Unable to Review RV Parks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by docsouce, Oct 5, 2017.

1. docsouce

docsouce
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to post reviews and keep getting kicked out. The system keeps changing my dollar amount from (example) $42.00 which is the correct entry as shown on the page to just plain 42 no dollar sign decimal or zeros. I have just began reviewing the campsites we visited on our cross country and have 4 or 5 reviews pending, could this pending action be stopping me? Also the RV parks it seems to be rejecting are: Havre RV park and Johnson's Campground both in Montana. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't know where else to post this. Also contacted the site help deks..

thanks

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Not sure why these two campgrounds are being rejected. They are both listed in RVPR. I can say that the system automatically rounds up or down the nightly rate to the nearest dollar. If you input 42.50, it rounds up to 43. So if you input 42.00, it would automatically change to 42. Perhaps you can contact HD to find out about the two campgrounds you are trying to submit reviews for.

3. docsouce

docsouce
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll try another park. And one in another state. Fortunately we stayed in 46 campgrounds on this trip!!!

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Put the price in without the $ sign. As said, the system will round if it's not whole dollars. And keep in mind that for a lot of people the season is over, and now they have the time to catch up on a lot of reviews. Please be patient if your reviews don't post right away. The volunteers will get to them as quickly as their time permits.

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I don't know why you feel this is a problem. The system assumes that prices are in dollars so there's no reason for the dollar sign and it also rounds everything to whole dollars so it drops the decimal and the zeroes. This isn't a "rejection" of your reviews.

You currently have a review for Havre Park in the queue; it was submitted today (10/7). It will be processed in a few days. The current backlog is ~5 days.

Joel (AKA docj)

6. docsouce

docsouce
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate the instructions given to me concerning the problem I had. Everything seems OK now.
    Thanks to all for your patience with me on this matter.