Inconsistent Posting of Reviews?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by We Roamed and Rambled, Jul 22, 2017.

1. We Roamed and Rambled

We Roamed and Rambled
    Expand Collapse

Hi, relatively new member here, with a question on handling of reviews. I posted my first two reviews a couple months ago, and they were reviewed, approved, and posted in the appropriate campground links within a day or so.

I am now in process of writing up 13 additional reviews from a recent trip (hey, I used this site a lot to plan my trip, figured I would give back to the community), and so far I have submitted 5 of them. For a couple, I received near-instantaneous e-mail notifications that my review was reviewed and approved, and the review is shown in the CG listing. However, for others, submitted within 15-30 minutes of the 'approved" ones, I got no such notifications, and those reviews do not show up on the respective CG pages. Oddly though, all 7 reviews that I have submitted so far are shown when I view my profile.

I have read the other threads about this being busy season for reviews, but given that a couple of mine were instantly approved, seems that something else is amiss here, perhaps a timing/too many too soon software issue?

Would like to know before I write up more of them; and if I should try to resubmit the ones I already sent that are not showing up in their respective CG listings.

Thanks!
    Norm

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The 7 reviews show up on your profile but not showing up in their respective CG listings. I have never heard of this one before. I would guess and as you mentioned the system could be busy and hasn't caught up. Maybe give it a day or so. Hopefully one of the admins will respond and clarify.

Mike

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We Roamed,

I looked at your reviews and everything seems to be in order.

First you have submitted a total of 7 reviews. Five are posted. The other two are in our pending review queue because they both contained a person's name (which is against our guidelines), and they were held for further review so that one of our admins can determine if the names can be easily removed (which we are allowed to do) or if the review will have to be returned to you for revision. Since this is our busiest time of year, this process could take several days, but it has nothing to do with sending too many too soon which you suggested might be the problem.

Second, just so you know, reviews that are either posted or pending approval are displayed on a member's profile. However, the pending reviews are not displayed on the park's listing and members do not receive a notice until they are actually posted. Therefore, all five of your recent reviews are visible on you profile because they are either posted or pending approval.

Finally we appreciate that you are submitting your reviews to us and hope you will continue to do so. You are always welcome to contact our Help Desk if you think something has happened to any of them, but we are receiving over 100 reviews a day so it could take a longer time for them to be read and posted.

Thanks for your support and we will look forward to getting the remainder of your reviews.

4. We Roamed and Rambled

We Roamed and Rambled
    Expand Collapse

Hi, and thanks for the info - I'll work on getting the others written up.

(By the way, only one of the 2 pending reviews had a person's name in it...but the other contained location/place names that actually were named after people (Allen, Frederick), so I guess that is what tripped the checker.)

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are correct. Some of the names you had in one of the reviews were used as place names rather than peoples' names, but the system can't tell the difference. And I thought computers were supposed to be smart. :p

6. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

It is also important to note that Admin staff for this website are also volunteers and do the approvals in their own time. Like you and a great deal of others, they too are spending time with their families and enjoying the the camping season. This of course will also add to the delay in reviews getting approved.