Bullseye electric leveling jacks for trailers

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by RickB, Nov 25, 2014.

1. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

I am considering the purchase of Bullseye or some other type of leveling jacks for my trailer (maybe hydraulic). I would love to hear from RVers who've done the same. Most interested whether it works off the battery, if it's fairly accurate, if it works as advertised, if the trailer will still "wiggle", etc.

2. 15243

Expand Collapse

I had the Bullseye system installed on my Jayco fifth wheel trailer last Nov. It's a great system. It allows me to level with the push of a button. I no long have to carry a lumber yard with me to level and my wife doesn't have to stand out in the rain while I back on to the boards, then check the level etc. The system works well on the battery, although I do have a generator. I have checked the level with a bubble level on my phone and it comes in at 0 or 1 degree within level. I do get some wiggle and I'm not sure what it would take to eliminate it. I'm glad I added the system.

3. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. We are not yet retired so we mostly weekend camp. For me, leveling and getting the stabilizing jacks down is the worst part. I'll continue to research the Bullseye and the Lippert auto leveling systems post what I end up doing.

15243 likes this.
  4. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

My new trailer, a Sanibel has the lippert auto system. I works very well. Mine has 4 piont and my buddy has the 6 point, We both have a bit of wiggling going on and it does work off the battery.

5. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

You'll get more 'wiggle' if you have more of the cylinder exposed. Try and limit the length of the cylinder by using some blocks under each pad. That will help with some stability.

6. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

If by cylinders you mean the the jacks with the pin holes? I have 2 2x8 blocks in the front, on both sides and 2 concrete blocks, next to each other, in the back and a 1 2x8, on both sides. My landing gear has the slip jacks that go down to the ground or what ever you have on the ground. The pin locks as you lower the the main jacks, then it self levels.

7. OldSoldier

OldSoldier
    Expand Collapse

I have a new trailer with a lippert 6-point system. Of my 4 RVs, this is, by far, my most stable set up. Hydraulic and dies work off a properly charged battery.

8. snowbirdstoday

snowbirdstoday
    Expand Collapse

We added the lippert 6 point hydraulic a few years ago and kept the rear electrics that where on the 5th wheel originally. 38 foot 16,500 pound. Did not help the wiggle a lot but wow what a difference in set up. No more back and forth add ramps and blocks for tires etc. Friends of ours added the cross stabilizers and did get rid of almost all of the wiggle but ours is not bad enough to want to do that. So easy to do that anyone could run the system and when you are ready to go it runs the landing gear to the same height as when you unhooked so hookup is easy also.

9. DoggyDaddy

DoggyDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Helpful Tip: With all Jack systems it is important to spray the extended jacks with oil once a week (not WD40) if left extend that long or longer to reduce corrosion, pitting, or rust on the stainless steel shafts which would damage the seals and cause premature leaking. Salt air, humidity and blowing sand can cause problems.
    Also to reduce wind sway, reduce the length the jacks are extended by putting blocks under jacks that require extra extension due to holes and angle of the roadway.

10. Edmond

Edmond
    Expand Collapse

I've been waiting 2 months for my jacks. The owner lies everytime I am able to talk to him. Disputed credit card and all of a sudden jacks show up. Cancel dispute and still dont have jacks. Horrible service. Going to dispute again. Do business elsewhere. Save the stress.

11. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

I hope it works out for you Edmond.
    We traded our trailer for a 5th wheel that came with the level-up system and I can say it makes set up and take down a breeze. Absolutely love it.

12. Edmond

Edmond
    Expand Collapse

13. Edmond

Edmond
    Expand Collapse

Never got jacks or refund
    Call Cass County Sheriff

14. Edmond

Edmond
    Expand Collapse

15. JerryS