" Are I Alone??? "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Feb 16, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Just curious. Due to the fact that in almost a week now there haven't been any new posts on the forum I was just wondering if by chance I am not on the receiving list anymore? Joking a tad here however it does seem strange that out of over 105,000 members on a forum that usually sees at least one new post a day and sometimes three, four, or more, that there hasn't been a single post lately. I be a lonely old hermit sitting in his RV with nothing more to do than read and respond to posts and I am starting to get this rush of anxiety thinking I am being left out of all the fun.............. :(

Hope if somebody does read this they will take kindly to this old boy's loneliness and send him a much needed get well post............. :confused:

Hope everyone is well and takes this post as nothing more than a slight yanking of everyone's chain........... :D

Yours in all my loneliness, BankShot..........(aka Terry)

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Here's your get well soon post. You are not forgotten; it is just always slow this time of year. Everyone will come out of hibernation soon, though. Spring is on its way--unless you are in one of those places that gets snow through May and later sometimes. We have been hitting record highs in Texas--80's and 90's. Looks like Mother Nature decided to skip Spring in this area and go straight to summer.

BankShot likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I do check the forum daily, but we're currently pretty active here in the beautiful Florida weather, so I haven't been posting much on any of the forums I follow. I am behind on a few park reviews though, so I'd better get those caught up before the details fade.

Oh, and Terry, get your butt outside and get some fresh air and exercise! :D

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks gents, I am feeling much mo betta already. I might even get up tomorrow sometime, do a minute of two of exercise, and then grab a bar of soap and drag my sorry old butt outside in the rain and take a shower....... :p

NYDutch likes this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

That's an idea! Scare the neighbors away so you'll have peace and quiet... :D

BankShot likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We usually only do that at clothing optional parks and then there are no worries about the local PD dragging us off to jail. You have no idea of how much fun it is to see 20 or 30 fun loving adults all showering in the rain together. We sing and dance and have even been known to do belly flops into the biggest puddles. We be a fun loving crowd, even the W&W (that would be walkers and wheelchairs) folks join in on occasion and many of them can out do the rest of us........... :eek:

Slip Sliding Away, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Oh no!!! Does anyone know a good way to unsee mental images??? :eek::rolleyes::p

Wildfire and Jason Goodwin like this.
  8. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Gee, Terry I like your posts, so sorry you are lonely. Here is a question you can think about.
    You are out walking your dog that one last time before bed, maybe around 2200 and you step in a puddle. That's funny it hadn't rained! Wow there is water all over. You swing your flashlight around and see that the water hose on the nearby motorhome is either not well secured or needs a washer. Water is pouring onto the ground. I went up to the spigot and turned it off. It would have run all night. When I told my wife she said I went on his property. I don't think so.
    So, Terry, have you ever turned off a leaking faucet?

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Not lonely anymore. I got 5 responses so far and the day still isn't over, at least in California it isn't........... :D

I can honestly say that in all my years yes I have turned of a leaking faucet or three. But not to a neighbor's RV. I did leave a note on a door however one time when the owners were gone and told them to check their water connection as it was leaking pretty bad. The guy stopped when they got back and thanked me as he had cross threaded their hook up hose on when they got in late that prior night and didn't notice it before they left to go get some groceries. And oh, your wife was correct, you were on their property, shame on you.......... :p

10. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

Hey Terry - since you're bored - what do you know about camping in the Lassen National Park area? I recall you've written about living in NorCal... We're thinking of going for a couple weeks after Labor Day and would probably also use Lassen as a base camp for things like Burney Falls & Captain Jack's Stronghold (or anything else you come up with).
    This time of the year I do a lot of daydreaming of going camping just to stay sane. The winter blahs have been a little worse this year for us too here in Western Oregon.
    Rick

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Rick -

We've been thru the area a couple of times some years back but we didn't have the motorhome back then and we only stopped to gaze up the hill to the summit, etc. Haven't headed up there yet with the motorhome but hope to one day soon. Most of our travels have kept us on the west coast from WA to the Mexican border on the southside and over into Nevada and Arizona a number of times. We travel the I-5 corridor a lot as well as Hwy 99 going south of of Sacramento. And we try to get out to the coast at least once or twice a year to get our salt air fix. We've had our share of rain and snow down this way so getting out right now is really dependent on the weather being good enough to at least get us out of the general area. We postponed our annual trek over to AZ this month due to weather related issues but are trying to put together a trip sometime in March. I get cabin fever this time of the year and have even been known to go sit in the captain's chair and make engine noises and even tap the air horn a time or three just to get the feeling that I am out on the open road with nothing but blue sky and miles of open road ahead of us. Then I open my eyes and those visions are gone and all I see is my truck, the house, and a bunch of deer eating the roses. Thanks to you and to all that responded to my post for helping get me out of the winter doldrums. It is greatly appreciated..........:)

Regards, BankShot..................(aka Terry)

12. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have the same itch as you Terry. We haven't been getting quite the rain that you folks south of us are getting but it's just not quite warm enough for us yet. Being inside the coach while traveling and sleeping is okay but I need to be "out and doing" when we get to a destination....so for me it's another two or three week wait until spring is really here.

I took note of your comment about deer eating your roses. We have what seems to be a serious over population here as well. I have had to manufacture wire baskets to surround a lot of our shrubbery. The cedar trees look like someone has taken a hedge trimmer and sculptured them to look like Coke bottles but it's from the deer eating them. These animals no longer have any fear of man and people and pets are starting to get hurt. I don't have a well thought out answer solution for the issue but I'm thinking folks need to acquire a taste for venison again.

I hope the weather in your neck of the woods clears up soon.

Darrell

13. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I would say it depends on the size of the leak. I came back to my motorhome one time to find my supply hose curled up neatly next to the RV and disconnected. It took me a while to determine that the water pressure in the park was really high, and I had put the pressure regulator on the motorhome inlet, not at the park spigot, so the pressure had burst my supply hose.
    In this case I fully understand coming on "my property", disconnecting the hose and turning off the water.

Chris G.

Wildfire likes this.