Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

Appears there is a software program that checks for certain 'triggers' and if the criteria is met it goes for review. No big deal for me Gayle, just trying to understand it. Thought I screwed up!

2. Gayle E.

Gayle E.
    Expand Collapse

Well, if you're like me, that's always a consideration. :)

3. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

It is always a big consideration for me too!

4. DawnsDad

DawnsDad
    Expand Collapse

Question about the map that appears when I browse campgrounds by state. Is there a way to change the default from satellite image to just the basic map? Sometimes we have very slow internet and the satellite map takes too long to load. I know I can toggle back and forth, but I would like it to permanently load the simple map, never the satellite image. Thanks.

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

At present I don't think that's an option, but it's a reasonable suggestion and I'll pass it along to the programming team.

6. TedandElle

TedandElle
    Expand Collapse

I hope you don't mind me replying to this older thread; it seems to be the place for the kind of issue I wanted to mention.

I realized today I'm quite wordy when writing reviews. While the review box cut me off at the 2000 character mark, the tips box didn't cut me off at 500. It let me type more than 800 characters and then rejected it for being too long. Would you consider changing the site programming to limit the tips box to 500 characters?

Thanks!

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Thanks for identifying that issue for us. I have passed it along to the programming team.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just curious, has their been a change in the 2 review minimum policy?

Mike

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, that guideline no longer exists.

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I had noticed the first time reviews looked a little different, thanks for the update.

Mike

11. ztoymaker

ztoymaker
    Expand Collapse

I have 4 post up and I still have 3 in my profile that is yellow background. Does that mean they are not going up? Or that they didn't go up. Maybe I missed something meaning there not finished?. If so how do I fix this? Thanks.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have recently added the yellow background to show that a review is pending, and you are correct that there are 3 of your reviews that have not been processed. However, they were submitted on July 26 and because this is our busiest time of year, we just have not gotten to them yet. We are working as fast as we can, and we appreciate your patience.

13. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

After a week, I still don't see my reviews. I have 4 published, and don't see even the ones that are pending.
    How do you find any of this out, seems like its difficult for us to provide content to the site, which main reason for being is reviews.

What can I do, haven't seen emails or anything.

14. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

Also, every photo that I have uploaded is there, for the parks that I reviewed, which I did seconds after submitting the review.

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You have four approved and posted reviews and we don't show any as currently pending. I'm not sure what the disconnect was, but they aren't logged into our system.'

I have examined a detailed log of your account's activity and no reviews have been submitted since October.

16. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that is pretty disheartinging, since I spend time actually doing reviews.
    Reviews were done for the following Campgrounds:
    Look and see if you have any draft reviews for those, and maybe we can find them, if not, I will type something offline, maybe just copy what I put on my blog.

As you can see the dates and times of the uploaded photos for the same parks, as I did the photo upload after I submitted the actual review.

17. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

I also notice, that on my profile, I see the uploaded photos, but they are not associated with the park, which is the way I uploaded them, by means of going to the park page, and clicking upload photo.

18. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

On your own page the photos aren't associated with a particular park, but they show up on the pages for the parks you submitted them for.

19. TexanTraveler

TexanTraveler
    Expand Collapse

Understood. When I am on a park, and click "upload photo" they go to that park, right?
    As that is the way that I uploaded them.
    Not sure why that button would be there if they don't go to that specific park.
    Was there a site issue on the 24/25th when I did this?

20. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Our system doesn't keep "drafts". Reviews are either submitted or they aren't. I'm not saying you didn't try to submit these reviews, but for whatever reason they didn't register in the system. Did you receive confirmation emails from our system acknowledging your reviews? I'll bet you didn't.