Double Listing

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Jerry S, Nov 10, 2014.

1. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

This appears to have been corrected.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

That is correct. I fixed it right after I wrote my reply about it. I also fixed the problem reported in post #18. I'm not sure why that was not handled when it was reported, but it is fixed now, and I'm sorry that it took so long.

3. NoVa RT

NoVa RT
    Expand Collapse

You have separate listings for Jellystone Park Campground & Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, both in Mexico, NY. Same phone number and website. Looks like a boo-boo.

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Thanks for bringing that to our attention; it has now been corrected.

5. Danno

Danno
    Expand Collapse

You may need a persistent thread for double listings. I'm staying at a park tonight that is double listed:
    "Gun Creek Campground COE" Benton IL with 3 reviews
    "Gun Creek COE" Whittington IL with 18 reviews
    Whittington IL is physically closer & is the actual mailing address for the campground. Benton IL is a little further south & a much bigger town.

When you get a chance, can you combine these two?
    Thanks!
    Danno

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The two listings have been merged into one with Whittington IL as the appropriate city. Thanks for being an RVPR user.

7. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

There is a new review for J & H RV in Flagstaff, AZ that shows as the initial review for the park. I believe this is the same J & H RV listed under Flagstaff that already has dozens of reviews.

8. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I believe someone has fixed this since the new J&H review is no longer a "first review". I can only find one park with this name or anything similar. Let me know if I've overlooked something.

9. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

docj:

You are right. Somebody already made the correction.

10. RVNed

RVNed
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all your hard work on this site. I stumbled on a triple listing while exploring places to camp in Tennessee. Pickwick Landing State Park is a state-owned property with a postal address in Counce, TN. The park operates both Pickwick Landing Campground and the primitive Bruton Branch Recreation Area across the river (currently unlisted on RVPR). Reviews for the main campground seem to be scattered among "Pickwick Landing State Park" and "Pickwick Landing State Park Campground" in Pickwick Dam, TN; along with "Pickwick Dam State Park" in Savannah, TN. There is also a "Pickwick Dam TVA Campground" which should remain separate as the TVA operates its own facilities in the area. If the first 3 could be combined and linked to the park's current website and the pushpin moved to the actual park on Google Maps, it would make navigation much easier!

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for reporting this. We will look into this and take appropriate action.

12. RVNed

RVNed
    Expand Collapse

Did you guys get a chance to review Pickwick Landing? It looks like all 3 duplicate listings are still up.

13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I think I've now properly consolidated the reviews. If you find a review in the state park listing that you think belongs in the TVA campground please let me know. I can move them one at a time, if that is appropriate.

14. RVNed

RVNed
    Expand Collapse

Looks great! I believe the oldest review for the park (mlscully43 from October 2006) needs to be moved to the TVA listing since it specifically mentions it as a TVA location. And the Campground Website link currently directs to a defunct PickwickRVPark.com. The current state park webpage is http://tnstateparks.com/parks/about/pickwick-landing

Thanks for the fix! I hope to get out there this spring and write my own review :D

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Both of those have now been fixed. Can't figure out what went wrong with the URL, but it's correct now.

16. NoVa RT

NoVa RT
    Expand Collapse

There are 2 listings for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Williamsport, MD. One with 18 reviews, and one for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp - Resort, with no reviews. Looks like a Boo-Boo. :)

17. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Marion RV Park in Marion, IL has 2 listings.

18. RVNed

RVNed
    Expand Collapse