We made a reservation several months ahead to be certain to get a site when we arrived at the end of May. Upon our arrival we were assigned to a site which was very muddy and soggy with a huge puddle right where our entry door would be. The spring melt created much flooding and the park didn't seem to have adequate drainage. There were, though, quite a few sites which were dry and could be accessed. We asked to be moved to a different, dry site but were turned down. The reason stated for the refusal was that other campers were expected. However, it was stated that no sites are assigned until the actual moment of registration. Therefore, why were we told that all other locations were already taken? Since we'd made our request so much earlier, we couldn't understand why we would not be able to move to a dry spot. The women at the reservation desk were adamant about not being able to accommodate us and stated that our only option was to leave with a refund. I believe we would have enjoyed staying at this campground as it was highly written up as being a very pleasant stay. However, in lieu of the lack of hospitality, we decided to move to another location in the area.
This campground accepted our request for a 3-night stay after we had been evicted from a different park. The KOA graciously took us in and gave us a dry, clean site with all the needed facilities we requested. The park manager personally directed us to their last available site and made certain we were comfortable. We recommend this site to anyone who needs a hospitable, welcoming park.