on the bench). The mens restroom had one urinal, one toilet stall, and three sinks. You won’t have to wait to get into the bathroom though, the latch hardware has been removed. There were spider webs on the urinal and on the air freshener, which didn’t. There was an empty soap dispenser, and no paper towel or hand drier. The person responsible for mopping the center of the floor did not extend that effort to the corners. We went through a container of anti-bacterial hand wipes in one night. There is some highway noise, although that is not too bad since you are below the highway, adjacent to the railroad tracks. Have I mentioned the trains? The tracks run just behind this small park. Trains roaring past make the ground shake…literally shake. The owner of this place apparently lives in what looks like a nice, clean, modern house above the premises; it is unfortunate the same effort has not been extended to the campground facilities. We stayed one night in a popup trailer. I’d say a fair one-night price might lie somewhere between zero and fourteen dollars, but we paid $38 for the privilege. In the future, we will stay someplace at least an hour’s drive away from Thermopolis. I gave it a 3 because I've seen one worse campground, and presumably there could be one worse than that out there. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Largeandy

This place is pretty junky. Spaces are extremely tight and they were experiencing sewer problems when we were there so you could smell open sewer most of the time. Park is very unkempt and one could easily tell that very little money is spent on upkeep. We would not return here unless it was a last resort. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

nightofstars

FOY RV Park. Nice people, fairly relaxed environment, beautiful water. Probably better in your own self-sufficient rigs as showers were not felt as sanitary; but there is a peace that comes with this spring water that cannot be explained. You must stay at least a week to leave understanding what is said. This deep peace seems to be a very we'll kept secret of this mysterious, beautiful area of the world. that is about all I can say because the waters stoled the show. I bottled some up at the source right where it comes out of the ground & we drink it & use it in our hair & on our skin in our creams. Floated around resting for hours on a drooping swim Matt for fun. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Jack&Wanda

Reason for the low number is the unlevel sites, had to use a board under one side just to start leveling. It was a little tight but I had no problem with my 40 foot 5th wheel, just went slow. The Wi-Fi and staff were excellent. Given what we had and the active train track within 50 feet, I thought the price was a little high. Yes, there is a hot spring pool to use but site cost was still too high. I would still recommend the park and would stay here again. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Chbronson

Yup, this park has seen its best days long ago. Appliances in restrooms and showers are old and jittery, there is neither paper towels nor a hand dryer in the restroom. Upon check-in there is no explanation where restrooms/showers, laundry etc. are or if there is WiFi and if you need a password to use it - you have to ask for this. Here and there is a little bit of trash around and the sites are not well maintained. You need quarters for the showers. I'm definitely not the spoiled kind and since there weren't any other real problems I'd be willing to put up with all these shortcomings if they didn't charge 34 USD per night. Won't stay here again. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Gma Terrie

This is not only an RV park, it's an experience! Due to other reviews, we were cautious, so unhooked in town, and drove the 2 miles here to look it over, and decided to come in for two nights. The quirky clerk was polite, but reserved, til I asked his name, then he warmed right up. A friendly woman escorted us to our site. The sites accommodate all sizes, with a few saved for big rigs. Yes, the place is cosmetically challenged, but we had: full hookups, good Wi-Fi, a small patio with grill, and the largest mineral pool I've ever seen. It's beautiful and natural and included in the fee. (As another reviewer mentioned, no long list of rules!) Where else can you float at leisure in therapeutic warm water, while viewing gorgeous Wind River Valley terrain, plus see a train go by?! The trains do not blast their horns, by the way. The laundry room was fine ($1.25 to wash), and we met very friendly and interesting folks from all over, including locals, who come here for the water. We enjoyed Thermopolis: the state park, the dinosaur museum, a rodeo, bison in the pasture, cute shops. Kirby which is 12 miles away, has Wyoming Whiskey distillery with tours, and Butch's Burgers. We would return here. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Motorhome.

KBernstein

Wow, this park is really run down. Weeds, junk and trash throughout. The pictures of how this place used to look made me sad because it is now run down and ratty. I enjoyed the hot springs pool, but other than I can't say much good about the place. Showers and restrooms were so bad we did not use them. I would not stay here again. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

TheTravelBugs

Overall, decent park. My one real complaint was the showers. You had to pay to use them, and then the water that came out of them was the same sulfur hot springs water in the pool! I was pretty irritated by that, but otherwise I really loved this place. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Tent.

stacijo

The park was nice and quiet, the spots a little tight to get in to with a large fifth wheel, but the staff was excellent and helpful. Warning that the GPS directions from Thermopolis are not quite as clear as they could be, do NOT try to go through the Hot Springs Park, the underpass for the railroad is 12 foot and we lost an AC unit by misjudging it. Use the highway to the left and go around the park and it is easy to find: at least now we know! The pools are warm and relaxing, interesting to see the natural hot springs in the park! We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Raymer46

We have stayed at this RV Park many times in the last 25 years and have never had a bad experience. We really enjoy soaking in the large hot mineral pool. It has a little sulfur smell but I think that the benefits of the hot mineral water outweigh the smell. There is a stage set up at the pool and many evenings throughout the summer the owner will sing which is very enjoyable. Also he will have a small Church service on Sunday mornings. I would recoment this park to anyone. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Eric K

This park is a junk yard. The park has junk in every corner. The dumpster was overflowing when we arrived but was emptied by the third day of our visit. The sites are very close, my awning was about two feet from the neighbors slide and their sewer dump was next to our slab. The sewer system backed up at least three times during our stay. The showers are pay showers. We had some relatives stay in the guest house and it was filthy and infested with rodents. The mineral hot springs have an odor and we were prepared for that, but the entire campground stunk from the poor sewer system. This place is very run down. The sites are semi-level. My trailer hitch was almost to the ground to get the trailer level. Wi-Fi was non-existent. There are train tracks near the park but there was not a lot of train traffic. For the money, this was a complete rip off. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

dbl4de3

We only stayed one night. Did not use showers since they were pay. No one around when we arrived and waited until we saw someone to check in. Sites are tight getting into and out of for bigger RVs. Wi-Fi very sporadic. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

PSM 1

Not where I had planned to stay, but glad I found it. Located on the North side of town. Friendly staff. Hot springs on site. Pull through with plenty of maneuvering room and open space, vs the competition in town. I will stay here again. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

AluminumCloud

Fountain of youth  RV camping with mineral hot springs! Included in the cost is unlimited use of the warm and hot mineral swimming pools.  Please note: mineral does mean there is a sulfur smell at the pool and in the campgrounds.  I had a great time swimming and lounging in the warm waters in late afternoon and again in the evening - the pool is open 7am to 9:30pm.  No band played poolside at night this time we stayed.   A short drive into town took us to the historic mineral spring terraces, the fantastical white sulfur spring, and then through the bison park. The sites are gravel, not quite level, and the campground in general could benefit from a bit of sprucing-up and updating.  I visit for the pool and the Big Horn River aka Wind River. I will be back. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

bilmo

For those who have used this park in the past, it is just the same as always. It is older with tight spaces, but everyone has a patio, picnic table and a grill. The power is good. The pool is cleaned weekly and fresh water is exchanged several times a day. It is mineral water and has stuff in it. This has been a bad bug season everywhere, use a spray. There is a small pile of stuff to recycle. Would stay here again and enjoy the rustic pool which is so nice with any temp you want. We camped at Fountain of Youth RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Fountain of Youth RV Park?