Campround Dots

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Old Guys Rule, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Old Guys Rule

Old Guys Rule
    Expand Collapse

I've got a question that's probably stupid, but I'll ask anyway :p

When I log on to the clickable map from my home computer, I show the little dots that represent campgrounds on the map. My work computer, however, does not show them.

Is there a way to enable them on my work PC?

Thanks,

Rick G

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Old Guys (not that you are),

I am sooooo confused! A few days ago someone else reported this same problem. (See the thread titled "Click Able Map." ) I replied to their question by saying that the US map on this site's home page does not have dots on it that are clickable. I said that because I have never had dots on the map that appears on my computer. I honestly thought they were confusing this map with another one that had dots. Now however, you have said you cannot see the clickable dots when you're on your work computer. So I am beginning to think that some people actually do have clickable dots on the US map, but my computer definitely doesn't display any. In fact the map I get is so small I don't see how there could be dots. They would have to be on top of one another. Maybe someone else has an explanation about this.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 31 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]9712[/snapback]

Old Guys (not that you are),

I am sooooo confused! A few days ago someone else reported this same problem. (See the thread titled "Click Able Map." ) I replied to their question by saying that the US map on this site's home page does not have dots on it that are clickable. I said that because I have never had dots on the map that appears on my computer. I honestly thought they were confusing this map with another one that had dots. Now however, you have said you cannot see the clickable dots when you're on your work computer. So I am beginning to think that some people actually do have clickable dots on the US map, but my computer definitely doesn't display any. In fact the map I get is so small I don't see how there could be dots. They would have to be on top of one another. Maybe someone else has an explanation about this.

I don't get the dots, either. All I know about a "clickable" map is that you click on the state and it brings up a list of the cities. On the other hand, reserveusa, which is the Government campground reservation site, DOES have the clickable dots.

JJ

4. Oakman

Oakman
    Expand Collapse

The only dots on my state maps are the ones representing the major cities of the state I'm looking at, but they are not clickable.

5. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

i click on the state, blue dots show up, click on the dot and a town name shows up, click on the town name and a campground name shows up.
    that's on my home computer.
    bob

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dog bone @ Dec 31 2007, 05:02 PM) [snapback]9721[/snapback]

i click on the state, blue dots show up, click on the dot and a town name shows up, click on the town name and a campground name shows up.
    that's on my home computer.
    bob

Reserveusa.gov used to have this.... until they changed it to Recreation.gov. I've never seen this on this site! Wish I could see it!

JJ :(

7. Old Guys Rule

Old Guys Rule
    Expand Collapse

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Old Guys Rule,

Works the same way on our Apple with OSX software.

9. Old Guys Rule

Old Guys Rule
    Expand Collapse

Well, here's something I just discovered.

When I use Firefox on my work computer, I get the click able dots that take me to the town and campgrounds within that town. IE does not have the dots.

I use Firefox as my browser at my home computer that has the click able dots also. Could it be a Firefox feature?

Rick G.

10. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

I do not see spots.

Am I not drinking enough?

I can correct that. :D

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Netscape has them too.

12. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Jan 2 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]9758[/snapback]

Netscape has them too.

I stopped using Netscape because, "I have been assimilated. Resistance is futile."

JJ

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I GOT THE BLUE DOTS!!!!! I GOT THE BLUE DOTS!!!!!

I did what Cheryl said and used Netscape as my browser (I usually use IE), and there they were just like she said. They were on the state maps, not the US map. This is a good feature because you can actually choose a dot in the area where you want to stay. Sometimes I do not know the names of towns in a particular area and I have to use an atlas to get town names before I can look them up on this site. I will probably continue to use IE when I'm just browsing reviews or reading the forum, but when I am planning a trip and need to see where towns and campgrounds are located I will definitely log in with Netscape.

THANK YOU, CHERYL.

GW, I did buy 2 bottles of wine today, but I haven't drunk them yet. Maybe just holding them helped. :p

14. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi Texasrvers,
    May I suggest you try Firefox? Netscape will not be supported or developed after early February 08, it will slowly fade away. Firefox will continue to be developed and it already is so much better than IE that you will soon see why more and more people get rid of IE. I use Safari most of the time and firefox as a backup, but try to stay clear of microsoft products whenever feasible. Safari displays the dots like it's supposed to be.

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

wprigge,

Thanks for the tip. I was just so excited to see dots that I didn't think about anything else. I actually have never heard of Safari, but I'm not very technology savvy. I have heard Firefox is very good, and I will probably give it a try.

16. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Safari and Firefox work on the Apple osx system. Will they run on MS system? :unsure:

17. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi John,

Firefox runs on MS systems. It has about 10% market share since IE comes with PC's.