Australia Day January 2017 trip Tallebubgera

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jason Goodwin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Hello All

Thought I would add our most recent trip for you to warm you hands on.

Average temperature whilst we were away for the 4 days was around 100 degrees F.

Tallebudgera Creek Tourist Park is on the Queensland's Gold Coast about an hour and 10 minutes from Brisbane.
    Tallebudgera-Creek-aerial-view-03_gctp.jpg
    The park is Council owned and very well set up with both pool and beaches that access the pacific ocean and the inlet that includes Tallebudgera Creek. Park Location is also adjacent to the National Park that has walking parks through it.
    Tallebudgera-Creek-popular-resort-style-pool-11_gctp.jpg
    Big swimming pools and the inlet make it a great spot for families.
    Tallebudgera-Creek-fishing-in-paradise_gctp.jpg
    Park link;
    http://www.goldcoasttouristparks.com.au/tallebudgeracreek-parkhome

We went down with 4 families and booked out a group of sites on a corner.

BankShot likes this.
  2. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Getting up early and heading down we had the kids, the kayak and a boat so well organised and ready for anything.
    IMG_1903.JPG
    Set up is easy and had the Solar out early to keep the beers in the fridge nice and frosty.

Most of the day is spent between the pool and the beach with the beach being my pick. The park is busy this time of year as Aussies do love their Australia Day holiday.
    IMG_1905.JPG
    Happy (Belated January 26th lol) Australia Day.

Family, food and beers............what a great few days!
    IMG_1916.JPG
    As stated there is a National Park adjacent to the park which we took the opportunity to walk around each morning to dust off the cobwebs....... mind you after the few beers the night before I was VERY Dusty indeed. You can see Surfers Paradise through the trees with the bloke in the picture on the famous Burleigh Break.
    IMG_1927.JPG
    The locals are quite friendly. This little bloke is about 5 feet long and looking for scraps and bugs.

From the other side of the lookout you can see the southern part of the Gold Coast or Goldie with the Tallebudgera bar in the front.
    IMG_1928.JPG
    But you have to remember that the rocks and bars around here can be quite nasty.
    IMG_1914.JPG
    This is one of 2 small boats or "Tinnies" that I saw left on the rocks. No information re the crew but no reports of drownings so must have been OK.

3. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

My littlest bloke got in as much fishing as he possibly could, both off the shore and in the estuary. I think he is either fishing or fish hunting......anyway he is ready for Fish war...lol
    IMG_1931.JPG
    So after 4 nights of water based fun, great food and good ale it was time to go home.
    IMG_1933.JPG
    Love Tallebudgera. Hope the report helped warm you up over there. Its been a bugga of a hot summer here in Australia this year.

With Autumn temps as I write this still around 90 degrees F we are actually looking forward to winter. Which I will complain about shortly I am sure.

Cheers
    Jason

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Jason

Like the pool, looks very inviting and your eguana looks very relaxed! (hope I'm spelling it right)

Well I still have a foot of snow here, hoping soon the get some of your down under warmth back up here, my next camping trip is 4 weeks away!

Mike

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  5. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Its actually an Eastern Water Dragon Mike......I think.......I also got my conversion wrong he was probably around 3 and a half feet long.

By the sound of where you are mate.....our warm weather isn't coming your way anytime soon.

Cheers
    Jason

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="Jason Goodwin, post: 52506, member: 112065"] My littlest bloke got in as much fishing as he possibly could, both off the shore and in the estuary. I think he is either fishing or fish hunting......anyway he is ready for Fish war...lol

Hey Jason - I wasn't aware the the "Blue Man Group" had added another member to their act in Las Vegas............... :D

Great outfit..........BankShot...........(aka Terry)

Cheers
    Jason[/QUOTE]