Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I worked some on those days and things were fine AFAIK

2. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

I seems you are annoyed, appreciate the time you spent. I will re-submit.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It sounds as if there is still a little bit of confusion here. You are correct that when you go to a park's listing and use the Upload Photo link, the photo is displayed on that park's page. If you look at the listings for White Oak Lake State Park, Tall Texas Campground, Lotis Creek Campground, and Lake Dardnell State Park you will see the photos that you submitted for them.

What you may not realize is that photos that are submitted in this manner are also displayed on the member's profile page. The name of the park is not seen on this page, but when you mouse over or click on a photo the name of the park is then shown along with other information about the photo including the date it was submitted and the caption entered. You can also mouse over or click on the photos on the park page, and the same information will be displayed. The park page also allows you to choose a specific category of photos and then view only the photos in that category.

I hope this explains how photos are displayed on our site, but if you have further questions, please ask.

Finally you said you had uploaded photos for three parks you submitted reviews for, but I need to let you know that we only received photos for Lake Dardnell State Park, and they are posted on your profile and on the park's page. For some reason we did not receive any photos from you for Crater of Diamonds State Park or Beaver Bend Resort. I am sorry something went wrong with this procedure, but the only recourse available now is for you to resubmit the reviews and photos, and hopefully things will go more smoothly this time.

4. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. I have re-submitted the reviews for the 3 'lost ones' when I attempted to do them again, everything I had entered was 'cached' but it was not posted.
    I apparently was not getting the popup in Firefox for the "cant use these characters in site number, or site number is over 20 characters". Firefox would just go back to the opening page map like it took it. But the confirmation page did not show. Strange. Popup blocker or something, even thought the site is whitelisted. It was my issue in reality.
    Moved to Chrome, and got the popup, so saw what was happening.
    3 are now posted.
    The photos explanation I understand. And yes I see them under "Guest Photos".
    So all seems to be operational and it appears that it was something with Firefox.
    Thanks!!!

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Thanks for being knowledgeable and gracious enough to realize that the problem was on your end and not ours. That is not a frequent occurrence!
    Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!!

Joel (AKA docj)

6. ctpres

ctpres
    Expand Collapse

Attn: Idea Dept. How about place or way to save personal search favorites. Could even be part of premium service. In my trip planning I have to put best park choices on paper.

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I just bookmark my choices when I search and save them in a trip designated folder.

8. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

@docj mate every time I try to post it comes

up with a I am not a robot window and i am stuffed from there is there something I can do?

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I don't recall seeing that CAPTCHA popup on this site, but why don't you just check the "I am not a robot" box like we all do on other sites? Will it not accept a checkmark?

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

That is a good suggestion and we are hoping to get this feature added in the future.

11. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

No Doc it just keeps popping up every time I try to respond

12. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Are you accepting cookies from this site?

13. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Dut
    Yeah Dutchy I am cant work it out going to try another browser firefox instead of safari to see if it has same issues

NYDutch likes this.
  14. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

@docj if you get mac users having this issue they can download and use Firefox and the issue stops.

NYDutch likes this.
  15. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

I'm on FF for MAC, no issues.

16. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

Texasrvers, I searched the site and cant find anything. I'd love to put a "stamp" for my profile/reviews on my own blog.
    • Next to every review, there is a nice little widget, but it doesn't have any stand alone code I can find.
    • There is a hover over for that widget also. That provides Review Count, States Visited, Helpful reviews, Photo Count, Year Member, Helpful votes. Also the Rating Distribution rating graph.
    Is there a way that we could pilfer those for blog use, they would link back to campgroundreviews.com specifically to the profile? This would help drive traffic from say a blog source. I just seem to run across lots of people that don't even know about the site, so I like having it on my blog, as it is my single go-to site for reviews over google or the likes.

It would not be difficult to generate a simple widget code, square or rectangle, like it already is, and provide. Something yall might do?

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

At the risk of sounding like an automated response, I will say again that that is a nice suggestion, and I will pass it along to our developers.

18. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

It's understandable, and you have to prioritize the sprints. But seems easy, since the code is there, just need it to generate a portable graphic for it.
    Also as a priority, it might drive traffic to the site as well.
    But I understand and thank you!

19. MattB

MattB
    Expand Collapse

imo should eliminate reviews from 4+years in past, seem a bit out of date/ worthless

20. MattB

MattB
    Expand Collapse

imo should eliminate reviews from 4+years in past, seem a bit out of date/ worthless