The Great Lets go on holidays whilst putting a new kitchen adventure

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Jason Goodwin, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The main attraction in San Diego is the zoo. You could stay in Los Angeles and do a day trip down to San Diego for that. That might save you a day to visit that small town in northern California.

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jason - Would for sure like to meet up with you but by the sound of how your trip route is panning out so far we would be a tad out of the way for you to make a side trip to our area. We live off of a main interstate highway between Sacramento and Reno and somewhat out in the boonies. From your latest route info you will be traveling further south and east and with the trip being cut back now to just 14 days, it wouldn't be a two day drive up here and then back down south to continue on your planned route, etc. Also at that time of the year we are normally not in the area due to the holidays and are up in the state of Washington visiting family there. What I need to do is convince the "significant other", aka "the boss", to get on a "jumbo" and make the 18 plus hour flight down to your land of OZ. She hates flying and told me that if we can stick the RV on a tramp steamer and float down then she'd be willing to go...... :eek:

Tell you what. You rent a vehicle with a "CB" radio in it and I'll hook up my old home station and we'll chat as you make your way to all the great places you will be visiting. I will unofficially dub you with the CB handle (that means name) of "Ozman"......... :D

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jason, were looking for some carpentry work too, come to the east coast. I'll treat you to a New England clambake with plenty of Sam Adams Beer... how can you pass this up! :D

Hey, love the job you did on the kitchen reno, looks great!

Can I send some of our winter weather down under and you send back some summer weather to CT . This way we can even everything out to maybe 70 degrees F. What better camping weather for everyone!! :cool:

Mike

#23 mdcamping, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Original message above had a typo I was unable to correct after submitting so that is why it is posted twice. Sorry about this.......... BankShot

6. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

You lads are spoiling me I need to come over for a couple of months I reckon. You guys are ALWAYS welcome here @BankShot @mdcamping @Onemoretrail @Rollin Ollens @NYDutch
    I think I need to try and find the time to visit that small town near Sacramento and then get over for an amazing clam bake. I do love Sam Adams ales Mike!

#26 Jason Goodwin, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    mdcamping, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Like Australia there are so many really neat places to see in this country that you really do need a couple of months or more to see them in all in one trip. Just out west alone you could spend that two months driving around to see everything that is spread out from the Canadian border south to the Mexican border and east over into Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado, etc. I remember my first trip to Oz and I ended up driving from Adelaide to Brisbane. I took a week and wasn't able to see but half of what I had hoped to. Had to come back down to see some other areas. The areas you have planned to visit are all great and you will still be hard pressed to see everything in just two weeks simply due to the distances involved between them all. Make this trip an enjoyable one and don't stretch yourself too thin as you can hopefully always come back again and take a different route. And I know if you do get back for a second round Mike is going to be hounding you like crazy to come back to his area and tip a Sam Adams with him, so don't forget about that..............:D

A thought just occurred to me. What a few of us Yanks need to do is rent an ocean going ferry. We could all meet up in a predetermined west coast city, stick the RVs on board and float down south until we bump into the land of OZ. Now that really would be the trip of a lifetime, Can you imagine your nightly news showing a caravan of RV's from the U.S. coming off that ferry, going thru customs and then parading down the wrong side of the road to go meet up with Jason at one of his favorite swimming holes. Australia would never be the same again............:eek:

All the very best to you mate, Terry.....................(aka Bankshot)

#27 BankShot, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    mdcamping, Rollin Ollens and NYDutch like this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm....I think we'd like to join the trip for the clam bake!

Darrell & Jerry

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Count me in for that one. No ocean going ferry required. And if Jason could make it he could bring along some Sydney Rock Oysters, some of the best oysters on the planet............. :D

I'm getting hungry, Terry...............(aka BankShot)

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

This is how we do it in New England! :cool:

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Now this is totally uncalled for Mike. I can almost smell that steam coming out of that pot. Is that a lobster hiding down at the bottom? Looks more like bouillabaisse than a clam bake to me but hey, being from California what would I know about that kind of concoction......... :rolleyes: Wait a second, I do believe I just tasted some of it. No, must have been my vivid imagination working overtime.... :D

I'm still hungry, Terry...............(aka Bankshot)

mdcamping and Jason Goodwin like this.
  12. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

@mdcamping Mike can I just say....WOW.....WOW........WOW......now that mate is Glamping.......

mdcamping likes this.
  13. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

By the way lads......Job done kitchen finished!
    YnkTIXU8Rn2ldDNtle%b7g.jpg Still a bit of clean up to go
    4D5mYNmkS2Wp4IJrAP6WcQ.jpg Pretty happy with my work
    XUMXnKgaTaGEiruOx79nQQ.jpg
    Remember people I work for Beer and lodgings...Food is optional......having said that Mike
    (@mdcamping) just raised the bar and added Clambake to my limited Aussie vocab.......

mdcamping and NYDutch like this.
  14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Oh ya......That looks great! Drooling from the photo. So......what's in it? I see Sweet Corn, Clams, Lobster, are there some Mussels in there too?

BankShot, Jason Goodwin and mdcamping like this.
  15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

you know after looking at my clambake pic, it's making me hungry I think I might do another next summer! :cool:

I did the clambake at Old Orchard Beach, ME, yes had the mussels ,sweet corn, red bliss potatoes, steamers, and of course lobster....or as the mainers say Lobstah!

Mike

16. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I knew a guy from NE, from Worcester, Mass actually, that would take his cah to go shop at the Mawket. He'd pawk his cah wherever he could find a pawking spot. He was picking up some wicked pissa food and drink to take to a pawty.....

Okay, so that's about all I know about Bostonians and New Englanders so I'll end this on that note..:D

I still drool every time I look at that picture Mike.......... Terry