Coastal Paradise dba Paradise Lagoons

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by TXCoastgal, Jul 13, 2017.

1. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

We stayed in this park from 4/18 until 7/8. During that time we had eight different occasions where our pad was left under 6" of water due to rain (even a 30 minute downpour). The pads around us flooded and the street as well. They brought pumps in and installed on both sides of our pad (using our electricity) to drain the water to the pond. We had dead minnows on our pad after one incident. The smell of sewage is almost a daily occurrence. We were promised by owner (previous) that he was in the process of making repairs. But he was really working a deal to sell the park; which he did. New management is very rude and unprofessional. When we questioned her about what the plan was for the flooding, she stated they "had a call into the State" and turned her back on us and left the room. We moved out on 7/8/17. Management accused us of not returning an HDMI cable with the cable box. It did not come with one...we purchased our own. But had to give it to them in order to hopefully get our $110 deposit back. Then we were informed that we would not be receiving our $100 pad deposit back per the new manager. When we asked for a reason the person in office could not supply an answer. We did no damage and never received one complaint. When we originally moved into this park we had hoped it would be long term. But after not even 3 months and no repairs or even answers we chose to leave. One of the employees in the park even told us that things were going to get worse. I advise anyone that's considering this park to reconsider. I would have given more stars. But the new manager is enough to rate it at 1 and then take the flooding into factor. We have pictures to prove the flooding. We camped at Coastal Paradise dba Paradise Lagoons in a Fifth Wheel.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

That's quite a story TXCoastgal and one that nobody should have to experience. Old Mother Nature can really mess things up at times and from your pics that seems to be the case in this instance. To me the position the park took and has taken on this situation is not right and you did the right thing in packing up and leaving IMHO. I noticed that one pic showed the power pedestal for the coach next to you to be under water......... :eek: That ain't good as somebody could get "bit of a shock" while standing in the water and either hooking up or unhooking. Not something any RVer should be exposed to. Hope you find another park that is much better and with a different attitude that what you've experienced staying in this one. Rest assured if we ever did get down that way we for sure not even give this one a second look. In fact we wouldn't give it a first look based upon what you've told us............:mad:

Travel safe and be well, BankShot................(aka Terry)

TXCoastgal likes this.
  3. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

When we moved into this park we had hoped to stay there longer term. But they refuse to make things right and make repairs so it was time to move on. This park is now owned by the same company as Lagoons and Paradise Lagoons in Rockport so I would advice avoiding those as well.

Wildfire likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I've never understood why and how some parks are like this. Rude, ignorant and cheap doesn't cut it in my book and I figure "once burned, lesson learned" and will move on and never come back. Let us know how things work out for you in finding another park to stay in. One where you won't get electrocuted when it does rain and/or flood..............

Regards, BankShot............(aka Terry)

5. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

Yes Terry we learned our lesson. The only reason we stayed as long as we did was due to the previous owner knocking on our door, shaking my hand and PROMISING to make repairs. While he was in the works to sell out all along. When the new "manager" took over we asked her what the plan was for the flooding. She replied "We have a call into the State." She then VERY rudely andunprofessionally turned her back on us and left the room. They expect the State to come dig out the drainage ditch between the parks fence and the frontage road. I don't think the State will pay for stupid. Coastal Paradise HAD a Facebook page and I started posting pics on it so owners/manager removed the page. I believe that is why manager is holding our $100 deposit. Hope it was worth the $100 to her for all the posts and emails I have made.

6. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

Oh and we have moved, Thank goodness.

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Have you submitted a review on this park as yet? If you have then it's possible it hasn't been posted as yet. If not then perhaps you should as it will give other RVers on this site the opportunity to read more about your experiences and then choose for themselves whether they want to bring their pontoons along during rainy season. I also tried locating this park called "Coastal Paradise" but it won't come up no matter how I type it in the search bar. What state is it located in? You never did say. I was thinking possibly Texas due to your forum name but "Coastal" can be in many states.
    Glad you got moved and hope you are in a nicer place now and will have no further problems......

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

8. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

TXCoastalgal,

Some clarification is needed here. You actually did submit a review for this park on 7-10-17. However, this is our busiest time of year, and we received quite a large number of reviews before yours, mostly due to the long Fourth of July weekend. Also you submitted this as a new park (which is good); however, it must be approved before your review can be posted to it. Again we have had a large number of new parks come in, and they take a bit longer to approve. We understand your desire to report your experience, but our volunteer staff is working as fast as they can. Your new park submission and your review will be posted as soon as possible, but your patience will be appreciated.

By the way, when you submitted the park, you listed the name as "Coastal Paradise dba Paradise Lagoons." What does the "dba" stand for?

10. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

dba = "doing business as". The park sold while we were there. And that's another thing I should have added in my review.....they didn't even bother to notify the tenants.
    Thanks for your hard work!

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I live in the area and did confirm that the park is calling itself Paradise Lagoons even though the website hasn't been updated.

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm puzzled by this comment, since this IS the Paradise Lagoons park. Yes, the Lagoons Park is in Rockport and this is Paradise Lagoons in Aransas Pass. When you say to avoid "those as well" it's a circular reference because one of the parks to avoid is the one you are already writing about. I'm pretty sure I know what you meant, but I wanted to make sure that the ownership company doesn't have yet another park in the area.

13. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

Yes we had to make our last payments out to "Paradise Lagoons". The office was open from 9-5 with lunch from 12-1 prior to the new manager. When I posted about this on Facebook, one person posted that she went into the office of Coastal Paradise/Paradise Lagoons to inquire about the rates. She was never given the info and then was told she could not arrive on a Sunday. SAY WHAT???? I've seen them arrive on Sundays before. Bad business IMHO. Which is why 3 months was enough. And one of the employees there told my husband and me that things are only going to get worse. Which they already had. They had two large trash dumpsters at the back gate. They had those removed and brought in a couple of dozen residential type trash cans in their place and placed some near the back laundry facilities. We were also told that they will be getting rid of the free satellite TV and wifi.

14. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

Yes Lagoons is in Rockport and the same company owns Blue Lagoons. Sorry for the confusion.

http://www.bluelagoonsrvresort.com/
    http://www.lagoonsrv.com/

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You're probably aware that this park nearly doubled in size over the past year and it filled nearly as fast as the sites were completed. I guess when there's that much demand people have a tendency to lose their customer service focus. That's a real shame.

16. TXCoastgal

TXCoastgal
    Expand Collapse

Yes, we knew they just opened up the back part in the Fall I believe. We had driven through it prior to moving in and my father-in-law lives in the area and drove through as well trying to pick our "perfect" site. :mad: