Editing Reviews

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Paul Goodspeed, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Paul Goodspeed

Paul Goodspeed
    Expand Collapse

I would really love the ability to add to and/or edit a review after I've submitted it. I just thought of two more very important things I wanted to add to a submitted review but when it's gone it's gone.

2. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Same here. They are on and I re-read them and see a misspelling or something, would have to change it.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If there are just minor changes (misspelled word, something left out, etc) and not a whole revision, you can report them to the Help Desk and changes will be made for you.

Jane-D100 likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Yep, and that includes a "plague" I was trying to spread on a recent post I made. :eek: Texasrvers jumped in and kept it from spreading to the rest of you folks............ :D

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the software would support a brief, perhaps 5-10 minute, "window" after submitting a review when you could edit it. Similar to the edit window for forum posts. Maybe the admins would query the programmers about it.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good idea. Thanks.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'm guessing a lot of folks do this... I write my reviews on microsoft word. usually I will open a window and paste & click phrases from my old reviews that describe the campground I'm reviewing. Then I will add comments that only apply to the campground that I'm reviewing. When I'm done I paste & click my microsoft word review onto the RVPR site reviews. Lots of times I will pick up mistakes on my word reviews, sometimes I leave the review half done on microsoft word because sometimes I know I'm forgetting things and it take me a day or so to remember everything/get my thoughts together.

This all said there's always that word or phrase that I didn't say quite the way I wanted to that I always notice a day or two later after the review is posted that I wish I could change... oh well...

Mike

Cyclonic likes this.
  8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

I don't do that, but I think I will start doing that. Kinda like the checklist idea, as I often forget information I would like to share and remember later, like how good or bad the WiFi was, which is important to me as even on vacation I am often working.

9. Bluesbirdy

Bluesbirdy
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it is easier for the programmers to add the possibility to withdraw your own review completely.
    Then you can start all over again and submit a new review.

10. Gayle E.

Gayle E.
    Expand Collapse

I sent in a review with an error about the WiFi...the CG didn't have any, and I erroneously stated that the WiFi was good. As soon as I hit submit, I realized my error. I couldn't figure out how to edit or whom to contact. I sent an email via this website stating my error, as I would hate to mislead someone with my review. My review posted without my error being corrected. It would be helpful to have an edit option, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has needed it.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Our Help Desk gets a large amount of messages during the summer months. They reply to messages as soon as they can. You did not mention the date you sent your request to have your review revised, but if it has been longer than 2 weeks, you might want to try contacting them again as they may not have received your email. If it has been less than 2 weeks, they are just probably stacked up with messages.

12. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

As per texasrvers comment, I could see this as adding a lot of work for the RVPR staff since there probably hundreds of review submitted on a frequent basis. We should all do our part to reduce that problem by making sure everything is as we want it to be before hitting the submit button. Not to do so is transferring our mistake to them.

Having said that, some sort of Preview mechanism that was easy to check before submitting would be helpful to those of us who might have fat fingers from time to time.

13. Gayle E.

Gayle E.
    Expand Collapse

All the more reason to have an edit function - to take the burden off the RVPR staff who already have a big job. Mistakes will, and do, happen.

RnBRV and Geppetto like this.
  14. RnBRV

RnBRV
    Expand Collapse

Plus 1 on this. I belong to some other sites on other subjects that allow a contributor to edit their own previous posts, reviews etc. I'd also like to see the forum sort order changed to newest to oldest instead of what it is. I like to see the most recent post at the top of the list instead of going to page 5 or whatever.

15. Damon-Becky

Damon-Becky
    Expand Collapse

I submitted a review today with an incorrect rate...K posted $38 rather than the $31 that it was at the time. This was for Parker's Crossroads RV Park in Yuma, TN. Would like to edit or correct that if possible. The Park is great, and don't want to have wrong info there.

16. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

17. ForestWalker

ForestWalker
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to set it up so that while our reviews are still in the "pending approval" stage on the profile page to be able to edit them one last time?

EDIT: I mean, even here in the forums I get one last chance to make changes to what I've posted.

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The RVPR Site Team has discussed allowing reviewers the ability to edit their reviews for a short period of time after they are submitted. While we saw some advantages in allowing this, there were also some problems in doing so which we never found a solution to, and as a result, nothing was ever done about it. Maybe sometime down the line we can work out the problems, and this will be something we are able to offer.

19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

One thing I have done that has helped (and I know some folks probably do this already) is I write my reviews on microsoft word first. this gives me time to come back to add,edit or change things in the review. Then I paste & click the written review to RVPR. This has helped most times but not all.

Mike

20. Jim Lee

Jim Lee
    Expand Collapse

What does this mean? * This review belongs to a park that has been removed from RVParkReviews. One review was for Huckleberr6y Blm Camp in Idaho the other was county park ourside of Crescent City CA