Hola

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by momdoc, Feb 21, 2017.

1. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

New to this forum. My wife and I are retired and have lived in the Dominican Republic (originally from Colorado) for the last 11 years. We are now splitting our time between the DR and traveling the US in our new Class C MH. Currently we are coming to the end of a three month trip from Florida to Arizona.
    momdoc

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Hope your enjoying your new Class C.

I'm from CT... not sure if you have been up to New England, but it's worth a visit!

See you around the campfire! :cool:

Mike

3. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

Mike thanks for the welcome. Actually this last summer we did a "shakedown" trip form Cape Ann Mass to RI and down through TN and on to Orlando. It was an 8 week trip. I used to live in NJ an spent lots of vacation time in NE

momdoc

mdcamping likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

First off welcome to the forum momdoc. As you know on every forum there is one "wise-arse" so allow me to introduce myself. I just have one question of you. Did you use the large single wheeled pontoons on the new RV to get over here or did you use those full length ones that run down each side and attach at several connection points using bungee cords under it............:D Your three month trip sounds fantastic hope you visited many interesting places and stayed at some nice parks and campgrounds along the way too. Does the DR have RV parks like we do here stateside? Never been there but here that there are some really neat areas to visit. Safe trip home when you leave and don't forget to hoist in the old anchor as you will find your speed will increase significantly if you do........:rolleyes:

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

5. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

Actually it has a hydro plane system for the open water :) We store it where ever we end our trip and then pick it up again 3 months later. Nest trip will be to Canada and the Pacific North west for 3 months or so starting in June. I am already looking forward to that.
    No there are no RV parks, and no real camping areas in the DR only beautiful beaches, great cold beer and sunny hot temps.
    momdoc

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum. If the trip took you thru my state of TX, I hope you got some of the world's greatest BBQ. Come back in August and you can enjoy the sunny HOT! :)

7. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

Yes we did go through Texas or I should say we were blown through Texas. I was a bit surpised on how cold and windy south Texas was, especially the southwestern area. And yes we had some very good BBQ.
    We will return to spend more time in Texas especially the hill country
    Thanks for the welcome
    momdoc

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Cold and windy for us is a couple days during a couple months of Jan and Feb. You must have hit it at that time. Hope you had a tail wind. It's about 950 miles thru TX from LA to NM.

The Hill Country is a great place to visit. If you have the time, would at least suggest Frederickburg where you will find Rustin' Bob's Texas Gourmet Foods and Mamacita's Restaurant & Cantina. You can find almost every bottled sauce, jelly, and food topping that you could imaging at Rustin' Bobs. Everything can be sampled! Great and plenty of food at Mamacita's but limit yourself to no more than two margaritas unless you want to crawl back to the RV. Then there is the tour of the LBJ ranch in Johnson City.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If you like history stuff, the Nimitz National Museum of the Pacific in Fredericksburg is really good. They do re-enactments so check their website for what is going on when you might be there. http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/

And by the way, welcome to the forum!

10. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

You can't "go through" Texas, you must stop, and meet people.
    I would strongly recommend Texas west of I-35. And, yes, that includes the "Hill Country".
    If you like Geography and Geology you might look up the Edwards Plateau and the Llano Uplift.
    As a Flatlander from Illinois I have actually gotten used to limestone and river rocks, sheep and goats. The beauty is in the people and what they have withstood to be a survivor in West Texas.

11. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

Jack you are correct our 2+ weeks was not nearly enough time. We will be back for a month or more in the near future
    momdoc

12. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a great way to retire to me! Welcome aboard.

13. momdoc

momdoc
    Expand Collapse

Thank you and yes we have enjoyed retirement!
    momdoc

14. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

You can read my slogan on retirement just below. :)

Cyclonic likes this.