Posted Review ?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by EJS4029, Sep 5, 2017.

1. EJS4029

EJS4029
    Expand Collapse

I posted a campground review about 2 weeks ago and it said it went to the review process however, I have not seen the review posted yet...How long does that process take ?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You did not mention what park the review was for so I was unable to check if we received the one you are referring to. The only unposted review that we have from you was submitted on 8-30-17. Most time of the year we get reviews posted in 1-2 days. However, during the camping season, we get many more reviews and it takes us longer. We are working as fast as we can, and your patience will be appreciated.

3. EJS4029

EJS4029
    Expand Collapse

It was for Mountain Stream RV park in Marion, NC Thanks for the update I just wanted to make sure I submitted the review correctly.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, we have it. That is the one submitted on 8-30. Thanks for checking on it.

5. ForestWalker

ForestWalker
    Expand Collapse

I just wrote a review for the Taos Valley RV Park, Taos, NM and it was posted immediately.

Three reviews from last week are in "pending approval" status. (Fort Bridger RV Camp, WY., Yampa River State Park, Hayden, CO. and Twin Falls 93 RV, Twin Falls, ID)

Just curious as to why some are reviewed and others not.

Thanks.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

From what I have read before on the forums concerning this ( and please don't hold me to this because I may not be completely accurate ) first time reviewers or reviews that may contain certain language will go into a query via the automated software to be screened by the volunteer admins before they go online, this may take a few days especially during peak camping season. This is normal and has happened to my reviews also.

If your not a new reviewer and if the automated software picks up no language issues, then it goes directly online.

Mike

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for asking about this. Submitted reviews are approved in several ways. Admins monitor all reviews, but we also rely on some automation to check for wording or information not permitted in reviews (such as personal names, names of other RV parks, profanity, advertisements, and email or web addresses to name a few). If the system detects an issue, the review is then placed in a queue so that it will be checked by an admin before publishing, and this process may take a few days. If no issues are detected, the review may be green lighted through the system more quickly than others. Also reviews submitted by newer reviewers are always read by an admin, but more experienced reviewers may have some of their reviews automatically approved. Finally, the automated system is not infallible, and as a result, some reviews that have none of these issues may be held for admins to read.

We deeply appreciate the time and effort made by reviewers to add to the wealth of info about parks, and we know that these folks would like to see their reviews posted quickly. To achieve this we will continue to "fine tune" the algorithms used in this automated process and, over time, we expect to be able to further improve it so reviews are posted with less delay.

Here's a link to our review guidelines: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/docs/guidelines

8. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I think a perfect example of a review from a veteran reviewer that was held for manual review, probably because it failed the "personal name" test, was one I submitted awhile ago for "Robert Moses State Park" in upstate NY. I was not at all surprised that it didn't get past the filters automatically, and in fact would have thought something was wrong if it did! The review also had a mention of "Eisenhower" in it, referring to the nearby lock on the St Lawrence Seaway, so I'm sure one or both names tripped it up.

9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Not sure how many of you folks are familiar with the legend of Champ, the famous sea monster that makes it's home in Lake Champlain NY. Well a few yrs ago we stayed at a campground that overlooked the lake. At the very end of my review I wrote that we "Didn't see Champ" Well apparently my review went into the query because I posted a name and the last three words was removed from my review.

Folks you need to know your legends! :p:D

Mike

NYDutch likes this.