"We Be Feeling Good"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Close to pulling in the old anchor and heading on down the road. Bound for Arizona to go raise some hate and discontent over there for a while. Weather looks to be great during the entire time we will be there and we are crossing our old bony, bent and arthritic fingers in hopes that we can get one of our three favorite spaces in the campground we will be holed up at for the first week. Got the Bloody Marys and Margaritas all mixed in their respective jugs, enough wine to last till next Christmas, and the motorhome is all serviced and ready to go. Just some gear and misc. things to pack away and we will be off. Missed our first trip of the year due to weather but rest assured we will make up for that this trip. We ask only one thing of the forum members who happen to read this. Please say a small prayer of sorts to the road gods that we don't get stuck behind a convoy of 18 wheelers as we climb east over the Tehachapis on Hwy 58. Never ceases to amaze me how they like to block both lanes while one or two are trying to pass the slower ones and then don't complete the pass until we reach the top and are heading down the other side. Oh well, somehow we'll manage to keep from using the old air horn..........or will we............ :rolleyes:

Safe travels to all, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry, my pet polar bear is praying for you.

Pet Polar Bear.jpg

BankShot likes this.
  3. Vicki K

Vicki K
    Expand Collapse

Have a fun and safe trip!

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Safe travels. You pack like we do....wine to last until Christmas. :)

Darrell

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

And I would imagine that when somebody asks you where your pet Polar Bear sleeps you tell them, anywhere he wants............... :D

Onemoretrail likes this.
  6. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

Safe travels .... Bloody Marys and Margaritas! You have your priorities in order! Any secret recipes you want to share?

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

At one time I made my Maggies and BM's from scratch and both recipes are a secret in my head. No where are they written down as I use the old "add and taste method" which is neat because I can usually get one drink up on my significant other with that method... :D I will go to the time and trouble of doing at home so but for our trips I decided a while back to just use a pre-mix for both and then do some "inventive experimentation" by adding to them with a concoction of stuff I came up with to have them taste almost as good as my own recipe. There is nothing mo betta than a Maggie made from fresh limes and Agave syrup as the base. Making them this way has both a pro and a con however. The pro is that they do taste better, the con is that you have to suck down the entire batch as it won't keep but for more than a day, maybe two at best. Not even in the fridge. I guess I could freeze the leftovers but then it takes too long to thaw it out and who wants to sit around and watch a Maggie thaw out so you can drink it.. :p They are made to drink and enjoy at the moment, after that the afternoon becomes evening and the cork comes out of the wine then. I tell ya Russ60, it can become a real conundrum at times trying to decide when BM time ends, Maggie time takes over, and when do it become wine time. But somehow we manage and life remains good... :cool:

All the best, Bankshot..............(aka Terry)

8. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

You have outlined the tough becisions I have to make everyday Rving! Made my wife & me smile! Thanks Terry!

Russ

BankShot likes this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Only too happy to assist in making your "imbibing times" much mo betta for you............. :D

Terry

10. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Add prickly pear juice or syrup to a margarita........mmmmmmm.

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We just tried some the other day but I have to tell you that while trying to extract that juice from a Prickly Pear cactus sitting very near our campsite, I sustained several very hurtful wounds that required a few extra ounces of Tequila in the margaritas I was preparing just to numb the pain. But it was well worth that pain and more when sipping time began, which by the way came much earlier than we thought................:D

Thanks for the tip Luvtheroad. My emergency medical bill will mailed to you shortly..............:p

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

12. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I got a sticker in my tongue trying to taste a prickly pear a few years ago. I was just going to take a teeny little bite out of one area that looked relatively spineless. That thing hurt like a son-of-a-gun for DAYS! I buy it in the bottle now....